1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No we explicitly said they aren’t trading him.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cannot even play all the picks from last draft.

You are insane to think that Silas or ANY new HC will play any more young players unless they are top 5.

And there are no lottery picks in my trade proposal.

3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Not saying we will use those picks...but picks are the BEST trade currency and can be used to land a star...not sure why we'd trade those picks to land us someone who will destroy our cap, cant shoot to save his life, and has the worst attitude...

xaos and Mathloom like this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Simmons would be a fail and he might not even report. I think this next draft is the last one we need to hang on to our picks. At some point, we will have too many youngsters to create a reasonable environment for improvement. All our other picks should be available to either move up in this draft to get Banchero or whoever else the FO deems to be the best available. We should be looking to trade other picks to fill in the roster and/or get a veteran star in 2023. If are going to be paying the max for a player after Wall is gone, it needs to be someone that can shoot and actually wants to play basketball.

Corrosion, DCHAMP and xaos like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because Rockets need help playmaking, transition points and defense.

Simmons provides all those things.

At near elite levels.

Simmons would also all more length to team, manufacture more efficient 3P shots, improve transition efficiency, gravity/space to maximize Green's game, decrease turnovers and improve rebounding.

https://thesixersense.com/2020/03/30/philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-best-3-point-manufacturer/

CF is too focused on what Simmons cannot do, what he can do is exactly what this young team needs.

I hope Stone is open to take advantage of opportunities. Simmons is an opportunity.

BallaDoc and DCHAMP like this.
  6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Man I would trade anyone on our roster minus Green and Sengun for Fox

sirjesse and jch1911 like this.
  7. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

yea i see your viewpoint man, i just think it can help land someone better with those assets...that being said...your right...we still need all those things you mentioned...i just think Simmons is not a player you invest a lot in for many of the reasons listed..what he cannot do overshadows a good amount of what he can do

Corrosion, D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Bingo. Not only that he cripples you cap wise. Would we be better with Simmons, absolutely. Would be contenders or get a top lottery pick this year, no. What’s the point? With Simmons we might win 20 or 25 games and be a mid lottery team. Really a stupid idea unless it’s straight up for Wall which will never happen.

Corrosion and DCHAMP like this.
  9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Morey wants a All Star so he will not trade Simmons to him.

10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Big chess piece for this team is Wood. I think he's the player you have to float around a little and see what offers come your way.

Aside from that, I'm hoping to see a fire sale. House, Gordon, Augustin, and Theis should be gone by the end of it.

11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

So you're excluding the only two players that has value and offering the Kings trash for their young star point guard?

Okay lol.

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

What’s a trade that makes sense for Gordon or Wood? Salary wise.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I agree that Simmons for the right price would be a good addition. the fact is we're not landing anyone as good as him with our 2023 cap space. we're the worst team in the league, no one wants to sign here.

I think I'd change the trade to something like wood, gordon, bucks FRP, heat/nets FRP, for simmons. morey can flip wood for a PG or SF if he wants. maybe in a huge deal for fox, a smaller deal for rozier or derrick white.

simmons-green-tate-(paolo/chet/jabari)-sengun would be competitive I think. since any of the top 3 PFs in this draft, and sengun, can spread the floor they make up for Simmons and tate for a degree. while I wouldn't necessarily want to build around Simmons, we're not exactly competing for a championship for the duration of his contact. if he gets us to the playoffs and makes us a destination which can attract a max salary FA, then he did his job.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets do not have a winning strategy right now.

Need a proven All Star, not to just win now but to have success in future.

No FA of any worth, never mind an All Star, will want to sign with this historically bad Rockets team in 2023.

FO and CF need to stop with the myopia.

15. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

I dont think so either...which is why holding on to those picks matters even more...we will most likely have to trade for a star or sign and trade for one that a different team doesnt want to pay

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Usman Garuba will be better than Tate IMO, defensively AND offensively.

And Tate is just not good enough shooter to maximize space needed for Simmons and Green's game to flourish.

Plus KJ plays same spot as Tate as well.

Love Tate but he's not a great fit with Green.

Both Wood and EGo would be amazing complements to Simmons AND Green.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Which star do you think will be available in 2023?

Simmons is there for the taking right now.

DCHAMP likes this.
  18. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

I see your point. At the same time though, it doesnt necessarily have to be a FA..could be a disgruntled star or someone a team randomly decides to trade like nyc with kristaps a few yrs ago...that being said miles bridges, tyler herro, fred vanvleet..maybe zion requests a trade...or kyrie can be had in 2022 (if the rockets are wiling to take tht risk on)...for what its worth...simmons is a good player, but i dont view him as a "great player"..and unfortunately his "drive" and play in crucial moments leaves something to be desired.

Corrosion likes this.
  19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Simmons
    Buddy Hield
    Bagley III
    Filler
    To Houston

Wall to Philly

EG
    Wood
    House
    Filler
    To Sacramento

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed about tate. he and wood will be 30+ by the time this team gets good. I don't think they're on our timeline. as you said tate isn't really a great fit next to green. I'm ok moving on if it helped move up in the draft.