1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

So if someone spit on your face, you think it is raining! So I am a newbie and you are not...okay! whose alt-ego you are? and why you see it is necessary to create an alt-ego account if you are so sure of your bullshit?

2. marinara

marinara Member

If you'd trade Sengun for anyone who isn't a legit MVP contender then I don't know what else you want. Dude is 21 years old.

3. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

They're all teaming up to shoot down my fair trade idea, but it's no big deal, I can see what they're up to.

4. i3artow i3aller

Alts now bickering with other alts?! What in the Sports Illustrated AI hell is going around here?! Must be a glitch in the Matrix.

Rokman, OremLK, Dobbizzle and 4 others like this.
  5. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Don't project your bullshit on others! He is talking about you!

6. marinara

marinara Member

People on the internet are weird hey lmao

Dobbizzle, Corrosion and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

People can see what you’re up to.

How about Green/Tate/Landale for Buddy Hield.
    Hield is a much better fit with the real core, great 3 pt shooter and spreads the floor for our best player.

Did I do that right?

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Thoughts on Alec Burks?

“It would be a rather stunning development to part with the Purdue product so soon. As of now, Detroit is only expected to factor into this winter’s upcoming trade window as a potential seller of veteran talent, most notably combo guard Alec Burks and sharpshooter Bojan Bogdanović. Burks was of particular interest to the Rockets, league sources told Yahoo Sports, when Houston was navigating trade scenarios for Kevin Porter Jr. prior to this season, and Houston still has Victor Oladipo’s $9.5 million salary to play with before February's trade deadline. There’s also veteran point guard Monte Morris, who’s been sidelined with a quad strain and has one season left at just $9.8 million.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/pistons-se...-assets-but-no-clear-direction-144900683.html

BigMaloe and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Jeff Green, right? Jalen is off limits. I'm cool with Hield as long as we throw in #28 to make room for some potential future all-star players.

10. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I love Sengun playing extended minutes and shine like a star, I think we need a backup center, first! Someone that has different skills, someone long and athletic, someone that can give us different looks

11. marinara

marinara Member

you're weird

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think the key words there are "from a contender".

All first round picks aren't equal .... from a contender pretty much means mid 20's and later picks which are pretty much just $1 scratch off lottery tickets, you hope it's your lucky day.

Not every team wants to commit the guaranteed money to those picks in the late 20's ....

Now if it had been a team that might fall between picks 12-16 They probably don't turn down those "Two first round picks from a play in team" ...

Then again, a play in team probably isn't offering 2 first round picks for a role player type.

Y2JT likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

burks would be a solid bench option. not a hater of it

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm right there with you on Sengun and I straight up quit questioning the guy .... I've criticized him in the past and he just proves me wrong.

Offensively he's special - maybe "more unique" than Jokic (that doesn't necessarily mean better), he just makes the offense easy for everyone. Would really like to have seen him in an Adleman offense, I always enjoyed watching his teams even if they were lacking talent, he kept them competitive. Sengun would have been the perfect center piece for him.

As good as he is offensively, he's still got a lot of room for improvement - mainly as a shooter. If he can shoot ~36% from distance, he might break the league.

Defensively he's been much improved. I do wonder how he stands up in a playoff situation where teams zero in on any weakness .... remember Gobert got played off the court by the Clippers. I think that's the next hurdle for him to get over .... and I'm not going to bet against him.

(Am I becoming a Sengun OnlyFan?!)

OremLK, ilias and topfive like this.
  15. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

It really sucks how our fans bring up #28 like 95% of the time. Our Jalen only gets a shoutout 5% of the time – that's just not right.

16. marinara

marinara Member

17. marinara

marinara Member

Maybe cos one is playing consistently while the other isn't.

I don't care who becomes the best player as I am a Houston Rockets fan.

Not a Jalen Green only fan, not a Sengun OF, not a TMAC of, not a YAO of etc.

I couldn't give a **** if Houston traded for bench warmer and the dude becomes the best player.

Who seriously gives a **** as long as the team you support is improving.

Guys like you are mad weird and I'm almost certain you get off to being a troll.

MAD WEIRD BRO

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

My remarks are not specifically directed at player #28 and Jalen; they concern the broader strategy of resource allocation in anticipation of potential trades ahead of the deadline or in the subsequent offseason. The intention is for Jalen to remain as our cornerstone franchise player. It is to our lasting detriment that we overlook the support he requires amid challenging periods. We must acknowledge that Jalen's status as the second overall draft pick necessitates a considered and patient approach to realize his full potential. Conversely, the 16th pick occupies a different tier, where decisions regarding tenure with the team are often influenced by a variety of factors that render their position more fluid and disposable.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The ignore feature is your friend.

I don't think it'll be long before that troll gets banished from the realm.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. Rokman

Rokman Member

Do I understand you correctly in saying that since Jalen was the 2nd pick in the draft and Sengun was the 16th pick that the Rockets (and fans) should value Green higher than Sengun? If so, that is some of the most narrow-minded and underdeveloped logic that I have ever heard. How would you feel about Green if the Rockets had used the 2nd pick on Sengun and the 16th pick on Green? Would you now have a softened stance on Green and be willing to move him without much concern?

#420 Rokman, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    cmoak1982 and jim1961 like this.