1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - 9/10

I loved this film. Several outstanding British actors, and several outstanding Indian actors, help a heck of a lot to bring an unusual script to life. Retirement age Britons discover that they can't afford to be retired at home, so they each answer an online ad for a retirement hotel in Jaipur, India, that sounds fantastic. After they get there, the fun begins. Perhaps my love for this flick is influenced by how much the scenes in India remind me of Bangalore in the mid-'60's, when I spent almost two months there. In fact, I know it does, but you should still see it. Highly recommended.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I saw this last week and thought it was Black's finest roles ever. He has such range as an actor but he sometimes comes out with utter crap (year one for example)

I would give it a solid 8.5/10 for sure I thought the film overall was very well done mixing in the documentary aspect of the true story with the slightly fictional retelling of the life of Bernie Tiede.

Men in Black 3 - 7/10

I thought the 3D was well done for this film (glad to see that Hollywood is making 3D films look good only way to justify the added cost some of the original 3D films were terrible in their 3D look)

the movie was entertaining Brolin did a great job as young agent K. It was a lot better than two, not as good as the original but I think it was still very solid considering that it has been a while since the second one came out.

3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Pushing Tin -- 8/10

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6yfb_usoubg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Saw Dark Shadows... It was as bad a movie as I've seen in a while. Hardly any of he comedy worked at all. It was just shockingly bad for the cast that was in it.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Saw MiB3 last night. I give it a 7/10. If you liked either of the others, you'll enjoy this one.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I Am You (In Her Skin): 5/10. An Australian movie. A true story. Not very well done.

Hugo: 8.5/10. Great movie, esp for the family.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol: 8/10. Not bad for a Tom Cruise movie.

Coriolanus: 8.5/10. Very different. You have to watch it to see what I mean.

Drive: 8/10. As someone else already said, I liked it but don't understand why the critics rated it so highly.

Chronicle: 7/10. Another one that didn't live up to what the critics said.

8. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

I just saw the dictator. 7/10. I realize how much I miss the non potty comedies of the 80's. Like national lampoon holidays, caddy shack, back to the future... i guess dumb and dumber started something and ever modern comedy seems to chasing it.

9. Kyakko

Other great non potty comedy of the 80s. Goonies, back to school, weekend at bernies, feris buler. If you were born in the 90's go watch them on netflicks.

10. Kyakko

Oh... almost forgot cannon ball run... greatest comedy movie ever.

11. blink

blink Contributing Member

this.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

No Country For Old Men - 2/10

What's so special about this movie? Everyone said this movie was really good... I don't get it. The only cool thing about this movie was the air gun the dude used.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Prometheus - 9/10

Very well done. Ties into Alien, but not necessary to have watched Alien to enjoy Prometheus. Leaves you wanting more answers

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dont read one of my favorite books blood meridian then. same author :(

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Madagascar 3.

Arguably the best one out of all 3.

9/10.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Saw it with the SO Saturday night and also rate it a 9/10.

We both commented afterwards that we had zero desire to spend our retirement years in India ;)

1 person likes this.
  17. Jamers

Jamers Member

Confessions II (japanese movie)

My new favorite movie. Very well done 9.5/10

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Man on a Ledge - 5 out of 10. Saw on DVD last night. The star of the movie was the ledge, and the ledge was a really good actor. Unfortunately, the rest of the cast didn't quite raise their game to the ledge's level (I was really surprised and disappointed with Ed Harris' performance... usually he is better than in this one). Jamie Bell and Genesis Rodriguez were both good in their parts (Genesis steals the movie... reminded me of Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinnie). The extras on the DVD... a pretty lame voiceover on the trailer by Elizabeth Banks and a really good bio of the ledge.

19. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

here's the last few..

Jeff Who Lives At Home - 8/10 (awesome movie.. thought I was going to fall asleep but watched the whole thing)
    Ozombie - 4/10 (osama turns into a zombie.. yeah really. lol)
    Coriolanus - 5/10 ("for this day I bequeath thee.." those kinds of words should never be uttered by a mercenary in tactical battle gear) lol

20. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Clue - 8/10

Inception (finally!) - 9/10