1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets are on target to be worst team in history of NBA, how much further up the draft do you believe is necessary?

Just trade for the All Star.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If you trade for Simmons now, we won’t be assured a top 5 pick. That is the decision. Do we want one more chance at a franchise player or do we want to be hamstrung by a max contract that seemingly no one in the league is willing to pay the price for. You are not just disagreeing with Stone you are disagreeing with virtually every GM in the league. Simmons is not the answer to help us build for the future. He is a PG that can’t shoot. He doesn’t want to play PF. And why exactly would he show up to play for this team when he won’t show for a championship contender?

DCHAMP likes this.
  3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

say moving up from the heat/nets pick into the middle of the round. similar to what we did this year to get sengun. package some of these assets for a greater one.

Milos likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

The myriad of problems affecting this Rockets team will not be fixed with just one player.

Perhaps the Rockets will not be the worst ever in NBA history.

Addition of Simmons will not keep Rockets out of the top 5 of draft.

Rockets will still lose a ton of games, just MAYBE not in such humiliating fashion.

Coaching matters.

fattz likes this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i wonder if the lakers would trade us back westbrook for wall and attach a first round pick to get rid of russ.....wouldn't that be funny if that happened?

JayZ750, jch1911 and fattz like this.
  6. Sengun

Sengun Member

SAC
    Eric Gordon
    Christian Wood

HOU
    De'Aaron Fox

What do you think?

JayZ750, Rokman and Milos like this.
  7. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

I think the Kings blocks your number.

D-rock, CHAMPBOY, DCHAMP and 6 others like this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

12/15

PHX - Kaminski/Smith 2SRP / Theis.

Frankly, Kaminski is out for most of the year. Smith is a you g’n who cannot get any run. ‘Free’ look at him while FK gets cut, rehabs (for PHX) and resigns there after 90 days.

9. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Daniel Theis for LaMarcus Aldrridge

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

A very minor move, but I wouldn't mind trying to get the draft rights to Rokas Jokubaitis from the Knicks. He reminds me a little of Goran Dragic and is doing very well in Euroleague.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

I've been pulling to get Fox since he came in the league. He's still only 23. I think the King's would have a hard time saying no to that trade but doubt the numbers work. I don't think Houston is interested in moving KPJ to the off guard or forward position. I think they believe he can be Harden-Lite. Im not convinced. I just don't see that deal as something that's going to happen.

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Theis to Memphis for Melton or Tyus Jones. I’d rather have Melton but would be happy with whichever player the Griz were willing to send.

13. dmoneybangbang

We would need to toss in some picks. Not sure how many.

Also not too enthused about a backcourt of Fox and Green.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Eric Gordon (into TPE)+ Christian Wood+DJ Augustin+Theis+Tate+Bucks pick+Miami 1st this year

to Boston for Jaylen Brown and filler.

Sengun/Garuba
    KMJ
    Jaylen Brown/Matthews
    Jalen Green/Brooks
    KPJ/Wall

Although Boston loses Brown, they get a ton of depth for a run at the chip. They also acquire an unprotected first, a 2022 first and a young wing in Tate.

Wood/Theis
    Williams/Horford
    Tatum/Grant Williams
    Gordon/Tate
    Smart/Augustin

Is better than what they are roght now

15. sogood.

sogood. Member

Come on lol, no chance in hell Boston even considers this.

dmoneybangbang and Corrosion like this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not to mention that Boston doesn't have a TPE big enough to absorb EG.

Not only does Boston not have that TPE , there is NO TPE in the league big enough to absorb EG's contact since OKC's Steven Adams TPE of $27.5m expired recently.

Orlando holds the largest current TPE of $17.15m .... That's not enough to take back EG's $18.22m.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Wood, Green, & Porter
    For
    Ball, Bouknight, & Oubre

It’s only $55k apart but can’t happen till 12/15 & I think it’s fair both ways. Only difference is Ball is more of a franchise player at this time.

18. PWR

PWR Member

I want Sam Hauser. I said that we should have drafted him with a late first round pick or buy a second rounder to get him during the past draft. I had him as the 2nd best shooter in the entire draft. Celtics stole him.

He's shooting 48% from three in the GLeague on 8 attempts per game. He's a 6'7" forward from Virginia that can play defense too. He's also a 90% free throw shooter.

Offer them House and a 2nd round pick or whatever it takes. That would give us 4 knock down shooters (EG, Brooks, Mathews, and Hauser).

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lousy Rockets just ripped them a new a-hole and you want to trade for their players?

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nah.

Need Ben Simmons.

KPJ
    EGo
    Matthews
    Simmons
    Wood