1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. supdudes

supdudes Member

Just finished watching a string of "American" films

American Beauty- 7/10 - Not sure if I understood everything, but there certainly were many great moments. Don't really enjoy Spacey films alot, but this is one I'd watch more than once, if only to appreciate certain things I overlooked.

American History X- 8/10 - Again, at a loss on some themes, but overall the film spoke to me

American Pie (the orignal) - 6/10 - I lol'd

American Psycho - 8.5/10 - Very underrated film imo. One of Bale's better works (along with Empire of the Sun and the Prestige).

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched Young Bruce Lee a Hong Kong movie that came out last year about Bruce Lee coming of age in Hong Kong. 6/10

Very little Kung Fu and some very unsubtle homages to Bruce's later films but a beautifully shot movie that really makes you feel like you are in Hong Kong of the 1950's. Also the main actor really looks like Bruce Lee unlike the American made Dragon.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Whaaaat? I loved that movie. At times a little over the top, but otherwise pretty damn good.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 8/10 for me :)

Anyway, Gone Baby Gone 7/10

The Boston accent was pretty annoying and not necessarily my type of movie. Still a decent watch.

21 Jump Street 6/10

It was alright. Funny at times, but nothing too special.

Some great movies right here. Highly recommend all of them.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

prometheus 10.1/10

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

American Psycho - 8/10
    Great acting, in depth story/imagery.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Super 8 6/10

I thought the movie started out really well, but as it went on it got worse and worse. At some point (after an hour or so) it just got super silly. I'm not sure what could have been done differently as the movie sort of limited itself in the beginning, but I thought there was much more potential here.

Thor 7/10

I'm not familiar with the comics, so I'm not sure if the director tried to keep the story line and act of the characters similar to to the comic, but some of the stuff was just way over the top for my liking.
    Then again, I'm a sucker for love-stories with hot chicks and redeem storyline, so I somehow managed to enjoy this movie more than I probably should have.

Jeff, Who Lives at Home 6/10

This movie was like whatever. Not terrible, but not worth watching either IMO.

7. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Chronicle 7.5/10

Didn't expect it to be this good. Really enjoy this different takes on the super heroes. The special FX was pretty blotchy at time. Totally a huge nod to AKIRA.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Safety Not Required - 9.6/10

LOVED this movie, the cast is great

9. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Wrath of the Titans 4/10

I thought Jonathan Liebesman would at least make a better movie than Louis Leterrier POS remake of Clash of the Titans but I'm not surprise that it's just as worst. Where did they get that ugly kid that can't act from also? The Titans were much cooler in this movie especially the Cyclops and Kronos. Terrible directing, story, dialogues, acting and ect. What a ****ing waste of a wonderful and possibly a great franchise base on Greek Mythology sadly it was given to idiotic writers and directors.

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo(Finch version) 7/10

It was good and would have gotten a higher score(if there was no a Swedish version) but sadly it just rip off the look and even almost shots for shots of the Swedish version that I really enjoy. Totally a pointless remake like Let Me In.

Thelma And Louise 8/10

Finally got the blu ray and what a great classic by Ridley that's beautifully shot and acted.

Sunshine 7.5/10

Saw it again and too bad it's pretty underrated and underappreciated Sci-Fi movie. Such a beautifully shot movie that could have been a classic.

10. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Bernie- 8/10

Prometheus- 6.5/10

Indie Game the Movie- 9/10

Alien- 9.5/10

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance- 4/10

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Woman in Black - 6 out of 10. A pretty good Hammer horror movie, with the guy from the Harry Potter movies in an old-fashion ghost story with almost no gore and lots of visual scares.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Hangover II - I had exactly zero expectations for this movie (since I LOVED the 1st one), but wow......what a steaming pile of COW DUNG.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

saw this a couple weeks ago. A pretty cliche surprise horror flick, but it was done pretty well. Creepy overall feel.

Your Highness - 4/10 . I really wanted to like it and I'm typically a fan of silly comedy movies. A couple of really funny scenes but it's tough to get through at times.

Paul - 6.5/10. I'm a Simon & Nick fan and thought the movie was overall entertaining. Not as good as some of their others, but still solid. Some great cameos in it.

Predators - 6/10. Thought it started out real solid but kind of fell apart towards the end.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Everything Must Go - It was like a serious Old School spin-off showing what Frank the Tank was up to when he wasn't hanging out with Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson and that chubby curly red-haired dude that lived in my dorm in college. Pretty damn depressing. 7.1

15. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

The King's Speech - 9/10 - I know it won Best Picture but I still didn't really know what to expect. Ended up liking it a lot.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Crazy. Stupid. Love: 7.5/10, I liked this movie, not bad as I thought it would be

MIB 3: 7/10 Not as good as the first, but still pretty decent

Snow White and the Huntsman: 5/10 Visually was great, but the story was eh and I kept waiting for it to get better and it never did...

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Adventureland 10/10. It is not at all what I expected but it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

Cashback 8.5/10 A little weird, but overall a very good movie.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I saw That's My Boy the other day. I didn't expect anything at all and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's raunchy and stupid but I laughed throughout the movie. There's a twist near the end that had the whole theater gasp. Good time.

19. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Take Shelter 9.3 an awesome movie, with a fantastic ending
    Drive 9 Soundtrack, and the lighting were fantastic. i appreciate the attention to detail
    Battle in Heaven 7 a weird mexican film quite demented but strangely engaging
    Love & Other Drugs 7 an above average love story, far from notebook but not as bad as twilight

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Chronicle - Liked the story, hated the shaky camera BS. 6.5/10
    This Means War - Surprisingly much better than I anticipated. 7/10
    The Grey - Eh... at least it didn't get all cliched on you. 6/10
    Red Tails - WTF? Was this movie made in the 80's? Sure seemed like it. 5/10
    Contraband - Didn't work for me. I can't even remember much of it now. 6/10

#3280 CometsWin, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012