1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raphiael Putney A Keeper

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pst257, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Breh.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UEZTgUbX-Mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UEZTgUbX-Mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol he was eve brought up on the radio call of last night's game

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

the new GOAT! Our season is saved!

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Cut Tjones and sign this guy.

7. CertifiedTroll

I wouldn't mind signing him. Bring him to Houston so he can get in on that Taco Bell delivery. That will help his bulk game.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think I've ever seen one of these threads go 5 pages without SOMEONE playing devil's advocate focusing only on his weaknesses.

It's pretty telling that the board unanimously agrees this guy's only weakness right now is his strength.

I can see him playing backup PF and SF in the NBA. Are we saying he's any more likely than Ryan Anderson to get abused by opponents? I really don't think so.

Definitely deserves a 10-day just for his 3-pt shot and confidence. We need better 3pt shooters. Teams are going really small at backup PF these days, occasionally going with two SF's or even a 4-guard line up sometimes. I think we can definitely use him if D-Mo still needs time to recover.

OTOH Jones is hitting close to 40% of his 3's. What will this guy bring that Jones doesn't? Doesn't look like he'll be a better defender or rebounder or passer than Jones.

I would, however, be disappointed to see him join another team.

9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

lol.

Jones takes one three every four games. Can't defend a lamp post, has no awareness. Putney would play the 3 here.

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I don't get the insistence of players gaining weight...particularly big men in Houston where we watched a HOF career cut short by too much weight on a mans feet.

Capella is still a young man and will grow anyway but has a pro training staff too....I mean how much weight do you want him to gain when his length and air walking got him here?

This young man looks every bit the part. Ariza has been inconsistent, Brewer is not setting the world on fire and jones, my goodness the only positive I see right now is that he weighs enough for general opinion.

We don't have 5 lebrons. There are holes in every team....defensively this team sucks but still has decent individual defenders. Who are the guys we can count on to score 20 consistently and efficiently? Harden....maybe Thornton? And?

Give him a shot. It can't go worse....

11. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I see no reason why they shouldn't at least give him a 10-day chance. There's currently an open roster spot and they need to find something to wake this team up.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc you won't last in the league unless you put on weight and get stronger, especially as a big man

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No one has dibs. He's essentially a free agent that happens to be playing for our affiliate. Anyone can sign him at any time.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Which is maybe why we were throwing in Terry in that deal to clear a roster spot?

Please? Heck to me this guy is already better than Dekker...and McDaniels....

DD

16. rocketsmetalspd

No need already have an open spot on the team IF the teams wants to sign him.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Man...totally skipped out on legs day in middle school, high school, and college... Never skip out on legs day.

Would be interesting to see if he can transition to the NBA, but his range is really intriguing. Unfortunately the Rockets dont need more offense, but rather defense, and he would be taken to school just because of his weight.

18. rocketsmetalspd

Could be just wiry build body wise. It took Whiteside to get it together but this player is balling already. Morey better not over look this player, plus the Rockets have that 15th roster spot still available.

19. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Players' listed height/weight rarely changes throughout their careers, so just as he has clearly worked on his shot, it is reasonable to assume he has worked on bulking up a bit as well. Obviously, he's a super skinny dude, but I have a hard time believing he's any skinnier than Brewer.

Regardless, as some have said, his weight would be more of an issue if he were playing the 4 or the 5. From what I've seen, he looks to be plenty quick enough to play as a 3. With the atrocious shooting between Ariza and Brewer as of late (Brewer all season long), I see no reason not to give him a shot.

I'm not sure how a 10-day contract would affect our cap situation, maybe Bima can shed some light on this. Would giving this guy a 10 day before a year/multi-year long contract be detrimental to our cap situation?

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You know capela is listed at 240? You know that I could go pick HOFer after HOFer that weighs within 230-250 lbs? The guy is going to put on 10-15 just by finishing growing into being a man. Not everyone is Shaquille oneal.

Idk Putneys weight, clearly he's a thin guy but he looks like a guy who needs a shot. Maybe they should drop whatever Iso crap they do and straight up copy the Warriors. Harden Thornton putney Ariza capela just play some dirty zone that switches everything on defense and shoot the lights out on offense.