1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You take on the salary to get hold of the picks...

That is kind of the point of those trades, not to get Love or Wiggins!!

Corrosion, D-rock and fattz like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

Would the Pacers do this?
    Sabonis
    For
    Gordon (House if they want him) & 3 FRP (23 & 24 then 2022 Detroit FRP)

may seem like an overpay to some the rebuild looks solid

Porter (Green) Tate / Wood / Sabonis

Work with the undrafted / g league / foreign players for pennies on the dollar. Find then sign more Tate / Martin / Thomas type deals.

General Wall’et finds a place to hide till he comes off the books at this same time Porter & Wood will be looking to get paid. OR he takes a VERY team friendly buy-out that can stretch. IF General Wall’et don’t like this treatment THAN he shouldn’t pick up his player option.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMFAO!

peleincubus and roslolian like this.
  4. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Trade 1.

Grizzlies get Gordon, House, no. 23, no. 24, 2023 unprotected FRP via Bucks

Rockets get Brandon Clarke, no. 17

Trade 2.

Celtics get Patrick Beverley

Clippers get John Wall

Rockets get Luke Kennard, Serg Ibaka (waive), Al Horford.

--------------------------

Trade 1.

Why the Grizzlies do it.
    IMO Eric Gordon is the perfect vet compliment piece to this Grizzlies team. Along with Brooks, him and Gordon could definitely cover for a lot of Ja's defensive issues. Gordon has proven to be an excellent role player who can fill a number of roles. With adequate ball handling skills and an excellent shooter. Gordon should fit right in, in a position of need while Desmond Bane comes up to speed.
    They move back from 17 but get 23 and 24 and also an unprotected 2023 pick from the Bucks which could end up being pretty good if Giannis decides Milwaukee isn't the place he wants to be.
    Giving up Clarke hurts, however they seem to have a lot of faith in Xavier Tillman and Jontay Porter could be given a few reps next season.

Why the Rockets do it.
    Brandon Clarke could fall straight into the starting lineup providing defense and rebounding in a forward spot the Rockets should be looking to fill this off season. While not the youngest guy, he does fit the rebuilding timeline along with Christian Wood.
    Another pick just outside the lottery is ideal for a rebuilding team, where they would target someone like Usman Garuba, Isaiah Jackson or Kai Jones.

Trade 2.
    Why the Celtics do it.
    What's better than one Marcus Smart? 2 Marcus Smarts! This may not be exactly accurate but it isn't far from the truth either.
    With the trade of Kemba, the Cs have a pg hole on the roster where either Smart or Beverley would be able to walk right into.
    While Horfords "homecoming" is a nice story, being able to get off that money would be ideal.
    They have to pay a 2nd round pick to do so.

Why the Clippers do it.
    Could Reggie Jackson be the answer for the Clippers at the 1 spot? Maybe. But the Clippers don't give up a lot by rolling the dice on John Wall. Wall showed flashes of his former self in his first season back from injury. Wall was dedicated while he played, however when the injury bug hit the whole team, it was hard for him to succeed.
    Kennard hurts, but this draft is very deep, especially in terms of guards, where someone like Josh Christopher, Joel Ayayi or Quentin Grimes should be available at the Clippers 25. Serge is going in for back surgery which could put him out for the whole of next season.

Why the Rockets do it.
    They get off of Walls contract by taking on a role player who does fit their timeline (along with Wood and Brandon Clarke). And take on Horfords, also bad but not quite as bad as Walls, contract.
    Horford could actually provide this team with the vet leadership that would be lost by Wall and Gordon. If the Rockets rebuild goes better than expected, he could even help the team to push for a play in spot.. maybe.

Line up after the trades:

Celtics - Smart/Brown/Fournier/Robert Williams

Beverley/Langford/Nesmith/Tristan Thompson/Moses Brown

Clippers -
    Wall/Mann/Kawhi/PG/Zubac

Reggie/no.25/Batum/Morris/Cousins

Rockets -
    KPJ/no.2 (Green)/Tate/Brandon Clarke/Wood

Augustine/Khyri Thomas/KJ Martin/no.16 (Garuba)/Horford

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I know that. What are the lengths of their contracts?

