1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

send these boys to their homes

Grimes[Houston] x JG4[represented by CAA Sports---NYK - CAA Team]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    period

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Tate+Green for Hartenstein+Grimes+2025 FRP?

Y2JT likes this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

All good and fine if he were a free agent signing, or cost us effectively nothing (a couple 2nd round picks or something), but I'll bet he costs a real, serious asset, like a first round pick or comparable player, and I just don't think the benefits you cited are worth that. I also don't see there being enough minutes to go around in the backcourt--Amen is already only playing around 10-15 lately, and that bothers me.

If we're going to start throwing around draft picks in trades, I'd really rather get a much younger guard who can become part of the core long term. Especially since I've been getting more doubtful about Jalen's future with every game.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’d be ok with a younger guard as well. If brogdon requires the 2024 Brooklyn pick I’m not sure if I would do it. I do think if Jalen fails Cam will be our future Sg or some star we trade for in 25

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Is that ole girl that was flirting with Kenneth Faried?

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't have someone specifically targeted but what I would most like to see is Jalen and the BKN 2024 1st packaged for a young up and comer SG or C/PF that can be part of our long-term plan. I'm sure there is a some team out there that has that guy.

evo8lover likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

JDub isn't SGA you think he is worth top 10 pick next year, Amen who was the top 4 pick last year, Jabari who was top 3 pick year before, Jalen who is prob worth a 1st round, and all the Nets picks and swaps? Bro that's more than we got for Harden and what NOP got for AD lol wtf. You crazy.

peleincubus likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

The BKN 2024 could end up a top 5 pick so not sure why we would give that up.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well it's got to be for someone who is a highly regarded player but not fully developed. High potential player with at least a few well developed skill (not jumping).

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agreed.

11. j@amc

j@amc Member

Let's all hope the Knicks remain clueless and would execute a trade like this. It's a little sad that we picked Josh Christopher over Grimes and we couldn't wait to develop Hartenstein (who always looked like he would get it together for a pro career).

Shark44, Y2JT, Rokman and 1 other person like this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Okc has no use for picks anymore, they need elite guys. Jalen realistically is worth nothing at this point, and amen has done nothing. Those guys do zero to help okc win. Jabari would pair well with chet. If you offer okc the nets picks, jalen, and amen for williams they will laugh you off the phone

subtomic likes this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

It would have to be a three-team trade. OKC gets Bridges and maybe Claxton, Brooklyn gets some of their picks back, and we get J-Dub.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

No they wouldn’t that’s a massive overpay for Williams.

15. sinan28

sinan28 Member

At this time we can only speculate.
    Tari being out hurts us. However, his absence is helping the front office to see the current worth of JG, Amen and Cam. I believe that one of those guys will be gone by trade deadline. IMO our most urgent need is a guy like Malik Monk or Derrick White.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It could only be Jalen. Cam and Amen are looking great and will be heavy rotation guys later this year. If you can’t see Cam’s and Amen’s progression you are just a stat watcher.

evo8lover likes this.
  17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It’s irrelevant anyway, 0 chance okc gives him away without getting a star. Would be idiotic

18. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Tbh I’m surprised ime hasn’t pushed for a trade yet. Everyone and they momma know we need a starting caliber SG

19. sinan28

sinan28 Member

I am watching all the games fully. I honestly believe that despite all the obvious negative traits, JG is a better prospect than Amen and Cam. In case we deal JG (plus draft picks) we should get a guy like Lavine

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This I agree with. OkC is mistakenly thinking they are contenders. SGA equals Harden in the playoffs. I think it sucks but the rules change in the playoffs. He will be held, bludgeoned, and made practically useless as an offensive player with the NBA’s consistent corruption.