1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Rant) Confrontation at apartment complex

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by King of 40 Acres, Aug 20, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP was emasculated twice during that sleep-over. And we can only imagine how the cat feels about literally being dragged into it...ecatsulated.

2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Im not sure what apartment number he lives in. He was already walking in the hallway when I stepped out of my apartment.

I don't mind apologizing again / trying to explain myself to him the next time I see him when he's sober and less aggressive. Again I was just trying to defuse the situation last night without getting into a full blown confrontation over an elevator.

And yes there are 5 floors in our building so I could see how it may have inconvenienced him but seriously? To get that upset over having to wait for the elevator or take the stairs is nuts. This dude definitely has a loose trigger when he's drinking or in general.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

You need to chill and not care. Seriously, forget about it and move on don't apologize.

There's tons of assholes everywhere dont let them get to you like this.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Shouldve laid him out.

5. King of 40 Acres

Ehh I'm over it already. I just wanted to see how everyone else would have reacted in that situation.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is an idiot.

You live in midtown bro? If so, I got your back. We will lay the smack down on his jabroni drunk arse

7. htownballa1622

Maybe I'd be overboard by swinging at him, but depends on the person and situation. I'm not gonna be disrespected by a drunk person or a sober person.

All I know is, I'm not gonna give an ass a pass just cuz he's a dbag.

Bottom line. I don't think op was wrong. He was hesitant enough to think of the guy but was in a weird position. No need from him to apologize.

8. King of 40 Acres

Lol yeah this is in Midtown but closer to the Spur that drops you into Midtown from 59. Funny thing is this dude acted like since we're neighbors we all need to be respectful of each other but then he verbally accosts me outside :confused:

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it was inconsiderate to not hold the elevator when you knew they were behind you, but that dude overreacted. he obviously was not in too much of a hurry if he had time to confront you.

if he had simply approached you and asked why you did not hold the elevator and that it was rude i think you would have owed him an apology or explanation. but if he is acting like that and calling you names i would have told him to f*** off. definitely dont apologize now.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Try not to **** where you eat.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You should have told him - "I tried to hit the door open button, but accidentally hit the door closed button - sorry"

12. Nook

Nook Member

Okay. So he emasculated you in front of your girl. So you want to be further emasculated by reporting him to security? You had your chance at the time he confronted you and you made the instinctual decision to be a beta.

At this point just let it go.

13. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

If he was drunk and getting in his truck you could got his plate number make and color of his truck called cops and let them give him a reward (jail time) tell them what street he was leaving on. Of course that would be chicken shi!.:grin:

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

the feeling of getting emasculated in front of your girl is also petty. just chalk it up as the dude being a douche and move on. buy the guy a six pack, be humble and a better person. really unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

15. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Don't sweat it dude.

No need to apologize to him either.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You have two options

Show him your steel and let him know what he's got waiting for him the next time he tries to step in your elevator.

Or move.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why do you feel emasculated? Sounds like he just caught you off guard and you froze. Just forget about it. You don't have to apologize for squat. If he steps to you again tell him to **** himself. He's a grown man, tell him to get his own damn elevator. C'mon dude. Don't rationalize it, don't think about it, just move on.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

buy a rifle and start carrying it from your car to your apartment.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What makes you think it was clear?

Pretty much this.

People are generally inconsiderate, but it happens plenty times and seems to be widely accepted. Many times, people are surprised when you say "thank you".

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Nobody here is backing your neighbor. He behaved badly for sure.

You don't seem to want to own your part in it though. You were inconsiderate, period.

He was absolutely wrong. You were too. An apology would go a long way I think. And it all could have been avoided if you'd explained yourself before pushing the button to close the door on the guy's face, which is essentially what one is doing when one gets in an elevator with someone behind them and then presses the button that closes the door.

The lack of basic decency that strangers show one another these days is really disappointing. My mother raised me better. I always hold the door for the person behind me. I always hold the elevator door (it seriously wouldn't even enter my mind to do something as rude as you did). I always let women exit the elevator before me or enter before me and I do the same with people that are elderly or sicker than I am.

These are basic human courtesies that allow for us to live in a polite society without having to get involved with strangers at ALL if we don't want to. You brought this on though, dude.

No excuse for the other guy's overreaction but please don't act like he had no reason at all to be angry with you. Everyone I've ever met would have been angry with you.