1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rape victim in Dubai jailed for extramarital sex

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 19, 2013.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

2. trustme

trustme Member

Lol at Oramco...it's Aramco.

3. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Member

Going to go out on a limb and say more people get away with smoking weed than killing children.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Member

You listed three countries and one city.

You have credibility problems.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Oramco? Are you also a fan of the Houston Ostros and the Opple iPhone 5?

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Ahhhh, so you get on an American website to use some Arab slang that nobody would know about, smart. Also, you were trying to refer to countries in the region by a slang which relates to a group of people within their own country, genius. Just stop digging a deeper hole for yourself. BTW, my father also worked for Aramco, I would think you would at least be able to spell the name of the company, its written everywhere.

I'm not sure how old you are, so you are forgiven and I accept your apology in advance.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea, I shouldn't have been on CF yesterday just saw all my typos and stuff.

insert [exit thread GIF]

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I'm not sure what I was arguing about but chances are I was wrong, kthnxbyehada****tyday.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

fixed, and the woes continue.

reinsert [exit thread GIF]

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If I was woman I would not go to that country. How many times has this happened? At some point you got to realize the money is not worth it.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The disrespect for women is appalling in middle eastern government and culture.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

"we want there money, but dont want their culture..."

we go into these foreign lands, expecting the same freedoms and life styles that we are accustomed to in our own homelands...one would think that such a progressive Emirate(the City of Dubai) and a fairly moderate country like the UAE(Dubai is just one of 7 Emirates) would be different from the rest of the Arab world...This however is just not true...

Some thoughts on this really sad situation is that: this woman...literally made a huge mistake once she decided to enter a room with a dude she didnt know... Drunk or not...While it is truly tragic that she got taken advantage of, we cant expect certain cultures to cater to "equal rights/ women's rights"...and its pathetic that this woman is just another example in a total epidemic that has plagued the Arab culture for a long time...

here is another true story(terrific movie, but very disturbing):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stoning_of_Soraya_M.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Just to further point out LosPollosHermanos' ignorance, Emirati is not an Arabic word, and is not how the nationality of people from the UAE is pronounced in Arabic. The Arabic word is pronounced EmAAraati. The English word is EmIrati.

The nationals of Saudi, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc don't consider themselves from the Emirates, nor does the Emirates consider them to be nationals. They are not treated the same. They don't have the same rights/privileges. So to that end, LosPollosHermanos' friend is a moron too because he has lived in the region and believes those things. That's like saying Canadians consider themselves Americans lol.

.[deleted].

#34 Mathloom, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  15. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

My ex-fiance works at the embassy - she will be pardoned later today.

I always tell girls to be careful around Arab men, they are coarse, vile pigs who stoop to unfathomable lows to get their way. It's sad how many mistake clearcut signs for intensity or passion out of sheer boredom or neglect. Perhaps this is a wake up call to us white men to take our women more seriously, instead of taking them for granted and leaving them to fend for themselves in the darker corners of society. Btw, Muslim women who have the opportunity to socialize with non Arab men agree with me.

However, their shish kabobs are excellent.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

She was pardoned.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

good. Although I don't know the full story, what I read in the news sounded like a completely ridiculous charge against her.

It's disgusting to think what goes on in some of those middle eastern countries when the international spotlight isn't shined on them. And you'd think the UAE would be one of the better countries of the bunch. :rolleyes:

18. sammy

sammy Member

The best thing that could result from this is that people stop visiting Dubai due to the negative publicity. Tourism is a great source of income for Dubai.

Hit em where it hurts. The wallet.

1 person likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Mathloom, why did you delete one of the few really good parts of posts you have ever made? Afraid of your own courage?

20. aeolus13

aeolus13 Member

Sadly, it is.