1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[rant]The rich get richer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Ouch forgot about that

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Damn... thats a LOT

Stern wanted Dwight in LA, and Stern always gets what he wants

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Some1 please explain to me why the Lakers didn't even have to take one bad contract? There's definitely something fishy about this deal, it must be something under the table.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

WE COMPLETELY AGREE!!

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i know. stern also wanted cleveland to draft lebron. he also wanted the huge media market of oklahoma city to have durant, westbrook, and harden. this is a fact.

1 person likes this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

There is definitely a 1% in the NBA which is amazing because all the owners are the 1% of the US population. I wonder how those owners feel about being screwed over every time just like the rest of us.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The NBA is drama.

I've become jaded and cynical to invest emotion into their games.

Not that I've seen it all, but it just doesn't make me feel good anymore.

Have you realized that even the players are also in the .01%?

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Lakers upgrade from 2nd best to best center in the NBA and all it cost them was a protected pick in 2017. Incredible.

9. Raven

Raven Member

I'm glad he's not coming here, but he's not leaving a year on the table. Period. My concern from day one is that he'd sign an extension and then pout his way off the team. That would have been a disaster.

And the NBA needs a franchise tag, but that's old news.

10. Raven

Raven Member

And something else. You just know that Durant is watching this and taking notes. It's a three superstar formula, and how is OK getting that third star?

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

It's as if the NBA wants less hardcore fans and more casual fans. Such a shallow league.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Judo, get a grip, dude. It's not The End of the World, but rather The World as it is. Regardless of how favored certain markets are in the NBA, it's still possible to beat the "system." The Rockets almost proved that in 1986. They did prove it in '94 and '95. We can win, and we can get another title. It's just harder for teams like Houston. We have to do everything better than The Favored Ones, and we can. If we stop believing that, it's all over, and it's not all over.

1 person likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

i'll say it again. Orlando's gm went full you know what.
    For the lakers, they earned dwight. They had the best asset to offer in Bynum. Where the fail happens is in orlando. How do you not end up with the second best player in the trade scenario? I feel bad for Orlando fans.

the haters will call maury a moron, but going with the youth movement was as good an option as acquiring howard.

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

Well he kinda screwed himself if you ask me how can you turn down the offers that the rockets and nets had..I just dont get it

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

"I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree. Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot." -Rob Hennigan on being the Orlando Magic's GM

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

****ing Diva bull****. I'm fed up too.

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I've lost interest for sure but that's been happening since 2002 when the ridiculous kings/lakers fix happened..

A few years later the NBA has a ref in JAIL for tanking games. Somehow the NBA sweeps that under the rug. I thought that would wreck the league at the time....

Than comes the LeBron decision.

Next Carmelo demands a trade to NYC and NYC only. Next year the Hornets win the lottery months after being screwed....Next Dwight is traded and the Magic got very little in in return...

All this happens and somehow the NBA is gaining in popularity across the country. very confusing

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You pretty much answered your question in the second part of your post. The most we can hope for is renting a superstar while the Lakers sacrifice practically nothing to get Howard.

And when I say fixed I don't just mean David Stern pulling the strings. I mean the players, owner, agents, media and etc.. There is an in crowd and in places and we are the nerd table in the back of he cafeteria.

1 person likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I like to get to the point.

1 person likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I would like to just shrug this off but I freely admit to being a bitter Rockets' fan..:mad: