1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate Texans #1 Pick JJ Watt

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big MAK, Apr 28, 2011.

?

Grade

1. A

123 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. B

84 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. C

40 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. D

20 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. E

29 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. ABforPresident

1st of all Bowers is supposed to go number 20 to the bucs...

2nd of all Ive been paying atention to the draft every day for the last 3 weeks...

and 3rd of all The only reason his stock fell was because of a "possible knee injury" that all medical staffs have claimed to not be a big deal at all...he was a top rated prospect for the whole year and im not going to let a non-issue knee injury change my opinion

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

What hate most is that the Texans will be watching Robert Quinn, Nick Fairly and Prince Amukamaru succeed on other teams :(

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Can you not read? Where exactly does it say most likely the Chargers at 18? They were an option, if he got past the first three. He didn't.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't know anything about these college players, but I do remember the Demeco Ryans pick getting blasted on this board and we know how that turned out.

Maybe it was a good pick, maybe it wasn't but let's not act like anyone available at pick 11 is a sure fire pro bowler.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You forgot to mention the run on QB's that wasn't expected on those mocks homie!

That would easily place Watt outside of 13!

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I actually think Watt is a solid player, but I'm so tempted to rag on him to troll Cat.

1 person likes this.
  7. MONON

MONON Member

Watt is good enough to play DE in the 3-4 & I think he's fast enough to play OLB in the 3-4 also.

8. The Cat

All medical staffs have claimed it isn't a big deal, yet there's only a few teams that may consider taking him in the first round?

What's really funny - you've been paying attention to the draft every day for the past three weeks? Is that supposed to be an accomplishment? Scouting for the draft is something that takes hours upon hours for months and months - it's truly a 24/7/365 job. For the guys that do this for a living, their work for the 2012 draft starts this Sunday. Yet you've glazed over a couple of reports and YouTube clips in the past couple weeks and are an expert?

I'll say it again, for the record - if I were making the pick, I wouldn't have taken Watt, either. The difference is, I know I'm not an expert, and I'm not going to jump off the ledge and throw a temper-tantrum over a pick I'm not qualified to know that much about.

9. ABforPresident

Hey Cat...Did i just see Bowers as the overall number 6 on Kiper's board??? yes i did!

WIll be a far better player than JJ Watt..just watch.

And also whats up with you trying so hard to backup everyone the Texans like? First Aldon, now JJ?

10. le081488

le081488 Member

fine with the pick

if we traded back. We could have got him later and at least picked up a 2nd round pick.

11. The Cat

Oh wow, one whole QB went in the top 10 that wasn't supposed to. One whole player. The horror!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The Cat = BimaThug's annoying kid brother

1 person likes this.
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

LOL, another reason not to watch the Texans this season, come on, so many better options out there and you pick that guy, what a horrible pick.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Exactly...I am cool with the pick but, just like last year, you could have moved back and picked up an extra pick but were to afraid to pull the trigger.

15. ABforPresident

I never said i was an expert either?? All i know is the Texans have been complete garbage over the years in the draft and they pissed me off by not trading up for a stud like Miller or Peterson..

Then they go and pick a player at a position where we have NFL started quality at when the guys that fill our needs and everyone was hoping to be there is still there..

16. The Cat

Now I'm the Texans homer? LOL. All of last season I was blasted on this board for being Mr. Negativity.

It's not about defending the Texans. It's simply about using common sense. The amount of analysis that goes into properly scouting football players and predicting what they will do at the NFL level is extraordinary. As fans, we have about 0.1% of the info that these teams do. Yes, there are big boards from scouts, and in general they're an OK guide. If your team picks a player in the 30s or 40s at 11, maybe concern is justified.

But to throw a hissy fit and jump off the ledge because a guy you've maybe seen one highlight clip of and was ranked maybe one or two spots lower than another is just silly. Again, I wouldn't have taken Watt either, based on what I know. The difference is, I fully acknowledge that what I know isn't a lot, and I'm willing to watch him play before I get worked up.

1 person likes this.
  17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Jason Babin Part II

18. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

B. Safe pick on a player that is rotation ready. Sounds like they plan on moving Mario, Smith and Watt around a lot between OLB/DE/NT. Could cause some confusion. Definitely could have moved back but who knows if anyone wanted the pick.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I picked C because the crowd didn't sound to happy about the pick.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

according to cat this is a great pick and you're an idiot who doesn't know **** about football b/c you don't work in the texans front office who clearly had him as the BPA and therefore was the BPA b/c the texans really, really, really know defensive talent when they see it.

right, cat?

3 people like this.