1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RANT]Supermarket

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MartianMan, Oct 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

I decided to go to the supermarket while doing my errands today. I got a gallon of milk, a 24 pack of bottled water, and some cereal. You guys know the 24 pack of bottled water is pretty heavy. At least 20 pounds or more. So I'm there at the checkout line, paying for my stuff with a credit card, the person bagging my food is standing right next to me. So I'm watching her bag my food, and she first puts in the cereal and then the gallon of milk. Then she tries to pick up the pack of bottled water. I'm thinking maybe I should help her. I'm about to say something when she kinda hoists the pack of bottled water and just DROPS IT ON MY MILK. The gallon of milk is smashed up. I'm just looking at her like WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING b****!!! She turns and GIVES ME A LOOK and just walks away to pick up a phone that was ringing. I'm staring at her for 5 seconds just shocked at what is happening. She's just ignoring me. Then I adjust the water and milk and see that the milk container didn't break, so I give her a dirty look and just walk away.

I'm thinking now that I should've said something, but it would have just been to vent cuz the milk container was fine, though smashed up. But damn, she's a b****.

2. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

She was a possible terrorist doing her part to destory the USA's milk supply. :)

Seriously, lighten up, things could be way worse. I'd be happy if thats the only thing that went wrong in my life on any given day.

3. droxford

droxford Member

reminds me a of a They Might Be Giants song: "Minimum wage! .... Hyeeeaaaaaahhh!!!! <whip crack>"

Sorry, man. Friendly and efficient customer service no longer exists.

4. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

I worked at a pizzeria for two summers when I was in high school. Putting in those 10 hours every day was draining. Next time someone working in a job like that gives you attitude, just chalk it up to the job they have. Sure, they should be nicer, but the reason they're giving you that look is because they hate their job and hate anything which makes it worse. In this case, it just happened to be your milk that she dropped, and in her mind you have become another thing she hates about the job. It's nothing you've done, it's just her projecting her hatred and dissatisfaciton with her job on to a proxy, you. Next time this happens, just shrug and be glad you're not the one having to deal with that everyday.

I know it doesn't absolve her from how she acted, but putting it into perspective will mean you don't have to be pissed off about it and let it ruin your day.

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Don't rant over dented milk.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[Trader_Jorge]
    I think that you should have immediately contacted that girl's supervisor and told her about that atrocious behavior. I would have demanded an apology from both her supervisor and from the employee herself, and if I had not received both, would have contacted the store manger and demand that both the sacker and her supervisor be immediately terminated. Customer service like that is unacceptable no matter what business is involved. She'll never get ahead in the business world with an attitude like that. If she "doesn't like her job", she should seek employment that more suits her skills.
    [/Trader_Jorge]

Seriously though, this is why chicks shouldn't sack groceries...you come in at the wrong time of the month, and your bread and potato chips are history At least if she's running the register, the most trouble you get is an ugly look or two. Either that, or she completely sucked during cashier training, and the only job she could get was sacker...

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

a WOMAN did this to you???!?

You're a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man you are. She's just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

See, I knew that deep down you really like the French. I just knew it!

:D

9. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

That's some good advice guys. Bullard, you're probably right. I'm probably thinking that she's pissed off at me directly, but instead I just got in the crossfire. Who knows? Maybe it was 'that' time of the month again? Or, she could just be a b****.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

#10 Manny Ramirez, Oct 17, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  11. micah1j

micah1j Member

Most are ;)

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That would have never happened at Wegman's, which is THE BEST supermarket chain in the country. :cool:

If you can't tell, I just started a new job in the sub shop of a Wegman's.

In all seriousness though, it's been rated in the top 10 businesses to work for for like the past 5 years or so, and was the number one company to work for in America last year.

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I actually agree with T_J.

What supermaket store was it, btw?

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You should have opened the milk container and poured it all over her. Then say, "b****, how you like me now!!"

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I shopped at Wegman's when I visited my sister's family in northern New Jersey back in March.

Cool grocery store. Houstonians....imagine a Rice Epicurean doubled in size. It's not like Central Market in that they don't have as wide an array of produce or wine, but they have high quality meat, a huge deli, and lots of international stuff.

16. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Dude, she's just some dumb chick with a sheisty job. Let it go. Smashing some potato chips, a loaf of break, and a dozen eggs.... Now that's something to complain about.

If bigtexxx or T_J came into my store, I might not hesitate to damage all their goods and just walk out laughing. Oh the outrage. A lowly common woman f*cked their **** up and dares to laugh about it. Oh the horror. I don't think I'd regret it one bit. If I stuck around long enough to get fired, I'd get some unemployment out of the whole ordeal. Sounds like an even trade to me. Who's laughin now, b****es? :cool:

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I hate it when sackers smash my loaf of break. :D

18. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Why T-J? He didn't make any sexist remarks like texxx did in this thread, did he?

19. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

No, T_J didn't make sexist remarks but A-Train's portrayal of T_J is dead on, and I just don't like what T_J would say....

Therefore I'd like to screw their **** up just to see the reaction.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i sacked groceries a couple of summers in high school.

one time this French lady came in and got a salad from the salad bar. it was in one of those clear plastic "take out" containers. i put it on top of the rest of her stuff. when she brought it to the check out line, it was closed. she closed it. but apparently not very well. because when we got to her car, some of the salad had spilled out in the bag. she started screaming at me in her french accent that her salad would taste like paper bag.

i laughed and laughed.