1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not sure Tate can bring back two 2nds, but I’d be satisfied with one. A trade for someone like Kevon Looney would be a good deal. It shores up backup C for us this year and gives a little more cap relief for GSW this summer.

if we don’t exercise team options on Tate, Green and Jock, we would have around $19m available in free agency. And that will also be with the addition of the BKN draft pick (currently #8). So, while I wouldn’t mind a marginal trade to help bolster our play-in chances this year, I don’t think standing pat is the worst thing.

BigMaloe, xaos and daywalker02 like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Which Bridges will be in the news this trade deadline?

A. Mikal
    [​IMG]

B. Miles
    [​IMG]

c. Jeff
    [​IMG]

d. Phoebe
    [​IMG]

e. Brooklyn
    [​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Turkish Delight.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

5. SamsonCorletwo

It's depend on market and which team want him and a late first pick or a early second pick is reasonable return

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course but it is the rarest of needs bc quite honestly there are expiring role players in insurmountable abundance.

His shooting is bad enough that it would not suffice for a late 1st rounder.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Prime example of value to the home team vs new team....

KJ Martin, the Rox knew how to use his cutting but he only played like 2 minutes on the Clips and Sixers who are shorthanded.

Those guys are just not as valued elsewhere and I know his D is decent but still....

8. SamsonCorletwo

KJ Martin is a player with poorly shooting and zero defense
    I'm not surprise he will leave NBA in the next year but Tate gets defense at least and his contract is very friendly which is one year with TO

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is exactly why dude will be an 11th man on a decent team......and not seeing much minutes as he should because he is not really talented....and he is vastly undersized.

Giving up a first rounder unless it is this year's 1st rounder it would be giftwrapping your pick, you could easily draft a better Tate with a 2nd rounder.

Tate is just another Ime Udoka in the NBA and I think Udoka recognizes himself in Tate and his limited potential.

The Rockets are great at maximizing those 'untalented players', I am not too worried about Tate. Rox will take care of one of their own.

I think Tate is worse than PJ Tucker was, PJ was stronger and could shoot the Corner 3.......Tate is merely living off Steals and a few layups.

#1549 daywalker02, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  10. SamsonCorletwo

Yes I agree
    If you can't get reasonable return for him,It's a better idea for keep him because his contract is very friendly and almost treat as a expire contract

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I see teams holding out at the deadline, and I can only suspect they are targeting the Draft Day trade market.......

Even the Lakers are not really panicking.

We are looking forward to that.

12. Landry's Tooth

Derozan is an expiring contract. Patrick Williams is a good shooter and plays defense. He's a better player than Green right now. I'm not sure the Bulls want to pay market value on him because he does get hurt a lot.

I think you are overstating Green's value. He can't get a star in trade. The Nets picks might...

3 seasons and he's shown little improvement. Future stars usually get better year over year...

13. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

It’s been a quiet deadline for sure. Seems like teams have high asking prices this year. Because every team should be looking to improve or unless they are waiting for draft night to make trades.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  14. SamsonCorletwo

Yep,you got a lot of talent kids in the team and you dont want add another a 18,19,20 kid into your team
    I expect that 24 Nets pick with other assets will be traded in the Draft Day

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

The supposed seller teams: Wizards, Bulls, Blazers and Nets, while having desirable role players are asking multiple 1st. o_O. Dorian Finney Smith or Caruso for two firsts? They are nice, but they're not that nice.

Buyer teams are holding the line. Who's gonna budge today?

#1555 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    evo8lover likes this.
  16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Happy trade deadline day! Unlike the prior couple, if we don’t make a move today, I won’t be too upset.

xaos, BigMaloe, theDude and 1 other person like this.
  17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You always want to add young talent.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Last year 12 deals went down on the deadline day. Not saying that'll happen again. It does feel like teams asking for too much this year.

evo8lover likes this.
  19. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Joe Harris is actually one of the names on there that I think is more likely to be bought out, dude isn't getting any minutes on a bottom feeder team and his one big attribute (3 point shooting) is really down this year. There's a real chance he's cooked at this point in his career.

On our side I'm hesitant to give up any assets for that (even a Tate + Landale + 2nd package) because realistically he may not even make the rotation here, but I'm for sure down to bring him in for a look if he got bought out for the hope he can recapture some of what he used to have. And he's a guy who can only be signed by a non-tax team if he is bought out.

Doug McDermott is another guy on that list I'd be interested in but I don't think he gets bought out. I would do that Tate/Landale/2nd package for him too but not sure they'd want that either

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-rumors-the-latest-intel-on-all-30-teams/

•O’Neale has drawn trade interest from the Rockets and Cavaliers recently, league sources told HoopsHype.

•The Rockets also considered making a run at Drummond before acquiring Steven Adams.The Rockets also considered making a run at Drummond before acquiring Steven Adams.

•Following an aggressive pursuit of Nets forward Mikal Bridges, as first reported by HoopsHype, the Houston Rockets expressed interest in another Nets player, league sources told HoopsHype – Royce O’Neale.

Meanwhile, Houston swingman Jae’Sean Tate has drawn interest from several teams with the Rockets seeking either a late first-round pick or multiple second-round picks to consider parting with Tate, league sources told HoopsHype. Tate has been one of Rafael Stone’s notable finds as a diamond in the rough from the Sydney Kings who’s become a proven NBA rotation player.

Rockets point guard Aaron Holiday has also drawn trade interest from teams looking for backup point guard depth, HoopsHype has learned. Holiday is shooting over 40 percent from beyond the arc for the second season in a row.

Acquiring any potential draft compensation could eventually be flipped as part of a trade to acquire another rotation player.

Speaking of assets to help Houston acquire another player, center Jock Landale remains available on the trade market as a useful asset thanks to his tradeable contract.

•The Suns are looking to upgrade on the wing and have expressed interest in several players, including Miles Bridges, Royce O’Neale, Jae’Sean Tate, and others.

Nassir Little and multiple second-round picks have been dangled in trade talks for O’Neale and Tate, league sources told HoopsHype.

•Brogdon has drawn interest from several teams, including the 76ers, Knicks, Lakers, and Rockets most notably, league sources said. While the prevailing thought from rival executives for months was a future first-round pick could land Brogdon, Portland has resisted moving Brogdon and rival teams are skeptical Portland will part with the veteran guard by Thursday’s deadline.

Williams drew interest most notably from Houston, but then the Rockets acquired Steven Adams.

•Olynyk has drawn significant interest across the league, including from the 76ers, Celtics, Rockets, Knicks, Heat, Warriors, and more teams.

Multiple NBA executives who’ve tried to trade for Olynyk told HoopsHype the Jazz are seeking draft pick compensation, preferably at least a first-round pick, in trade talks.

BigMaloe, lionaire, Y2JT and 4 others like this.