1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors have told Cavs they would do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moali85, Jul 6, 2010.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go back to Cleveland... Cleveland...

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Per Twitter: "Raptors have told Utah, Olympiakos, and the YMCA down the street from me they would do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh."

1 person likes this.
  3. Raven

Raven Member

I'll tell you what this means. It means Bosh wants max and to hell with everything else. Toronto is saying - OK, OK, let us work the phones and see what we can come up with.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Varejao and Z can hold down the C spot. I don't see how that's a big concern. There aren't a whole lot of guys on the market better than those 2.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

WHO TWITTERED THIS????? SOURSESSS!!!

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Except Varejao is included in the trade

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

It's reported Varejao would be in the package, so I don't think "Z" holding it down solo will convince Bosh.

8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

If this report is true, then I'll have to agree with this sentiment.

9. Sooner423

I see. Where's the rumored trade?

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

You would have to think Cleveland is on the phone begging Toronto to take a S&T package for Bosh to help seal the deal that Lebron re-signs in Cleveland.

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

@Sooner423 ^^^I'd agree. Though for the sake of argument Z is a FA(which yes, likely would/could be re-signed) and (at least according to Broussard who threw out a package said) Varejao could be included in a package for Bosh. But like I said, I tend to agree with what you said.

Edit: Looks like a few others beat me to the punch. But what they said. :)

13. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

i like the fact that the cavs fans will have their hearts broken twice this offseason.

14. realmustang

realmustang Member

I believe Biz Z is a free agent.

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Can u say "drive the price up"?

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Source:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

Summary:
    Bosh is cold to the idea of getting traded to Cleveland, but its the only location Toronto is interested in doing a sign and trade with.

Bosh told Toronto he prefers NJ, Chicago, or Miami, but none of them have players of interest to Toronto.

In a sign-and-trade Bosh can get $29 mil more than he would otherwise and he's determined to get it.

Assuming all the above is true, the cards are truly in Toronto's hand. They can wait for the deal they like and call the bluff of other teams by demanding more and more until they essentially max out Bosh's value by depleting the core of any team willing to deal for Bosh.

Once they get enough in return, they trade Bosh and for Bosh that's the only way he gets the type of money he wants. To that end, it appears that the idea of him simply signing as a FA with any team is out of the question.

It also appears that Houston is not even in the discussion, but as we all know, reports seem to be changing by the minute these days.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

This is good news for the Rockets, though. It means Lebron is staying in Cleveland, if he is trying to convince Bosh to come over. No Lebron in NY! We have his final decision.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I am assuming they mean "Players those teams will offer that Toronto wants" because in all honesty all the Cav's assets are horrible.

Varejao, West, Williams, Boobie?? They okay players, but none fit with the current players Toronto has. Hickson is okay, but most likely as a rotation player not a starter, and he does not fit well next to Bargnani, since he is he not a true Center. Plus if they have Lebron & Bosh, their draft picks are among the most worthless picks because you have to give guaranteed money to a # 28-30 pick instead of un-guaranteed contract to say the #31 pick.

If anything I would think the Nets or Bulls have more to offer the Raptors that they may be willing to give up.

I call BS on this report because Colangelo is smarter than that.

19. Sooner423

Makes no sense... Why are they so open to trading him within the conference and not to Houston? This is a total bluff.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is the deal breaker ladies.

Bosh would get lost in the small market that is Cleveland and he won't like that.