1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

You may be on to something with the 3 teams involved - not sure about the makeup

HOU - IND - SAC
    IND: Gordon (HOU) + Bagley (SAC) + protected FRP from BRK (via HOU) Top 10 protected

SAC: Thrilla (HOU) + Wall (HOU) + Theis (HOU) + House (HOU) + FRP from MIA (via HOU)

HOU: Fox (SAC) + Turner (IND) + Hield (SAC) + Brissett (IND)

I love DJ Augustin (no E!), but I could also see replacement vet PG like Delon Wright (ATL) or Tyrus Jones (MEM)

Swipa // DJ A // JayGup
    Scoot // Snipa // Nwaba
    Buckets // G$$$ // Brissett
    Turner // Tate // Spragz
    CWood // Sengawd // Garuba

Heavy Defense / light O: Swipa // Scoot // Tate // Turner // Sengawd (or Garuba)
    Heavy Offense / light D: Swipa // Scoot // Buckets // Turner // CWood
    Raindrops (3's): Snipa // G$$$ // Buckets // Turner // CWood (or Sengawd as facilitator) like 94 / 95 Rox
    Floorburns (when down 10+): DJ A (or JayGup) // Snipa // G$$$ // Sprangz (or Tate) // Sengawd (or Garuba)
    Erasers (solid D... TWSS): JayGup // Tate // Sprangz // Turner // Garuba

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

So a super quick guard with questionable shooting?

Thats Jalen Green, and Fox isn't a player you can build a title contending team around.

I know the stereotype about the Kings ruining players, but once they're broken, they're broken.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. juanming

juanming Member

ESPN trade checker :

ESPN receives : Stephen Silas to tv analyst

Houston receives : Jeff Van Gundy

TRADE ACCEPTED !!!!!

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Tilman: hold on - salaries don't match!!

BallaDoc and Corrosion like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sengun and Sabonis play very similar and play same exact role.

They occupy same spaces on the court, one would have to go.

BallaDoc and xaos like this.
  6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Stating the obvious: under no circumstances do we jump at Turner or Sabonis

This is not how a rebuild works

7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Why do we want to completely REBUILD? Do the Rockets know anything about REBUILDING? With Harden, we almost won a Championship and we did not REBUILD. Harden came from a TRADE, Westbrook? TRADE. PJ Tucker? FREE AGENT and Chris Paul? TRADE. The only main person on that team that almost won a Championship was Capella(draft) We need to WIN at all cost. We can always get young talent in a trade for Gordon, or maybe in a Wall trade. Jalen is a SUPERSTAR in the making and Sengun is a STAR. We have talent on this team and we need to win. Wood needs to be a ALL STAR, Porter and Green need to continue to play together to see if this YOUNG BACKCOURT can work together. We need Sengun to get at least 25 minutes. We need to trade for young talent and hopefully we can get some talented free agent to come to Houston. Stop looking to rebuild through the draft. The FUTURE is Here!!!

Houston77, jch1911 and fattz like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love the FIRE.

fattz likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Put your trades away for CJ.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Helping out Charlotte…
    Porter & Theis
    For
    Plumlee & Bouknight

They get a needed health big and a 6th man that fits with what they already have.

We play Wall,
    open room for Wood at the 5 making room Sengun to start at the 4.
    bump a 4 yr contract into 2 yr contract,
    PLUS pick up lottery talent in Bouknight. (turn a nothing trade and off season signing into lottery pick that fits the rebuild timeline)
    Don’t sign Porter to a big contract (best part of all)

11. xaos

xaos Member

I'm sure if we could trade a Harden-equivalent for Josh Christopher, Wood, 2 mediocre firsts we would make that trade. The problem is which team has a future star ready to breakout that they're willing to trade for that package?

It's like, a person's plan might be to go to college and finish with a degree so they can have a higher paying job, but if someone offered them $250k per year with 10% equity in their stable company I doubt they would tell them: "I'm just trying to finish college, then I might take your offer."

What players do you think are on the trade market that will do what Harden did?

I feel like the Harden comp (comp to almost anything it seems) gets thrown around like it's a common NBA occurrence.

BallaDoc, D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Solomon Hill out for year, expiring contract + 2 SRPs for #4.

Hill gets cut. Matthews gets converted. Additional p/t available for others.

Who sez NO?

Corrosion, BallaDoc, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Anything to move away from #4 is positive. Or save the SRP and just cut House he is an expiring anyway.

D-rock and xaos like this.
  14. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Zion Williamson for John Wall Jalen Green and Kevin Portet Jr

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Fox has also been in top 20 of assists in 3 of 5 seasons in the league thus far.
    He has also been top 20 in steals 3 of 5 seasons.
    His eFG & TS% were all headed up prior to this season.
    I think a change of scenery to HTown could do wonders for him.
    He doesn't have to be centerpiece of a title contender because he can be an extremely valuable contributor.
    Also, Kenny Smith ;) and his 2 rings object to your description of broken Kangz players.

The scenario that was bandied about trading Wall & Thrilla to get Fox, Hield, and Bagley (esp. if Bagley & Gordon could be flipped for Turner) would be TOO attractive IMHO to turn down.

That being said, I think Thrilla was just starting to figure it out prior to his injury. So I hope sitting on the bench has instilled a new work ethic & perspective on the game in him.

All just wild speculation on a fan board

Denovo and D-rock like this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that's why they call this The Random Trade thread, people say what's randomly on their minds w/o thinking.

17. xaos

xaos Member

Zion is not going to have a long career. One of his comps was Shawn Kemp and I agree... but I didn't expect him to get to Orlando Shawn Kemp after being Seattle Kemp for a quarter of a season

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

getting 2 SRPs is unattractive to you?

19. dmoneybangbang

Need some paragraphs.

So you anti rebuilders are hoping lightning strikes twice in the same location….

Corrosion likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

I didn’t think House could get that kind of return. I honestly thought we would be giving them.

BallaDoc, dmoneybangbang and D-rock like this.