1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah I really enjoyed the showdown in the end. It seemed a lot cleaner and simpler. Much better than the showdown in Skyfall IMO.

Also I think Tom Cruise is a lot shorter than most of the actors in that movie, especially the girl. Reminds me of Top Gun where they made him look taller by making everyone else seem shorter.

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Oblivion 4/10

Stupid predictable movie. Had high hopes going in, just turned out to be another sci-fi cloning movie

3. VanityHalfBlack

Stand up comedy on netflix streaming count?

Moshe Kasher-Live in Oakland 10/10- Freaking hysterical good material

Jim Jeffries-Fully Functional 10/10- Brilliant stuff and not sure why it's not of netflix anymore I just stream the damn thing just last night?

4. LivinLikeLarry

Iron Man 3: 8/10- Thoroughly enjoyed it, Robert Downey was on point and the action scenes were great. Got somewhat predictable though at the end.

The Great Gatsby: 4/10- Only good thing is the amazing scenery. You felt like you were in a dream. Unfortunately I was dreaming for half of it, the plot just dragged on and on and nothing got me excited.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Killing them softly: 7.5/10 Didn't think I'd like it as much as I did

This is 40: 6.75/10 I will say it made me laugh at times, very situational, and it has Megan Fox

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Promised Land - 5 out of 10. Started with high hopes due to the cast... then I woke up.

7. NewRoxFan

The Last Stand - 3 out of 10. And that is being generous. A-man... wow, that was really bad. Even my 14 year old was complaining. Can someone explain how a Camaro keeps up with a "1,000 horsepower 'vette"? Or how a 'vette flips a truck and survives a demolition derby? Um, aluminum and carbon fiber composite? And that 'vette was the best actor in the movie.

Oh yea, I give it an extra .5 point for Genesis Rodriguez... but then deduct it for not showing much of her.

#4127 NewRoxFan, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Rushmore 8/10 somehow had never seen it and saw that it was on hbogo so I decided to check it out. Well worth the hour and a half

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Now You See Me - 5.5/10

Fun movie with some cool scenes, but really confusing ending and not as clever as it tries to be. Still enjoyable, but forgettable.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Also extra points for it being filmed in Lamar high... and the lesser school across the street. Hache-Town reprezzeent!!

11. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

One of my top 20 all time favorites.

12. NewRoxFan

Gangster Squad - 8 out of 10. OK, I will admit a bias here, since gangster movies are one of my favorite genres. This one is effective, with a good cast (surprised by Brolin's performance and Penn eats up the scenery under lots of makeup), great cinematography and music. This and Django Unchained (spaghetti western) was probably my favorites of the year so far.

13. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Kept with the Wes Anderson again tonight with Moonrise Kingdom. Probably like 6.5/10. I liked it, but not anywhere near as much as Rushmore. I need to find somewhere to watch royal tenembaums

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Obviously I watch way too many movies:

1) Hope they serve beer in hell: 7/10 This was so wrong it was funny, situational yes, predictable, sure, but made me laugh

2) Star Trek 2: 8.25/10 I liked this as much as the first one. I liked the action, story and while they could have done more, I enjoyed it

3) Hangover III: 6.75/10 Last scene was awesome, and I did laugh on occasion as it was predictable, but for what it was, it served the purpose. I thought it was better than the 2nd one, but the first one will always be the best IMHO...

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

After Earth - 1 star out of 4

A complete waste of time and in no way clever or original. Will needs to put Jaden back in the sandbox where he belongs.

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I watched Jack Reacher like 3-4 weeks ago and liked it from what I remember (I rated it 7/10 on IMDB), but I don't actually remember a single thing from the movie.
    Like, I could not even tell you what the movie was about. I can't recall anything. :eek:

Also watched Cloud Atlas the other day. Enjoyed it very much. 8/10.

OK movies I recently watched to pass time on the plane or train (6/10s): Parker (the action flick with Jason Statham & J-Lo) and Jack the Giant Slayer (decent CGI, OK acting, OK script, so-so cast, missing the little extra, will do for the kids).

17. DreamRoxCoogFan

John Carter .003/10

can't believe I actually watched that entire movie. Absolutely terrible.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I read a lot of bad reviews for this movie, but I liked it; a solid 6.5/10 IMO. After seeing it I was surprised by how many people hated it. What didnt you like about it?

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Your Scientology programming is complete. Expect communications within the week.

1 person likes this.
  20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Same here. People have been trying to make the story a movie for about a hundred years.

Great story. Cast could have been better but I'm guessing most of budget went not effects which I liked.