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

In which year of their rookie scale contracts do young players most often break out?

Don't the 2 duds both only have 2 years left?
    You take on the contracts to get the talent since we aren't contending for a title on the back of 1 top 5 pick in the next 2 years.

There is a good chance 2-3 of the top 5 picks are busts. That is just history speaking. Why not increase the chance of getting a non-bust by taking on bad contracts? We aren't contending anyway....

Grizzlyshark and fattz like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Dame to 76ers, Simmons to Blazers seems like a no brainer now.

8. fattz

fattz Member

I was trying to rehome Wall and Miami is the place for him. Iguodala and Dragic for Wall it makes the Heat’s #’s go to the green. They are both on team options making a simple straight up trade possible. Both could be moved at the trade deadline for a smaller asset or a reasonable buy-out. What is crazy is Wall could actually help them.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would not give up ANY draft picks.

10. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

The draft picks are both for Herro and getting off of Wall's contract. I would trade the Wizard's protected pick instead of the Portland one and Milwaukee's is fine if the Rockets believe they get their guy with the Portland pick. Also, trading Wall's salary and having Iggy and Dragic on expiring deals is a major win in terms of clearing up cap space. Also, can flip Iggy and Dragic later on

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

No thanks, I'll ride with Wall for another season and keep our picks.

roslolian and DCHAMP like this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Would absolutely do this in a heartbeat. Gets Wall away from this young team (especially our new draft pick if it's Suggs or Green) and we bring in a solid young piece for a rebuilding squad.

Williamson likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would consider, but only if we can send Iggy and Dragic to 3rd/4th teams for draft picks in this draft.

So who do you draft at #2 after making this trade?

This is too deep a draft to throw away picks for an inconsistent problem child backup like Herro.

Another guard lacking defense just churns my guts.

14. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

I want to draft Jalen Green, but having Herro on the team would be a win because he also would fit the timeline. I'm ready for the new era. Wall, Gordon, and House should be up for grabs. Anyways, Heat aren't going to move Herro unless for the right deal, and I truly doub't they'd think Wall and Gordon move the needle. Heat lack draft picks though, so I'm sure they'd glady welcome some tho

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I think Suggs is the best pick. I won't be mad about any of the 3, but I've been very vocal against drafting Green because of all the question marks.

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Let's be honest - the odds are very strongly in favour of Herro being better than anything we get at pick 23 or 24.

But I might only trade 1 pick, happy enough to bench Wall and let him sit forever. 1 mid 20s pick for Herro is worth a shot. Herro as 6th man might work?

Wall for Dragic/ Iguodala is a wash. If anything, the Heat win that part.

18. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Been playing around with the Miami trade.. God I have too much fun with that trade machine.

Miami get Wall, Eric Gordon

Magic get Tyler Herro, Danuel House, #23, #24

Rockets get Gary Harris, Iggy, Horford, #8, decline Avery Bradley's player option (or trade to C's)

Celtics get Dragic, sign Fornier to 4 years $15m per

Line up:
    KPJ/Moody(#8)/Tate/Mobley(#2)/Wood

Augustine/Harris/Khyri/KJ/Horford

With Armoni Brooks ready to take DJ's spot.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wall isnt some cancer he is a standup dude with good leadership skills and great community presence. Money and playing ability aside he is a good influence on the squad.

You dont want everyone to be young you want some vets there to provide guidance.

Corrosion and JamalP. like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah Herro has fallen to the dark side and become portions 2.0 with bad attitude and no work being done in the gym. I'd rather start go with a fresh faced rookie last thing you want is a hard partyer becoming buddy buddy with our young core.

You know how impressionable KPJ is rn you really want him clubbing with Herro and going to Harden's old stomping grounds?

DrNuegebauer likes this.