1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Wait. THREE MORE YEARS?

AAAAAYYIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee...................

[​IMG]

2. theDude

theDude Member

You’re probably lust looking at a player-for-player swap that balances out the rosters. I think he would add value to a lot of teams that need to solidify their defense. Especially those with playoff aspirations. The Hawks come to mind, as well.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

It never has been a bad contract. He is a good role player. He is just blocking 3 guys that are more important to our future in Amen, Cam, and Tari. If we really want to find out about those 3 guys before they are knocking on the door for more money, we should start right away. Not only that, two are already better than Brooks and one just needs to improve his defense to be better as well. Brooks needs to go and we will not have to give up positive assets to trade him. I think the Heat and Lakers might be good trade partners for him, although I don’t know if Lebron’s ego would allow it.

Y2JT and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Did you know Brooks & Lebron are both signed to Klutch? LOL...

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Ant Simons and #7 for #3, something decent and filler. He’s got 2yrs/$53 mil left on his contract.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Well here is my final thoughts going into the draft.

IF we can’t move towards a number one option then fill the place with role players on team friendly contracts by doing a double trade down. Currently the back 1/3 of our roster is g league players on annual contracts. We receive nothing from this. Let’s start to look for the diamond. We are only on the hook for 2 seasons for a rookie contract then they become team options. Why invest in the top part of this draft and the higher salaries we can’t afford to keep anyway.

Portland
    …for…
    #7 & #14

then
    NYK
    …for..,
    #24 & #25
    …for.,,
    #7, #24 & #25

draft mainly juniors and seniors. Draft what is vs what could be. Remember the goal, we looking for role players to help fill in.
    BPA that feels a need.

Let Stone and the front office go shopping.

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with the first trade. I really don't like the second. There is a major sweet spot in this draft around 5 - 15. Just stick with 7 and 14 and target guys like Knecht, Carter, da Silva, Edey, etc.

MadMax94$ likes this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

We really don’t have minutes for our top pick. I see no reason to get a lot of draft picks. If we move down it will be for one pick and a useful vet or 1 pick this year and 1 future pick. We are already set up to fill out the rest of the roster with rookies with the Net’s future picks. The 24th and 25th pick in this draft are likely to never play a minute of NBA basketball. The 12-15 roster spots make no difference whatsoever. We currently have more rotation worthy players than we have rotation spots.
    FVV
    Jalen
    Amen
    Jabari
    Sengun
    Brooks
    Cam
    Tari
    Adams
    Landale
    #3 pick or useful vet

Mathloom likes this.
  9. fattz

fattz Member

We aren’t keeping everyone so move forward with the thought we will keep the best and move the rest.

jch1911 likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

I hope they move Brooks for sure, but I don’t think it’s a given at all and I certainly don’t think it’s to make room for a bunch of late round rookies. What you are forgetting is that we will absolutely be adding a rookie in 25 and 26 near the top of the draft in good drafts. You are a year early in your plan to backfill the back of the roster. I predict any trade(s) we make are for a vet or future picks not extra picks in this crappy draft.

theDude and MadMax94$ like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jalen Green and filler for Isaac, draft Sheppard

Van-Vleet / Sheppard
    Brooks / Whitmore
    Eason / Thompson
    Isaac / Smith
    Sengun / Adams

Now that’s a run it down your throat ball club if I’ve ever seen one.

Y2JT likes this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Brooks the player is a little better than average Brooks the contract is okayish league wide. For the Rockets we are currently stacked at that position. I don’t want to add more.

know that we will have to trade some core to make the team better. Tari, Cam etc will not help a deal they will make the deal.

Just looking for playable players to fill in.

theDude likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Definitely slanted towards more win now. End up with:

Amen
    Bridges
    Paul George
    Jabari
    Sengun

Whitmore
    Eason
    Adams / Clingon (drafted with 5th pick from the Hornets).

Shore up some more ball handling/playmaking in the mid season. However, that's like a taller version of the current Celtics, although not as good 3 point shooting team and not as much playmaking in the starting lineup.

#2393 dmoneybangbang, Jun 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Okay, given that that Malik Monk Instagram post is anything but subtle, he’s either gonna be a rocket or he’s intentionally f#cking with Houston.

Sac is going to lose Monk in free agency because they can’t pay him what he’ll end up signing for. Sac has to be thinking that it’s better if they can work out a sign and trade where they recoup some value.

Dillon Brooks and something else of value for a resigned Malik Monk?

Sac needs a small forward and they need defense. Dillon is a Mike Brown type of player. I don’t think it’s that crazy of an idea.

Rudyc281, jch1911 and theDude like this.
  15. theDude

theDude Member

HOU out: Jalen Green + Brooks + 2 SRP
    ATL out: Dejounte Murray + DeAndre Hunter

HOU in: Murray
    ATL in: Green + Brooks
    CHA in: Hunter + 2 SRP

Houston begins the consolidation to open up minutes for young players that deserve it.

Atlanta gets a guard and forward that aren’t redundant. Gives their roster more balance.

Charlotte gets Hunter to replace Miles Bridges without giving up anything and receive a few picks. They can just let Bridges walk and not have to associate themselves with him anymore.

16. fattz

fattz Member

They are starting to move their assets around for better fitting pieces. Making some of their development work redundant. Wallace looks more available today than two days ago. Maybe we can help each other out. IDK, just hide and watch OKC from a far. Still more butts than seats up there in the near future.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

In my view, when you're selecting from the top of the draft, the objective should be to always bring in a player that you think could rival your current players and maybe even take their job. In this draft there are a couple of guys who appear to have that ability.

• Sarr looks like he could take Smith's job at the 4.
    • Sheppard looks like he could potentially take VanVleet's job when his contract is up.
    • Castle looks like a possible Green replacement though the shooting doesn't excite me.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am going to be as nice as i can when i say this. Buttttt everyone that keeps proposing lineups where none of Jalen Green, Jabari Smith, Amen Thompson nor the potential 3rd pick this year is starting can all go to hell.

Jokes aside you can write "short stories" on here about that happening and it never would. Do you guys actually think Stone is going to have 4 top 4 picks and start none of them for players like Isaac or start Brooks at SG. Suuuuure lol

Mathloom and Corrosion like this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

For whatever reason, it looks like Bleacher Report posted the Hawks logo over ours, haha.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Would of been nice