1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the Bobby Jackson and Donte Greene Trade now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 17, 2009.

?

Would you do this trade again?

1. Yes - Ron Artest was worth it

99.0%
  2. No - Greene and Jackson were not worth it

1.0%
  1. Dei

Dei Member

2. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Wow, 128 to 0 so far.

Who said they wanted to redo the trade? Greene has proven nothing to the Kings this year, and Jackson, although a great PG in his day, is washed up now.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine if the Lakers got Artest for a 2nd rounder like we gave up.

Yeah, All those Ron Haters would REALLY have a reason to hate him.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

ok, I don't really see the point of bringing this up.

but it gets an A+ plus plus from me.

greatest trade of the year by Morey.

thers nothing wrong at all and all goodness with the trade. No Artest would have meant no all-defensive reputation we are getting right now as a hardworking team with character and heart and a defensive-minded team backed up by two of the best perimetre defenders in the league in Artest and Battier...

without Artest I couldnt see us getting past the first round since we have no T-Mac either!!!

man we need Artest and we need to resign him!!! In this economic he shouldn't be getting a payrise in any fashion.

this trade is the best trade of the year morey was able to do from a few assets that would've meant little to us right now as a playoff team. I mean I don't know if the Tmac for Billups rumors were true or if we could have gotten Mo Williams but Artest was a great acquisition that I was hoping for for all of the past two years and obviously its paid off...look at where we are now and imagine where we would be without him.

Artest's defensive prowess and reputation brought the manliness and muscle back into the team!! yeah!!! he is the physical rough get-in-ur-face defender and shane is the high-iq finesse silicon chip defensive power.

His offense pretty much is never good when its ur team's first option but for a second or third option its not bad esp with all the capable role players on our team.

Great trade by Morey...lol I think I've said that 10 times now in this post
    AWESOME TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it even a controversial point???

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

oh and we resign bjax in the offseason for the vets min and its greene and this year's draft pick which is ultra weak for artest...not bad

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

lol, one Kings fan (im assuming he's a Kings fan based on his username) doesn't like the trade :D

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The trade was worth it, signing Ron long term is not worth it.

DD

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Some of the fans have forgotten who Greene was in only 4-5 months. I doubt many will remember him, by then.

9. tfvic

tfvic Member

dude listen! where the hell are donte green and booby jackson now? the were scrubs, and they would not have made our lineup!

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Bobby Jackson = love & frustration like last year, bigger Brooks with less speed basically. Old!

Donte Green = rookie chucker who didn't even shoot well in college. Can't even make a place for himself on the Queens lineup.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

how come no one has mentioned the first rounder yet???

depends on how the first rounder pans out.

but now with this weak draft the trade was awesome for us. pretty good for the kings too

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

The trade was worth it but I would have traded him before the deadline. Either way as long as we don't give him a redonkulously huge paycheck now or if he can be a good part of a sign and trade for something we can use like a real back up bigman. I am all for it.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

B+, the only reason I did not say A because we didn't win a Championship which isn't Ron's fault.

I hope we bring him back next year. I like how he taught Wafer.

14. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly what I thought but what two idiots thought this was a bad trade ? :confused:

15. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Ever since this trade, I started to believe in Morey and never looked back.
    8 years and counting, may the championship finally arrive in Houston soon to reward this man.

[​IMG]