1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I think the Nets are really going to struggle this year which should open up some opportunities with those picks.

xaos and OremLK like this.
  2. TheBeastSystem

trade alp posts r stupid

3. fattz

fattz Member

What is Green’s value around the league? He is becoming odd man out if he doesn’t show growth quickly and constantly. Van Fleet can play off ball, too. No one is going to touch his new contract anytime soon so he is a Rocket for a while. If Amen is to good to keep waiting => things should look different sooner then later.

4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

My hope is that we can turn Tate (maybe with some SRPs attached) into some more shooters and a post player (like Sam Hauser, Isaiah Joe, & Luke Kornet) via a 3 team with OKC & BOS.

BOS: Tate (HOU) + SRP (via HOU)
    OKC: Champagnie (BOS) + SRP (via HOU) + $$$ via BOS buy out Champagnie
    HOU: Hauser (BOS) + Joe (OKC) + Kornet (BOS)

Hauser & Joe are +38% on 3's IIRC. Kornet is a plus defender who averages 2 blocks per 36 minutes. Kornet was a good 3 point shooter early in his career, but it has fallen off.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

Stone has balanced out the roster all the while making it a challenge to earn playing time. I understand the Jeff Green acquisition => leadership off the court. Wish Garuba was still with us. I know his contract would be hard to work with because Green and Sengun come due at the same time as his. Yes Garuba will not get close to the other two but still needs paid.

6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Trade Tate. I don't for who or what. But please find this man a new home.

7. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

OUT ---> Jalen Green, Kevin Porter Jr, Jae Sean Tate

IN --> Zion Williamson

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

They got nothing of note done this offseason. They look mid-lottery to me, barring any surprises. I see Mikal regressing a bit from his post-ASB play.

The best hope they have is for Ben Simmons to magically get himself right (mind and body), or somebody else to have a crazy breakout. Other than that, I think the pick's gonna be good.

fattz and Hemingway like this.
  9. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Rockets have been smart with some team option contracts for next season with KPJ, Green and Landale - that's $31 million plus we have Tate's contract which is super tradeable at $7 million - so we have the ability to trade for $38 million basically a max salary with some of our cap room added without even counting our picks - Zion? Brown?

10. R=$

R=$ Member

11. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I get that some people are tired of the Sengun/Jokic comparisons, but suggesting to trade Sengun for Nic Claxton is one hell of an overcorrection.

12. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

Nic Claxton is the best defense oriented/rim running center under age 25 according to the advanced metrics like VORP and Raptor. It may not be an even trade straight up, but would you expect Stone to do any better?

xaos likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Green’s value is at it’s highest now while the next team has control over his contract. His usage is high keeping his numbers high. His value is going to drop this upcoming season because the offense is now FVV’s. His lack of skills and development will show because he will be forced to do more. (He hasn’t shown the ability in the past => can’t or won’t looks the same). Our team has more options as we move forward.

here me, he is an amazing player that has untapped potential and talent, he may even be an all star on day. I don’t want to max him out because I think we have others that make our team better. More complete and better long term options because of being a well rounded players => Amen (all star 2 way & Cam (2 way). Max contracts go to Sengun then Smith (FVV contract will be over). Mean while KPJ starts (no tantrums) and the rookies get more burn.

Green
    For
    4 or 5 FRPs

dfbreyes likes this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is one of those posts that could look genius or completely foolish in a couple years. Looking forward to finding out which it is!

xaos and fattz like this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Me too. Stone, Patrick & Lucas have some hard decisions to make. Green maybe the next big thing, an all star for the next ten years+ OR a 6th man that flashes greater than average talent every so often but can’t produce consistently. This season will determine his future.

— With FVV & Brooks getting theirs, Green’s game is going to change (good or bad, IDK).

— If he wasn’t on our team I would not be a fan of his. Off and on the court he is not a franchise leader, IMO. (Not trying to gaslight, just don’t think other players would want to follow him, from what has been witnessed)

— We (the Rocket’s organization) needs to get the greatest value back on our investment, so now is the time to part ways with Green. Don’t just give him away but don’t hold on to long, because (IMO) he is a depreciating asset.

— if trading him looks like more of the same from this off season, than just keep him.

Williamson likes this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You have a 21 year old SG worth 4-5 FRP's and looking like a future All Star and you trade him while trying to build a team? Why, because you personally couldn't wait till the all star break to just actually see how these players perform next season?

Also Amen is a PG. If he's playing really well, it's our PG's that we'd have to move.

hlmbasketball and kpdark like this.
  17. kpdark

kpdark Member

and Cam should be slotted to SF in the long run

hlmbasketball likes this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

FUTURE CAP SPACE Sengun and Smith are both max players add Thompson and there is no room for Green. Playing the long game he doesn’t fit. Short game is messy too.
    No one is going to touch FVV contract. Plus he plays selfishly and not a good teammate - person according to his former teammates. FVV will be a Rocket for the next few seasons which works well because FVV can play off ball, too. & pair with Amen.
    Brooks is not going to be easy to move. We over paid. He is not going to come off the beach either. We have Smith & Sengun, TOO. So moving him to the other forward won’t work. Unless Sengun comes off the bench paired with Eason.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter the future cap space, we can just wait till the trade deadline. If he's a SG worth 4-5 FRP's, of course he fits next to Amen. If FVV doesn't fit, you just move him next summer when he's an expiring contract.

You're jumping to really unusual conclusions when we can just... watch them play and keep the best ones.

xaos likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

Green’s trade value is going to dive because of his lack touches. Brooks is going to take what is left after FVV gets his. Can Green do more than score? 1) can he play off ball? 2) will he play team defense? We haven’t seen either and if can’t do both his trade value will drop. That is why now is the time to move him.