1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

World War Z - 9 out of 10. OK, really like zombie stories (28 Days, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, and TV's Walking Dead) so I am biased. But Pitt was excellent, supported by a no-name cast, and the plot was suspenseful (and relentless) throughout. Can't wait to see it again.

The Little Red Wagon - 5 out of 10. Inspirational true story, poorly acted (except the homeless mom in the sidestory). Really started to hate the little boy, and started having illegal thoughts about his older sister (relax, she is 23... also best known as the creepy girl in The Ring).

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Act of Valor

Predictable story. Acting bad in parts, as expected. But authentic, edge of your seat action. The film was a definite tribute to the military but it didn't force patriotic themes down your throat. It allowed you to appreciate the sacrifices these soldiers make naturally through the context of the film.

7/10

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

ABCs of Death – Probably only for hard core horror fans, 26 - 5 mins shorts by different directors from across the world, each tasked with creating a short using 1 letter of the alphabet with a budget of 5K.

It’s uneven but there are some really solid pieces in it. The shorts vary from straight up horror, slapstick, experimental and extreme. I like some of them but some were outright repellant.

It’s on Netflix streaming so you can forward past those you don’t like unlike myself who watched them all.

C+

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Warm Bodies - 8.5 /10. Really good movie. I expected more of a silly comedy but it was a good heartfelt story

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

World War Z - 5/10

Just too boring. Little to no actual story, and the action was fun but nothing memorable. Brad Pitt was good as usual, but the rest of the characters basically didn't matter. Just wasn't that good, but not completely terrible.

6. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's certainly not new (1997), but I saw Brother (Брат) last night at a friend's house. It's a gritty gangster flick about life during the "wild" 90s in Russia. For Russians it's a classic and one of the most popular post-Soviet films made. It's extremely un-PC and violent and not SFW.

It's also on youtube with english subs.

I'd give it an "A."

Just make sure you click the "caption" button.

There is a sequel which I had already seen, where he goes to the US, and it's funny due to Russian stereotypes about Americans, but the first one is better.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

End of Watch was an excellent movie...really enjoyed it.,.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

White House down. 5/10 Entertaining but very stupid. A poor man's die hard.

Monsters University 9/10 As good as a the first.

9. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Enemy of the State

8/10, conspiracy theorists not so crazy after all.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I have kids now so starting to see more movies:

monsters university
    6/10

Not as good as monsters inc.

I was hopeful about monsters university..therefore disappointed. The graphics are getting pretty darn real looking now. I know have all my eggs in the despicable me basket and I am will probably be disappointed.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

World War Z

Good but so very dissapointing too. 6/10

Man of Steel

Just plain awesome. 8/10

12. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Miami Connection
    The year is 1987. Motorcycle ninjas tighten their grip on Florida's narcotics trade, viciously annihilating anyone who dares move in on their turf. Multi-national martial arts rock band Dragon Sound have had enough, and embark on a roundhouse wreck-wave of crime-crushing justice. When not chasing beach bunnies or performing their hit song "Against the Ninja," Mark (kung-fu master/inspirational speaker Y.K. Kim) and the boys are kicking and chopping at the drug world's smelliest underbelly. It'll take every ounce of their blood and courage, but Dragon Sound can't stop until they've completely destroyed the dealers, the drunk bikers, the kill-crazy ninjas, the middle-aged thugs, the "stupid cocaine"...and the entire MIAMI CONNECTION!!!

9/10 for pure amazingness!

Highlights
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pGjaKjXiAGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Complete Film that should be seen by all!
    <iframe width="650" height="368" src="http://www.videobash.com/embed/NTE0Mjg3" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. body slam

body slam Member

Vera Cruz - 50's Western starring Gary Cooper and Burt Lancaster, featuring a all-star cast Cesar Romero, Ernest Borgnine, Jack Elam, and Charles Bronson. My opinion just about any western with Jack Elam has to be good.

7/10

found it on youtube

14. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

I like this movie as well. Nothing look a good Western.

Killer Joe- 7 out of 10. Emile Hirsch gave a good performance and McConaughey was better than I thought he'd be as a police detective/contract killer.

15. AB423

AB423 Member

Hangover III - 6.5/10 - Storyline kinda sucked but it had hilarious moments

Dead man down - 8/10 - Cool storyline with a cool ending

Snitch - 8/10 - The Rock is always is in good movies

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

North Face (Nordwand). - 8/10

I love mountain climbing movies. This is one of the best, in my humble opinion. It's a German film with English subtitles, which you won't notice after 10 minutes or so. The mountain in question is one I've visited several times. Not as a climber, of course, but as a tourist. The Eiger, in the Swiss Alps. Based on a true story and filmed in 2008, the climbing sequences are simply superb. I don't know how director Phillipp Stolzl and cinematographer Kolja Brandt managed to do it, but you're on the edge of your seat for most of the assault on the North Face of the Eiger, and feel like you are right there with the climbers. Set in 1936, the Nazi's want the last great Alpine challenge conquered by either a German or an Austrian team as a propaganda victory. There are politics in the background of the story that complements it, rather than being a distraction. The acting is terrific. If you like mountain climbing movies, or just want to watch a thrilling, dramatic film, check it out. I watched it on Amazon Prime.

[​IMG]

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

The Wackness 7/10 - crazy hiphop vibe movie with a white youngster telling his story to a shrink that he also sells drugs to. Both of them hang around quite a lot and the old guy is having issues with his wife that he just neglects. He ultimately does have to face it and the boy is pretty normal compared to him. A girl comes into the boy's life, he starts to fall in love, she wants to be friends and he continues to struggle with his life as his parents are always fighting. The title says it all: it's a wacky movie but to me across as very real and even though simple, the acting is pretty good. Only Method Man as a rasta was nothing special, but he did okay and has only a few minutes in the movie. The major plus is the shrink, the same actor who played Gandhi and is just perfect for the role.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

Before Midnight - 8.5/10 (Before Sunrise 9.5/10, Before Sunset 9.5/10) -

Feels like you're watching an all-time classic novel play out on screen while watching these. I had seen the other 2 years ago, but re-watched them again before screening Before Midnight. Really cool damn labor-of-love movie-making. Thought-provoking dialogue, great acting, great scenery. Safe to say it's the most under-the-radar trilogy of all-time.

Hope Linklater keeps churning em out till Delpy and Hawke die.

1 person likes this.
  19. SunsRocketsfan

Twilight 10
    Hannah montana 10
    justin bieber believe 10
    Gigli 10

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Wow didn't know there'd be a third one. Can't wait to see that!