1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Very much so, the overall idea is much better than the execution, still an enjoyable film though.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. Nero

Nero Member

It would be interesting hearing peoples' interpretations of exactly who and what this movie is satirizing as well.

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Saw the new Karate Kid... the fighting definitely trumps the original. Jackie Chan brings his own style to the mentor role that separates itself from Pat Morita's interpretation; a good thing. The locations are beautiful. But the acting and story fall painfully short. Jaden Smith was tough to endure at times.

5/10

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Special - With Mike Rappaport. 4/10. kind of long and boring.

Rocket River

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Saw The Adjustment Bureau a couple of days ago and really liked it. I'll give it a 7.5, maybe even an 8, but I'm a sucker for films based on the writing of Philip K. Dick. I can't imagine why. ;-)- While it goes off the reservation compared to the short story it's based on ( as do most of the flicks based on Dick's body of work), the cast all give terrific performances, and the romantic thriller is filled with both excitement and romance. Yes, Matt Damon nails a romantic lead, believe it, or not. Emily Blunt is sexy as hell, while acting her socks off. Man, I wish she'd let me take off those socks!

7. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Robin Hood 2010. 7/10. I did enjoy this take on Robin Hood. I thought it was a little interesting and original. Not really fond of Cate Blanchett and some other characters in this movie. Wasn't big on the Lord of The Flies children. I might have to check out the director's cut since his DC are always better.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Movies with the kids:

Furry Vengence: 4/10 (Brenden fraiser still can't act)

Marmaduke: 4/10 (kind of dumb)

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Battle LA - D - Watch Black Hawk Down and pretend they are fighting aliens you'll get the same effect....

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

"127 Hours" : rating 7/10 ... Not bad, but not my cup of tea. I still can't believe anyone would be able to stay conscious, while literally trying to brake and saw their arm off, yikes.. :eek:

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Battle LA: 6.5/10 - It didn't live up to the hype for me. There was good action scenes, but just not the type of movie I was expecting.

The Last three days - We rented this last night, I really enjoyed it. Held my interest the entire time. 9/10

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I just saw Grave of the Fireflies again

9/10 - Still the only cartoon that has brought tears to my eyes. Anyone know of any other cartoon/animations that's just as good?

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Not really a movie but an animated short if you're looking for the same kind of reaction.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uX0Dvtvev1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

127 Hours - 8/10
    The Fighter - 9/10

Superb performances in these movies. 127 Hours was intense but also very uplifting. Amputation scene was incredible.

The Fighter was ridiculous, Bale was insane as the crackhead brother. Melissa Leo and Amy Adams were also great.

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Exit Through the Gift Shop- 9/10

Going to be watching the Fighter today

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Rango 7/10. Not what I expected. Thought it was going to be another kiddie movie. Wished the story/plot could be more interesting. This is what Robert Zemeckis should have done instead of all his failure/creepy Mars Needs Moms(producer), A Christmas Carol and The Polar Express.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

No, what Zemeckis should have done was not waste his time on 3D animation at all!

18. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Agreed but Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a classic. The man is just experimenting with 3D animation and I don't think he fully understand how to approach it. Trying to make cartoon realistic is a recipe for failure. But thanks in part to him we are getting Tintin as 3D animation like it should. He should do a sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit because this how he should be using his 3D animation.

19. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

The Fighter- 8/10

Great performances, and film itself was entertaining, but didn't blow me away overall.

Of the oscar best picture noms I've watched
    1. Toy Story 3 (yes I stand by this)
    2. The Social Network
    3. Black Swan
    4. Kings Speech
    5. Inception
    6. The Fighter
    7. True Grit
    8. 127 Hours

All were good though. Specially the top 5, not much separation between those.

20. Beavis

Beavis Member

"Little Children" I rate it a 10.Loved it.But not for the kids. One guy goes on a date and smiles and friendly,then she takes him home and he starts..............in the car while she is talking to him. Youll have to watch it to find out.