1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors have told Cavs they would do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moali85, Jul 6, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Cmon Bosh, get it over with already. Lets stop playing games. If Bosh just comes out and says he only wants to be in Houston this thing can be done!

2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Toronto's just doing the smart thing, doing what any team (except maybe the stupidest) would be doing under the circumstances. They're trying to maximize what they get back for their best player. I have a gut feeling that Morey actually did a pretty good job selling Bosh on Houston, buy appealing to his ego and convincing him he deserves the max and not a penny less. I'd guess Bosh would be amenable to a sign-and-trade with Houston, and would like to play alongside Yao. Toronto probably knows this, and wants to extract everything it can from Houston, or maybe even unload a contract on Houston. Morey probably knows Bosh would like to come to Houston and with that in mind is playing hardball. Toronto's expressing interest in a S&T with Cleveland is a powerful move on their part, because it would entice Bosh with the possibility of playing with James and receiving the max. That combination is going to be hard for Houston to compete with. I really believe Bosh is has decided he'd like to play in Houston, but I'm still not totally confident that will happen because there are so many other alluring possibilities for him.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

from Yahoo's latest buzz:

while the buzz article doesnt mention Houston the things I bolded are the most relevant in my opinion

all the news of him going to miami or chicago right now is just hot air unless Chris decides to sign outright which is very unlikely.

also while initial reports said that the Raptors valued the TPE higher than picks and players it nows seems (and more logical as I argued) the the raptors want a combination of young talent and picks.

the longer toronto feels neglected the better it becomes for houston IMO

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sweet. I was a bit worried about the trade exception part of the package.

We can offer them young talent and draft picks!!

5. houston2009

houston2009 New Member

well looks like Toronto is just focusing on the Teams that Wade or Lebron might be going to. They are thinking the Bosh will follow them so are focusing their S & T attention to those teams. The good thing on the article is that Bosh has not mentioned any teams that he prefers to go to which im guessing
    that he will eventually tell them that Houston is a possibilty he would like to play for.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think he's going to wait and see if LeBron chooses Chicago. If he stays in Cleveland, he probably will join Wade. If LeBron goes to Chicago, that's where he goes.

7. ThaShark316_28

Telling y'all now...Wade to NY. I got a hunch here, dammit!

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I'm sure it has been said in this thread already, but if Houston is indeed still a player in this, it sounds like Colangelo is trying to get Daryl to panic and offer a better S&T package.

But, I'm still thinking we are out of it. It makes too much sense for him to come here, I just feel more people would be mentioning us. But, no one mentioned us in Kevin Martin rumors either. So, I'll try to be optimistic for now.

9. worzel gummidge

Varejao would have to be the "centre piece" in a Cavs trade package, no?

Yet according to another poster ESPN reported that Toronto wants:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5416326&postcount=263

Brooks, Battier, and both NY picks.

There goes the idea Raqptors have no leverage.

I'm annoyed. Morey should play hardball even if it costs the Rockets Bosh.

One out of Patterson/Hill + future lottery protected 1stR pick + filler.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This SNT is the worst one. Well Deng package is worse from Chicago. What do the Raptors and Bosh hate Houston or is our GM being blacklisted by the league or something? Its almost like we have the plague and everyone is avoiding us. Thats fine if he goes to Cleveland. I like Lebron and Clevelands like Houston town searching for a Championship. I feel for that city always coming up short so if they get a Championship that would be nice to watch. I dont feel we get the deal done so I am not waisting anymore of my energy worrying about it. Its obvious Bosh hates Houston. He really doesnt want to play here. I mean reallly really doesnt. Thats what ll of this tells me. I dont want people here who dont like our city.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

and no to the Brooks Battier and picks request from them. Absolutely not. How about they get Varejuo and watch crazy hair flop for the next couple of years into oblivion as a franchise? Until they get moved to somewhere useful like Seattle as a team? Seattle needs a team and Toronto is a horrible NBA town that doesnt know anything about basketball in the front office. They will be in cellar for many many years.

12. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

Amen, city and team over any player.

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Cept T-Mac :D

14. worzel gummidge

Except for the rumor from the previous season where Kings beat writers reported the Rockets were trying to deal McGrady for Martin before T-Mac announced his surgery.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

lol calm down.

Are some of you guys new to all this FA/Trade Deadline stuff? A lot of things are said and reported, hell some things are just reported without being said..

1 person likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Hello Chris, the part of your new best friend will be played by HEDO . . cause where ever you go . . . You taking his bad contract with you!" - Toronto

Rocket River

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They have leverage because of Bosh's arrogance.

It's now a biding war and to be honest AB, Shane, Jeffries and picks a decent price to pay.

We'd have to be able to keep our young guys (Hill,Chase,Pat Pat). I'd be fine with Lowry Starting and Scola as the Ultra sixth man.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Heck no. Brooks? Thats way too much. Broks is the reason we beat the Lakers or almost beat them in every game because he torches Fisher all the time. They cant even keep Fisher in the game on him because he start to light him up so bad. The whole reason we wanted to get Bosh was to pair him with Brooks, Martin and Yao. If we dont get that lineup in tact? Might as well ask them for their starting point guard also in return to help us out for losing Brooks. So if its Bosh and Calderon? Then sure that a good deal for Brooks, Battier and picks. They are gonna get Varejuo anyways. Look like idiots for years. LOL! Take Varejuo. I am glad I am not a Raptors fan. I go from Bosh to Varejuo as the highlight of trade package for him. Lots of falling down in the paint instead of dunking. Gonna be real fun for those guys down there watching all that hair flop around. :grin:

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Why didn't Morey come out with a NEW offer..."You can have ALL of our NY picks + this year and Jordan Hill."

We're going all in. I am sure this deal can not be matched. First of all, why the hell the Raptors want someone like Verajao and think he's valuable...dude is SORRRRY!!

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I know they'd love to trade Calderon's ugly contract.

You'd be surprised how much love Flopajuo get in the the league. Chuck does just as much for 1/5 of the cost and get's little respect.

Fisher is on his way out of LA so we cant decide to keep a player based on 1 favorable matchup with an aging PG.