1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rashad Evnans & Quiton "Rampage" Jackson to coach season 10 of Ultimate Fightert

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FLAGRANT1, May 28, 2009.

1. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Should be pretty entertaining.........

The Ultimate Fighter 10 finale will be Dec. 5. Jackson will fight Evans later in December.

That would give Jackson more than nine months between fights.

“To be honest, I’ve been wanting to sharpen up on some of my skills,” Jackson said. “I’ve wanted to get my wrestling back up to par, and my ground game. This gives me time to continue to heal up. I fought really hard for two fights.

“I trained really hard for the Wanderlei (Silva) fight (at UFC 92 in December) and then I went right into training for Jardine. This will give me time to be with my kids and sharpen up my skills. I’m doing this (because) this is my job, my life. I want to put my best foot forward and I want to be the best champion who ever lived.”

Season 10 will mark Evans’ second appearance on the show, but his first as a coach. Evans, who lost his championship when he was knocked out by Machida on Saturday in the main event of UFC 98, won the heavyweight title on Season 2.

The show will help make the men even bigger stars than they’ve already become. White said there is a direct corrolation between a fighter’s appearance on TUF and his popularity, in terms of selling tickets, pay-per-views and merchandise.

“There’s no doubt about it,” White said of the show’s ability to increase a fighter’s marketability. “Let me put it to you this way. In 2006, Rashad Evans was a security guard in Detroit, Michigan. If that doesn’t give you enough ⦠He headlined a pay-per-view last Saturday that did very well.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...nYcB?slug=ki-tuften052809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

That's good news. So the winner of their fight faces Machida? I guess that means we won't see Machida fight for a while now. It's good news for fans because this season absolutely sucks, but why would Jackson pass up a title shot just to fight Evans?

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

jackson coaching a team again? has any fighter been a coach 2x on ultimate fighter before?

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Season #
    1- Couture and Liddell
    2- Franklin and Hughes
    3- Shamrock and Ortiz
    4- No Coaches just trainers (season had UFC vets)
    5- Pulver and Penn
    6- Serra and Hughes
    7- Griffin and Jackson
    8- Nogueira and Mir
    9- Bisping and Henderson

So to answer your question, Matt Hughes is the only person to coach twice so far. If Rich Frankilin would have beat Dan Henderson in their last fight, he would have been the coach this season, which would have been two for him, but he lost! Now I guess you can add Q. Jackson to the list.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This should be an interesting fight - both are good stand-up fighters. The "knockout/knockdown via haymaker" potential could be very huge in this one. :D

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This will make for great TV, and will generate good PPV numbers. That being said, this is a terrible fight for Rashad IMO. After getting beat like that a tune-up against a guy like Jardine would have been the best bet. Rampage is better at almost everything then Rashad. I'd give a slight edge to Rashad on the ground since we have yet to see a good ground game out of Page since the Henderson fight. I see this ending in a KO for Rampage in the 2nd.

7. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Dumb move by Jackson. He is passing up a shot at the belt to coach and fight Evans? When Evans beats him, he will get pushed down in the LHW rankings and might not even get another shot at the belt. Right now he is the number one contender for Machida, and he deserves the shot at him and to pass it up is just dumb.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=4223959

I will not miss an episode.

9. Asian Sensation

^^^^

Wow that's some big news. I too will be tuning in. Some people just have an aura/presence about them. Kimbo is one of them.

10. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I just read Kimbo Slice will be one of the fighters I bet Rampage will just love him. :D

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Machida is fighting Mauricio "Shogun" Rua before Rampage assuming he retains his belt.

His fighting style walks right into Machida's hands and he's been less than impressive in UFC unless you count that Liddell KO that everyone seems to be doing lately. However if Shogun can come back to form like in Pride he would be a great opponent. Ashame they don't allow stomps or soccer kicks in UFC though.

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3517585&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3517585&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/3517585">Mauricio "Shogun" Rua highlight by RVR</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1401988">john</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

12. King1

Shogun is finally healthy. If he can keep his cardio up, this could be an interesting fight. While I enjoyed the PRIDE days, if they allowed soccer kicks and head stomps in the UFC, they wouldn't be licensed anywhere.

13. Legend Killer

Machida is going to rip Shogun Rua to shreds. Shogun's past two victories are deceiving because he beat two over the hill fighters. Machida is on the top of his game and will have no problems in disposing of Shogun. Dana wants someone to be the face of the LHW division, like GSP, Silva, and BJ are for their respective weight classes, and putting him up against Shogun will assure a successful title defense for the LHW champion. Which hasn't been seen in a while in that weight class.

Kimbo is a joke. He wont win one fight in TUF

14. King1

His loss to Forrest was as well. He was coming off a major knee injury and completely gassed in the second round.

15. Legend Killer

Evans has said he will never fight Jardine. Thats his training partner and his good friend. I think Shogun would have been a better fight for Rashad, beat him and get another shot at the title when Machida beats Rampage, but Rampage chose Evans instead of Machida, so that doesn't matter anymore.
    In the Evans v Rampage fight, I see Evans by KO in the second round.

16. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Shogun was a frightening mofo in Pride, I doubt that he has declined so much at such a young age. I'll chalk it up to injuries. If he's really healthy, he can give Machida a hell of a fight.

17. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I wouldn't count Shogun out just yet against Machida. If he comes in healthy and in shape he could pose huge threats. He's very well rounded. This should be a great even fight. Might have to give the edge to Machida but don't count Shogun out.

Kimbo Slice on TUF is freaking awesome! I am the farthest from a fan of his, and I think he is a complete joke as an MMA fighter but to see him on TUF would be hilariously entertaining. Him, Rampage Jackson and Rashad Evans is going to be one entertaining season. I love Dana White, he always gives us what we want to see (except Fedor).

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Considering how Dana White feels about Kimbo I wonder if he will make sure Kimbo fights (and he will lose) quickly on TUF just to prove a point about Kimbo's skills or if they will script the show to keep him around a while for the sake of ratings?

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I couldn't agree more. This is going to be fun. I get the feeling this could be one of the crazier seasons of TUF... well, I hope so anyway. :D

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

how awesome would it be if kimbo gets in a fight with another fighter in the TUF house...he can go all youtube street fight like he used too

actually i'm certain it will probably happen. i can easily see a few of the TUF fighters mocking kimbo for his youtube street fighting and him getting pissed. oh man i'm def watching