1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

CCR, how in the heck do you have the time to watch all these movies? I see sometimes you post two times in the same day in this thread. Do you actually watch these movies the same day/night or is this just stuff you have seen over time?

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Shakes The Clown - 2 out of 10. Not enough beer in the world to make this movie funny - and believe me, I tried. Besides LaWanda 'Aunt Ester' Page's lines, the movie was a steamy warmed over pile of fily-infested cow manure.

Blackhawk Down - 9 out of 10. I know I'm late to the party on this one, but man that was a powerful movie. I was pretty much speechless for about an hour after it was over. A fitting tribute to those brave men for what they went through.

3. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

The Onion Movie - I enjoyed most parts of it, some were kinda meh... 6.5/10

Extreme Movie - Stupid, pointless, very played out. 3/10

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Grandma's Boy - The first time I watched it 6/10. The second time I watched it 9/10. There was something about watching it the 2nd time after getting to know that characters that made this hilarious and made me realize how much of the subtle comedic lines I missed the first time. I want to watch it again LOL.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

that movie is all kinds of awesomeness. i never thought anything with josh hartnett could be that good, but i can watch that movie over and over. one day i will watch it on blue ray in all it's HD glory, and love it even more.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thats the first blu-ray I ever watched.

I found it in a blu-ray player I was testing at my old job, so I kept it.

It looks great.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Vicky Cristina Barcellona (4 outta 5 stars) - great dialogue, nifty little story, and I can respect the desire to be in a threesome with Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansenn. The "uptight" gal isnt bad, either.

8. Landlord Landry

kind of how I felt, same could be said about Pineapple Express.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Movies are posted as I watch them. Since I got Netflix I've been on a pretty constant movie binge. I'll usually watch one on nights that the Rockets aren't playing, which has been often the last couple of weeks. I'm sure I'll slow down at some point though.

10. ClutchCityReturns

Actually, I watched the special features last night and they spoke a lot about Dingler. He was an eternal optimist, even in the face of death and saw every friend or foe as an individual first, which explains why he would often smile at the Laotians. Again, a little "different" than most people, but I think the answer to your question is that Bale was acting that way intentionally.

11. engr chris

engr chris Member

Gran Torino - Good movie. I like Clint Eastwood. He acted very well in this movie. 9/10

12. ClutchCityReturns

Transsiberian (73%) - Starts out a little sluggish for my taste, but eventually picks up and becomes a fairly respectable suspense flick with a satisfying ending. I think it really would have benefited from having the opening act trimmed down by several minutes.

Spellbound (77%) - An interesting look into the lives of 8 contestants in the 1999 national spelling bee. It's pretty sad how long some of the kids spent studying for the competition (8 hours a day for one girl), although I was surprised to see that none of the parents seemed to be forcing the issue (like we tend to see with beauty pageants). All in all, an entertaining documentary but nothing too amazing.

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - I had watched it as a kid and barely remembered. Excellent movie - 90%

14. ClutchCityReturns

I Love You, Man (80%) - Saw this tonight at a free early screening and was pleasantly surprised. If you like Paul Rudd you'll probably like the movie a lot. It didn't rely on too much juvenile, gross out humor, but was full of laughs. The one black mark against it is that it gets a little too serious for its own good near the end, which is the case with almost every comedy that has a romantic relationship at the center of the plot. Recommended for sure, but I wasn't totally crazy about it.

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I agree, it starts off too slowly. There are several suspenseful moments though, and I thought Ben Kingsley was quite good. 7/10.

Resident Evil: Extinction Watched it on Netflix stream. Expected it to be bad, and it met my expectations. Any time you have a horror/action movie with Mike Epps and Ashanti in it...well, at least they provide some unintentional comedy. 3/10.

16. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I watched "What Just Happened" last night. It's a "Inside Hollywood" movie based on a book by producer Art Linson. The book was very good. The movie was the opposite.

I would give it maybe a 1 out of 10.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

thanks for the heads up...was about to rent that.

18. ClutchCityReturns

Bigger, Stronger, Faster* (90%) - This is a great documentary, delving deep into the motives behind the use and the vilification of steroids in America. As someone who is against steroid use by athletes, I was surprised at just how well an argument was presented for the opposite viewpoint. It didn't change my stance, but definitely opened my eyes. Just an overall entertaining and effective documentary.

19. ClutchCityReturns

Braveheart (90%) - Yeah, I just watched it for the first time tonight. Since I'm sure most everyone has seen it, I'll save the details and just say that I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yeah, that one was awesome. I personally have nothing against steroids, hgh or testosterone supplements. It only bothers me in professional and college sports. I would be open to using any of it for my own personal use.