1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2022-23

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 27, 2022.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

This hurts our pick this year so utah would need to add draft capital, also utah wouldn’t want any of those guys, zero

Carpe82, RasaqBoi and Yung-T like this.
  2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The hell do we need a crappy old ballhog for?

3. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

oh that hurts. I thought our team needs a real mentor PG.

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

ok.....what does that have to do with schroder?

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not necessarily advocating this trade, but just wondered if it were possible (which it is) after reading this:

So you can expect the Nets to pursue trade opportunities ahead of the February deadline. In the days before Saturday’s brutal loss to the Indiana Pacers, the Nets had been in cursory talks with one Western Conference team about a deal that would return a veteran shooter, per SNY sources. Ben Simmons’ name came up in the talks, sources say. – via SportsNet New York

Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Ben Simmons
    26 year old, 6-10, 240 lb PF from LSU
    6.2 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 7.3 apg in 31.8 minutes in 2022-2023

Outgoing Players

[​IMG] Eric Gordon
    33 year old, 6-3, 215 lb G from Indiana
    12.4 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 31.8 minutes in 2022-2023
    [​IMG] Jae'sean Tate
    27 year old, 6-4, 230 lb F from Ohio State
    8.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.3 apg in 22.7 minutes in 2022-2023
    [​IMG] Boban Marjanovic
    34 year old, 7-4, 290 lb C from KK Vrsac Swisslion (Serbia)
    1.3 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.3 apg in 3.0 minutes in 2022-2023

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No thanks to chemistry killer Ben Simmons. He's probably on a huge contract too.

Yung-T and Deckard like this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

If we want our Nets picks to be good. We should be trying to get them to keep Simmons. Dude has a hurt back, now hurt knee. The fact that his large salary ties up their cap space for several years, also means they have less financial maneuverability to improve their roster.

Giving them an expiring Gordon, Boban contracts helps them, not hurt them.

#347 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    withmustard, xaos, theDude and 2 others like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If that isn't obvious you haven't been paying attention.

It's the same reason they sat John Wall for a year and paid him to go away.

Embrace the tank.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I see a lot of people wanting to deal with the Nets ..... and I don't understand why.

I don't see what they could offer that we would want to help them out of their mess.

We literally own them between now and 2027 ....

10. theDude

Supporting Member

Again, I wasn't advocating for the trade, but when I saw that they were discussing a trade for a veteran shooter with a Western Conference team, I wondered if we could have been a possibility. It's not great because of the uncertainty around Simmons. Not to mention there would likely be draft picks going out, too. But while I agree that it will be nice to revel in the disaster that the Nets have become, I don't think them trading away their talent for expiring contracts and draft picks really hurts us going forward. We tore it down and it looks like we will be abysmal for 3-4 years, the same window that we own their draft picks. Plus, that organization doesn't really seem to know what they are doing.

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

EGo and TyTy to the Celtics for Brogdon, please.

Brogdon looks healthy again. Check him out for a refresher on what high-IQ basketball looks like.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Simmons is basically dead salary until he proves otherwise, he has less trade value then Westbrook. They would have to add multiple unprotected picks for us to take ben

red5rocket likes this.
  13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Help me understand the motivation for the Celtics in this deal??

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

To hurt the rockets?

15. xaos

xaos Member

I don't think it's something we should push for, but it's something to keep an eye out for. Durant is still on their team who knows what kind of package a team trade to get Durant on their team. Sure, he is not going to get anywhere near the package he wouldve gotten a few years ago. But, is Scottie Barnes available? Is Evan Mobley available? Ingram? Probably less than 5% chance of happening and crazier things have happened. But if they are wouldn't you want us to land them instead of Nets? How many of the Nets picks would you give the Nets back for those players?

In the more likely event where young talents like Barnes/Mobley/Ingram aren't even on the table but other really appealing players are if we get in the mix of a Nets trade we can have a small influence over what direction they take by getting the players over Nets picks. If they have a 3 year window to bottom out because this year both of us will be a bottom team, plus they get their own 24/25 picks we could increase our odds to ~40-50% for Victor or Scoot.

So, ultimately the Harden trade gets us Eason/Scoot or Wemby (double the odds at them)/young player in Durant trade/26/27 Nets pick&swap. Not a bad return.

The Nets picks are premium assets and even MORE premium assets to the Nets since they can actually influence how valuable they are. So, any trade involving their picks needs to be an absolute win for us. It needs to be highway robbery.

theDude likes this.
  16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

What do you think about D'Angelo Russell and a 2024 FRP for Gordon, Boban, and Garry Bird?

Russell is an expiring contract, Boban has no role, and Bird plays a position where there's a glut (and he makes more sense to move than JC)

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Picks?

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I would do it if we were getting the pick snd then buying out Russell, otherwise no chance in hell. He is HORRIBLE so giving up a pick for him is utterly asinine

19. dmoneybangbang

I’m still targeting the Knicks with EG.

EG for Fournier + Knicks 2023 FRP (Mavs)

Knicks upgrade with more of a two way combo guard with the ability to offer a new contract.

Rockets get a shooter, and a contract with an additional year compared to EG for a FRP.

xaos likes this.
  20. theDude

Supporting Member

Not sure why they give up a FRP. They are pretty even production-wise, but the fact that Russell is younger makes him the more desirable player.

Corrosion likes this.