1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2024-25

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 1, 2024 at 9:24 PM.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Fair point... I think they were trying to compete.... I mean the Leastern Conference is a thing

I honestly believe when they (1) lost the #3 pick & (2) realized nobody was going to trade them another star (RN), they decided they had to go cold turkey (trade remaining good players to get cap space and get as many FRPs as possible). I was somewhat surprised they kept Claxton, but I think they realized they were not going to get FMV in a center-clogged market and (2) he was the youngest of their 2ish stars.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. I just think this quick rebuild talk is a lie. They tried a quick rebuild around Bridges. It failed and now they are trying to convince us that the rebuild starts now with their ability to tank. The thing is, when a rebuild fails and you start over....it is the same rebuild because nothing was built.

Edit: I may be a grumpy old man as I think tanking is more the ultimate form of rebuilding in which the front office puts together a team with the purpose of losing. You can try to rebuild while still trying to compete. With the way the draft is and that other teams will tank, it is hard to rebuild without tanking and usually not wise.

theDude and jch1911 like this.
  3. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

Let’s keep it simple. Sengun for Draymond & a 1st

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol no

How many alts does @hlmbasketball have?

clutchdabear, ArtV and saleem like this.
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Bucks have a FRP to trade and not much to offer, but need to try something....

Bucks get
    Adams
    Brooks
    Tate

Rockets get
    2031 FRP
    Lopez
    Portis
    Connaughton (can drop him if Bucks don't want Tate)

(Also, Bucks can have Landale and Green the Elder if they prefer them to Adams).

I think Adams and Lopez is probably a wash in talent if Adams is healthy. I think Dillon Brooks would help them rebuild their defense.

Ancient Moabite and MadMax94$ like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Brooks, (Jalen Green or Adams) Landale, Tate & most of their picks.
    …for…
    Kevin Durant

This makes us a contender the moment it happens. We would get us a quick championship if luck is on our side. Our development would continue at the same time. Our window stays open even after Durant expires. Learning to WIN in while competing for a championship.

The Suns get their future back too. Most of their return is expiring or has team options players. Their FRP are reason they would consider this.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Enough to make you see how silly you sound by trading 22yr old JG AND assets for a 36yr fading Curry

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets should trade for Walker Kessler and put him with our shooting coaches. Kessler with a midrange is deadly. He just needs a change of scenery. Put him with his old pal Jabari.

Rocketsman90 and RLP55 like this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

who is kissed goodbye to say ‘hi’ to Kess?

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

PG - I think FVV is an excellent starter, no need to upgrade there. Just hope Sheppard or Amen can take over soon full time.

SG - Green is an inefficient chucker and has been my #1 player to replace to with a 2-way guard and would immediately improve the # of wins on this team. Sheppard may be the answer long-term but highly doubt he is there this year or next.

SF - Rockets are set here. Brooks,Tari, Amen, Whitmore

PF - Jabari needs to gain a lot of strength to continue to play this roll. Not saying he is bad but he seems to have more advantage as a 3. Tari is good but I'd like someone around 7' for that role.

C - Sengun, he's the guy. No upgrading there.

So, with that said, SG and PF are the only immediate needs for upgrading to get the Rockets into real contention. I think we know what we have with Jalen and after 3 years, it's time to move on. Jabari in 2 - 3 years should have put on enough weight to anchor the 4 and have his shooting at an elite level but that puts real competing out that much longer which I'm fine with.

Trade:
    Jalen Green, Dillon Brooks, PHX Picks

Receive:
    Devin Booker

Immediate Roster:

PG - FVV
    SG - Booker
    SF - Amen, Eason or Whitmore
    PF - Jabari
    ..C - Sengun

Future Roster:

PG - Amen or Sheppard
    SG - Booker
    SF - Eason or Whitmore
    PF - Jabari or FA
    ..C - Sengun

In 2 years, that's a squad that's competing year in year out for a Championship.

theDude and ArtV like this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Great idea, just don’t think Phoenix would cooperate. That is probably the best package they could get for Booker. They would then need to dump Durant as well and do a full re-build unless Jalen becomes a superstar (probability 10%).

Rokman likes this.
  12. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Rim protection, Rockets biggest short coming. Walker Kessler, problem solved.

Doubt if Adams plays more than 50+/- games. His veteran presence is as important as his on court production. Kessler’s minutes might be minimal his first year here. But moving forward, his role will be greatly expanded.

As much as I liked the late season version of Jock, maybe Utah takes him, Tate and a 2rd pick.

coachbadlee likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m gonna keep proposing Jalen trades because it’s so obvious we can’t pay everyone, he’s about to get expensive, and he hasn’t earned an extension. I also think that if he doesn’t play great or feel like Houston will give him the contract he wants, he’s going to ask for a trade.

Jalen Green for the 2029 pick the Wiz just got from Portland and the Wiz 2031 pick.

Shark44 and Sooner423 like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully not to the Rockets.

16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think Sac-town. They were trying for Markannen, but it looks like Ainge wants Bridges offer or better.

Looks like they will pivot back to BI with Huerter & Barnes.

17. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Ainge is out of his mind lol

Corrosion and jch1911 like this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Ainge will only trade if he wins and he often does.

jch1911 and evo8lover like this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

3 way trade:
    Rockets incoming - Devin Booker
    Outgoing - Jalen Greeen, Jock Landale, all Phoenix picks

Phoenix outgoing - Devin Booker, Kevin Durant
    Incoming - Jalen Green, Jock Landale, Brandon Ingram, all their picks back

NO - Outgoing Brandon Ingram
    Incoming- Durant

Works on Fanspo

20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And New York proved that there are teams willing to accommodate.

jch1911 likes this.