1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If the lakers get desperate and offer westbrooks and two future firsts for wall, you have to take that right?

saleem, fattz and jcmoon like this.
  2. beardsanity713

Lakers fans are the worst most delusional fan base ever in any sport
    Twitter is going crazy with these Wall for Westbrook trades.

jcmoon likes this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

in one second, but the most they'd offer is one first and you do that immediately too. This would be the most hilarious thing ever to watch russ back here. wall is definately an upgrade for them with his defense and 3 point shooting. They have nothing to lose at this point.

heck i'd trade wall for russ + two second rounders. that works too.

joshuaao, Dobbizzle, theDude and 2 others like this.
  4. jcmoon

lakers, new york, and clippers are good targets for trades with us, teams that could pay the tax too.

saleem likes this.
  5. beardsanity713

Only team this benefits is the Lakers I'm not sure they even have the draft capital to trade picks.
    && why why would the Rockets bring back a guy who demanded off the team & is even worse than the guy we have already

6. jcmoon

just for the picks. we're tanking anyways. and i don't think there's any other trade for wall. Even this summer its unlikely as teams will want to get rid of at least one bad contract for the expiring wall. We're probably best off just buying him out next year or letting him play as we're trying to make the playoffs next year.

even if they are two second rounders 5 years from now, its something. i'd be shocked if we could find any other trade for wall that we'd take.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Plus maybe Westbrook will take a buyout to not rot on our bench

joshuaao, theDude, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’d only do it if Russ agrees to waive his player option in a buyout. That’s not happening so the Rockets would be in the exact same spot but with a more vocal “superstar”. Idk if a couple of 2nd round picks are worth the headache.

saleem likes this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Maybe just me, but I do it for one FRP (even lightly protected) and a second. I mean, why not? You're paying out the same money anyways, situation doesn't change a whole lot. At least you get some picks here.

joshuaao, theDude and Pringles like this.
  10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Bring back the amnesty clause- I believe we used on Luis Scola to help clear space for Dwight Howard.

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Here's some Wall for Westbrook trade speculation... https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/12...ussell-westbrook-houston-rockets-john-wall/4/

The question is not Wall's fit with Lakers, but where does Westbrick end up. Here's this writer's thoughts...

"The first possible destination is that this could end up being a three-team deal with the Philadelphia 76ers involving Ben Simmons. John Wall goes to Los Angeles, Ben Simmons to Houston, and Russell Westbrook to Philadelphia.

The money works, the Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Lakers Lakers would be happy, but it is very hard to believe that the 76ers would be happy pairing Westbrook with Joel Embiid and Tobias Harris.

The second possibility is that the Rockets just brings back Westbrook and then he becomes their problem. This is the best-case scenario for the Lakers, but there is a 0.001% chance that the Rockets would want to bring Russ back only to bench him, something that Houston is currently doing with John Wall.

The last possibility that is a stretch, but could actually work, is moving Russell Westbrook for John Wall, but sending Westbrook to New Orleans as part of a three, possibly four-team trade. The Pelicans have been terrible this season and while they have Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson, this team needs a third star and more importantly, they need to fix their backcourt.

How the Pelicans would move pieces and salaries around to bring in Westbrook is a whole different story, but the fit may be crazy enough to actually work.

Ingram and Williamson are both very athletic, young players, and given the abilities Russ has to push the pace and run in transition, maybe becoming one of the faster-paced teams in the league is something that would be intriguing to the Pelicans.

Again, take this with a grain of salt because it is unlikely to happen, but New Orleans could hypothetically get rid of Jaxson Hayes, Josh Hart, Devonte’ Graham, and Tomas Satoransky to make this trade work. Most of those players are ones the Houston Rockets could be interested in bringing in as part of their rebuild."

Any of this looks like a stretch, the Clippers speculation appears more likely, but damn I can't imagine how crazy this board would go if Russ came back here.

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yeah. None of this is happening. Now that Kemba is playing better it is clippers or bust for Wall. No way Rockets are taking on Westbrook and neither will anyone else with a brain. Gordan and Wood are still our only players with positive trade value. Lakers have no way to get a difference maker unless there is a buyout they can pick up.

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Ok, here's a random trade idea, that jettisons Wall contract and finds EG a place to contribute towards a surprise play-off team in the East. TF can work at least one (Ibaka) buyout, potentially two (either Bledsoe or Horford). We also send Wood out and pickup two players and 3 picks. Osman is a decent SF/PF type who'll help us corner the Turkish fan base (lol). Winslow is a home-town buy low player to see if he has anything left. It's not perfect trade for us, but hopefully it brings in some assets that are easier to move or buyout and some more picks a little further down the road.

upload_2021-12-26_9-57-44.png

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t mind Westbrook coming back here along with picks. He’s a great fit for a team that’s not actually trying to win.

ilias and jcmoon like this.
  15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

How does this benefit Houston?

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I can see what he was trying to do, but not enough for Wood and we don’t really need to get rid of Wall, although it would be nice. I don’t think we move Wood. Doubt we do much of anything unless we somehow can get in on facilitating the Simmons trade not to us.

xaos likes this.
  17. theDude

Supporting Member

It gets them three additional draft picks for the price of $8MM in 2023. It’s not a bad idea unless it hinders signing a FA that year that the Rockets have their sights set on. The extra picks could help them trade for a player better than anyone available via free agency that year, so it’s not an instant “no” for me.

Shark44 likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Any trades for guys wearing #0? If we land one, Green can change his number to 4! :cool:
    We could even cut the dude, later.

Here’s the list

[​IMG]

#1158 heypartner, Dec 26, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    xaos likes this.
  19. theDude

Supporting Member

Damian Lillard confirmed!

20. xaos

xaos Member

Only if Westbrook agrees to a buyout.

Westbrook is a floor raiser, but hinders championship aspirations. So, by having Westbrook play we lose our draft position to 7-16, stop developing our young guards, and have to find a trade partner for him. Not worth it imo.