1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptor or Bucks better equipped to dethrone Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mastan, May 13, 2019.

1. igotwhipscollectingdust

Rockets never had a chance

mastan likes this.
  2. izeroi

izeroi Member

I think Bucks would give them a more difficult time than the Raptors, but could just be a toss up.

Either way...I'm ok with any team winning besides them (Warriors).

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Last year GSW wasn’t playing at their best, weren’t really hungry, we were playing our best. Got injured.

It was all based on a small delusion, Dray beefed with KD and Kerr too.

4. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

People are STILL sleeping on the Bucks at THIS stage?

The Celtics despite their chemistry and locker room issues were a good team with a roster that had the talent to make things difficult for MIL. They DEMOLISHED THEM. Without their 50/40/90 2-guard.

This Milw team reminds me of the 2014-15 GSW. They have HCA. They absolutely can knock GSW off with or without Durant.

AXG, hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  5. AXG

AXG Member

Milwaukee, hands down: better defense and have more shooters around Giannis

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

I say Bucks have more tools but they have never been to the finals.

It's a whole different ball game in the finals in terms of pressure, media presence, and preparation. The Warriors have gone through this a billion times and know what to expect. Hopefully the coaching staff for the Bucks will be ready to prep their players for the Finals otherwise they can be down 2-0 in a heart beat trying to gather themselves.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

If it isn’t the Rockets I want warriors winning every year. I’m that selfish.

rfrocket and J Sizzle like this.
  8. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I actually probably would "in a lesser of all evils kind of way" just as soon see the worriers win it all and for the same pettiness reason(s).

I most of all don't want to see Dame "quarter" win a 'chip ever since he beat "Portions" to eliminate us a few years back.

Have rooted against Kawhi ever since the spers days, and the better he gets it makes us look that much more foolish for not drafting him way back when.

Even Giannis I guess because he is Harden's main comp for MVP awards now (although Durant going to NY or somewhere else may change that next year).
    Plus it's like he has soooo much talent.....7ft really long, athletic, and now that he has the euro-step thing down it's almost unfair.
    Like people rooting against Shaq back in the day.

I am really curious to see if Kawhi or donkey can slow him down any, although I think it will take great team defense to do it. Kinda like w Harden.

I think the Bucks probably would have the best chance of beating them.
    Although "gun to my head" I'm still going with worriers.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bucks. I predict them to beat the Warriors in 7 this year.

Rooting for the Warriors though. If we're going to be miserable, I want others to be too.

10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

My thoughts exactly.

Denovo and BigShasta like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I still don't believe in the Bucks. A team that has never won a playoff series before is not winning a ship the very next year. There's levels to this. That team isn't some historical team. @ me if they get it done. not expecting it at all

Denovo likes this.
  12. NateNate

NateNate Member

Was talking about the Durant era Warriors as a whole so that would include last year's game 7. Also, there's a difference between that clippers series and the Rockets series. I have zero interest in arguing my case tho lol

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'd go with the Bucks. I think the only things that can stop them are if their shooters go cold and if the Warriors come up with a scheme to keep Giannis from ramming it down their throats all game long (it will be interesting to see which team the refs favor more...). Beyond that, the Bucks basically play like the Rockets except they're younger and more athletic and have a better defense.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Portland