1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. allanivan

allanivan Member

with c wood two year high value contract, I think this season before the trade deadline or before the that will be the best time to trade him. if we want go with him into the rebuilding we will have to pay him big money next season before he leave for free.

2. allanivan

allanivan Member

wo
    would love flip wall for Porzingis if the wood trade happens. he is very young and coach Silas may have a way to utilize his ability on the court to the best like he did in Dallas

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ok - here we go, one totally random trade proposal! Pulling together a bunch of suggestions from other places (no credit to me, I'm just compiling ideas of others).

3-way trade
    Charlotte gets Christian Wood

New York Knicks get Eric Gordon, DanUel House and pick # 24

Houston gets PJ Washington, pick #11 (from CHA) and pick #19 (from NYK)

Bench John Wall for next season unless/ until he agrees to a buyout.

Renounce rights/ team options to anyone not named Kelly Olynyk

Draft assets: Picks 2/ 11/ 19/ 23
    Cap space: $14-15M (includes the cap hold on Olynyk of $19.2M, which would mean we could potentially sign someone for up to $14-15M and then exceed the cap to keep Olynyk with his bird rights.

Possible roster (not a lot of thought on rookies - just whomever was around the pick levels and could shoot

PG Kev Porter | Augustin | Dosunmo (#23 - let him play GLeague and develop)
    SG ?Springer/Butler (#19 - combo guards who can shoot and play defence) | Khyri Thomas
    C Olynyk | Mobley (#2 - let him start on the bench and ease his way into an impactful NBA career?)
    PF Washington | Martin Jr
    SF Tate | Kispert (#11 - I dunno, but he can shoot!!)

Alternate facts
    PG Kev Porter | Augustin |
    SG Green/ Suggs (#2 - whichever you prefer) | Khryi Thomas
    C Olynyk | Sengun (#11 - not sure about his shot, but huge potential)
    PF Washington | Martin Jr | Greg Brown (#23 - or trade back if he is falling? High level talent to send to the GLeague)
    SF Tate | $15M cap space 3nD guy (eg Otto Porter Jr?) | Z WIlliams (#19 - super talent, needs time - send to GLeague?)

Part of me prefers the alternate facts lineup, more bust possibility by far, but all 4 of the draft picks have wild potential. We'd need to find a big guy to plug the middle on occasion with the alternate facts lineup.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need MORE defense, not less.

No thanks to Porzingas.

Rudyc281, saleem and DCHAMP like this.
  5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Christian Wood is our best player on our team, We should hope that he becomes a major Franchise player this coming season.
    No need to trade him for anything.

CHAMPBOY, Jwise44, ilias and 2 others like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Barely making playoffs is hardly utilizing Porzingas to his best.

Did you even watch the Mavs?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

Gordon, Wood & 24 (and / or 23 if needed)
    For
    Wiggins, 7 & 14

GSW
    Plug and chug both fit and help the championship core. Dividing Wiggins contract into smaller tradable pieces.

Us
    We get long term help from the draft & Wiggins all be it overpriced is a good player. Better timeline with the 2, 7, 14 and (forgotten #1 can’t miss next LaBron —> Wiggins) blended with Tate / Martin / Porter / Brooks / Thomas

the X Factor —> As the team matures we still have the general himself John “tank commander” Wall that will help lead us to the lottery next year, too, for even more talent.

Thank you Mr. Wall

8. allanivan

allanivan Member

yeah I did consider he only turn 26 in August this year with three year of 90mil left on his contract with the history he had with coach silas , he is actually a much better asset compare to j wall and we want do what OKC did to us which is buy low and sell high.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. allanivan

allanivan Member

I post the similar proposal with Wiseman come to us and d house goes to them. may be that was too much

10. fattz

fattz Member

Nice addition by subtraction in House and Wiseman fits the rebuild.
    2 #1’s (Wiggins & Wall)
    2 #2’s (Wiseman & ???)

11. allanivan

allanivan Member

mobley and we are set to go... not really i like jalen green more and we should try one of these potential bust C/PF to try develop them, may be Bagley? cause we have all the rebuilding time in the world right?lol

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Id love to draft Green or Suggs and then parlay Wood and an asset into Mobley. Wood is a very skilled player but I want to sell high. Something about Wood turns me off in regards to building our young team around him.

allanivan likes this.
  13. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Same I had it with Oubre instead of Wiggins since they value wigs more. However idk anymore lacob is on record saying they don’t want overall salary above 400 which they’d be above due to repeater if they have Curry, klay, dray, wigs, wood, ego. I think they’ll shed salary just not sure how yet.

D-rock and allanivan like this.
  14. allanivan

allanivan Member

I don't know if you can do that with Oubre with sigh and trade in draft night. well I'm ok with dray instead of Wiggins if we can net Wiseman and those two picks. warriors need to win now with splash brothers and wood and a healthier salary structure. it will be hard for the owner to pay Oubre and those two pick and not getting any better instantly.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Olynyk does everything that Porzingas does (except rim protect) but he does it for a fraction of the cost.

Rather move Porzingas to 3rd team for assets or another young player but with much more defense.

allanivan likes this.
  16. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Houston, Sixers, OKC 3 way trade

Houston receives Ben Simmons, George Hill, Thybulle
    Sixers receive: Wood, Kemba
    Thunder receives: John Wall, Tyrese Maxey, and Shake Milton, future FRP from Sixers.

Houston gets out from Wall's contract, saves about $10M off the cap to resign Olynyk, drafts Mobley to play the four. Simmons was still good during the regular season. If Simmons somehow gets better, then this is the ultimate buy low situation. Thybulle is an intriguing prospect considering his defensive abilities. I personally believe Simmons can be rehabilitated.

OKC trades Kemba's $34M contract for Wall's $41M contract, but gains two promising young players in Milton and Maxey as well as a FRP.

Sixers gets away from the dumpster fire situation that is Ben Simmons, Wood showed great promise last year, and Kemba can still be really effective if he's healthy.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfyzumzk

D-rock likes this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Would you do 2 and 23 or 24 for ORL’s 5 and 8 ?

I would probably do that . Dunno if ORL would

18. allanivan

allanivan Member

agree if that's possible to include a third team. I like olynyk a lot and the way he played under the Silas system he is much better than Porzingis..

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like this trade a lot better if Wood not included.

Embiid-Wood-Tobias is a poor defensive unit anyway, especially when switching.

20. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member