1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Lin does Dallas- 10/10
    You will see why they called him Chandler "Bang"

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Went on 2 14 hour plane trips to Dubai and back so saw 6 movies to pass time

21 Jump Street - funny as hell! some cringe worthy moments but other than that must watch. A+

22 Jump Street - again very funny but less so than the 1st on. but really entertaining! B

Edge of Tomorrow - Entertaining, cool plot B-

100 Foot journey - Good ethnic film with great acting - B+

Pacific Rim - Awesome action, terrible acting by some actors, forgettable story C

A Few Good Men - great acting, can't believe I just now watched it. Overall a great film A

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Just remembered i also watched The Mazerunner and Gardians Of the Galaxy also on the flights so totaling 8 movies.a

Some spoilers for the Mazerunner included

The Mazerunner was disappointing overall, to top it off I hate CGI made up creatures in any movie, Pacific rim was cool because it looked awesome in MR it did not. Other than that it had the actor of the stupidest GoT character ever and the ending deaths happened just so they could happen. Not looking forward to the second one - D

Gaurdian Of the Galaxy - First of all I am an avid Parks and Rec fan Loved every single episode besides the awkward Pilot episode. That being said I wasn't even surprised when I heard all the Chris Pratt love. He delivered again. A great movie - A

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

They changed A LOT from the book, though I thought the Grievers were designed well. In any case, the relationnships between characters and subsequent deaths carried much more weight in the book. And they axed pretty much every sci-fi element from the story.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

My 7 year old did the same thing. That was pretty intense for a children's movie!

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Wind That Shakes The Barley: 10/10. Watched on Netflix with subtitles.

Beyond description.

Based on my impression of Clutchfans demographics, most here will not like it very much. Not for the faint of heart.

It doesn't fit the typical track of any American genre.

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I wish I had read the books now

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

American Hustle - 8/10
    Wolf on Wallstreet - 7/10
    Lego Movie - 5/10
    Snowpiercer - 1/10

9. dragician

dragician Member

Rio 2 - 2/10.

Percy Jackson - 1/10.

Hobbit (Armies) - 8/10.

Nymphomaniac S1 - 5/10.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

American Hustle-1/10 not sure what the hype was

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Into the Storm - 3 out of 10. Lori from Walking Dead was the best part. Which should tell you all you need to know.

Jersey Boys - 4 out of 10. Now all I know all I need to know about Frankie Valli. Yawn. Best part... Christopher Walken.

Four Minute Mile - 5 out of 10. usually a big fan of inspirational sports films. Unfortunately, this one wasn't inspirational. Best parts... Kim Basinger (well, her role and acting was horrible, but I used to ave it really bad for her). And the other female lead was a poor man's Michele Trachtenburg.

A Good Lie - 8 out of 10. Highly recommend this one. Truly inspirational story of some of the Lost Boys (and Girls) of Sudan. Reese Witherspoon was good in this one. And despite the new look (dark hair... a few extra pounds) and same old chin she was looking good.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Me either. . it was horrible

Rocket River
    This BIG EYE movie seems to be about the same

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

the cable guy - 8/10

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dumb and Dumber to: loved the original so was really hyped to watch this one; just awful. Still don't understand how they were mentally handicapped in this one. Rob Riggle with 2 roles didn't help either. 5/10

Horrible Bosses 2: liked the first better by a lot. Lots of talking over each other. Forgettable plot. Not enough of Jennifer Aniston's character. 7/10

The Interview: with all the hype it got, it was terrible. At one point one of the characters had to jam something up his butthole; that actually seems more pleasing than watching this movie. Just filled with childish genital jokes and the f word is dropped 3 times in each line. Keep in mind I love Seth Rogen and James Franco as actors so this was really disappointing to me. 5/10

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The Hobbits 3. That was a great movie full of action. A sad ending for sure.

Fury. Great movie as well, reminded me of platoon.

16. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Interstellar 10/10

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. The visuals were incredible and worth the price of admission alone. I sat there giggling like a little kid throughout half the movie.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i liked Fury but Platoon is on a whole other level for me.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Sabotage - Surprisingly solid post Govana Arnie flick. Bloody and very R rated but entertaing. - B

Snowpiercer - Wished I'd seen it earlier, really impressive Scif-flick - B+

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Curious to what you thought of the ending.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10

I remember I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes expecting it to be terrible, then really liked it. Came into this one expecting it to be terrible, and once again really ended up liking it. Awesome movie.