1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Theis, House, Nwaba, Gordon, & Wall
    For
    New Hopes & Dreams

CriscoKidd likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

This is interesting. Cleveland may not want to pay Sexton, who is due this offseason. They also started to move towards competing this last offseason.

Rubio would be a decent fit as a stabilizing force but is also due for a contract.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not so sure there's a deal out there to be had .... there's not a heck of a lot of contracts that match his that make sense for the other team to give up ($14.575m outgoing from a team over the cap) and to make it work with multiple contracts the Rockets have to clear a roster spot.

I could see them clearing House for no returning player (unless its someone they can waive) but that requires either a 3rd team with cap space or a team with a TPE large enough to take them in , along with a roster spot.

I think House to Milwaukee makes some sense & they have a TPE to fit him in.

That allows you to break that $14.575m into two contracts .... but who's got those contracts they are willing to part with in exchange for EG ? I'm not seeing it right now , maybe someone gets desperate.

D-rock likes this.
  4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Looking at last night's game. There is one player I think who can complete this starting unit AND he will not cost much.....KEVIN KNOX

Wood, Sengun, Green and Porter are good players , all can score at different levels and play effective defense for the most part but the Rockets need a versatile forward whose BIG, who can bring size, shooting, ball handling and a BIGGER defender to the front court.

He's 6'9", 225 lbs., good score, shot blocker and a good court runner. I love Tate's energy, his drive but he would be better served coming off the bench.

I was glad to see the Rockets play a tight game down towards the end and to see how they play. And as I thought they were getting BULLIED down low.

jch1911 likes this.
  5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Not sure about Knox, but I totally agree with you about Tate coming off the bench

D-rock likes this.
  6. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

How do y’all feel about Pat Williams? I haven’t watched enough of his game but he’s a big wing with a relatively good midrange shooting stroke. Not sure how his defense looks but the games I’ve seen of him are intriguing. With him being injured for the year and the lack of depth on the bulls I wonder if there’s some opportunity to get something going.

while I hate trading wood, he’s been an excellent outlet for the young guys, I would want that role in the future to go to green. He should be our bail out option and not wood. Will we find a big that can be utilized as a PNR, vertical threat, and PnP not sure it’s a gamble. I would hope green improved and pat gives you an archetype of big wing with shooting that is rare to find in the league. With our pick this year a guy like bachero or Chet might play the wood role in the future.

anyways how would y’all feel about

wood house nwaba

For

pat will Troy brown jr(out of the rotation) and a first (between Portland’s or future chicago. I’d personally want future chicago)

the bulls add some wing depth and add wood who can start for the team and play the backup big when Vuc sits. They keep white/DJj and the Portland pick to try and go after backup wing like Ross or Gary Harris

7. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -6.2 ppg, +2.0 rpg, and -1.3 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Derrick Jones
    24 year old, 6-6, 210 lb SF from UNLV
    4.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.0 apg in 14.2 minutes in 2021-2022
    [​IMG] Troy Brown, Jr.
    22 year old, 6-6, 215 lb SF from Oregon
    3.8 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.3 minutes in 2021-2022
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Eric Gordon
    32 year old, 6-3, 215 lb G from Indiana
    14.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.7 apg in 26.2 minutes in 2021-2022

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Wood? We want to ADD not take away but Pat Williams is out for the yr

D-rock likes this.
  9. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Yup I know he’s out that’s why I wonder if he’s available.

I really don’t like the idea of trading wood but I think the question we should ask ourselves is 1) is our goal to win in the future then 2) what role will wood play in winning. He gets you volume stats but does he play defense, does he lock down the paint, can he defend in space, can he hit the corner 3 reliably, can he communicate on defense, can he involve others. It’s a question that was asked for John Collins and he showed he was a winning player and not just a volume guy. If you don’t think wood can do the above which I personally don’t believe he can then I think making a move for a potentia big wing while his value is low and additional picks in the future to spread draft allocation is the way to go.

Milos likes this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get the "Wood not being apart of the future" scenarios!

1) Wood is 26
    2) Wood does not have mileage on his body. He played one yr of college and this yr will be his first yr playing a full NBA season.
    3) Wood is a 20/10 big, there isn't a lot of those

So, why trade?

D-rock likes this.
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get the "Wood not being apart of the future" scenarios!

1) Wood is 26
    2) Wood does not have mileage on his body. He played one yr of college and this yr will be his first yr playing a full NBA season.
    3) Wood is a 20/10 big, there isn't a lot of those
    4) Shaq was 25yrs old when he first joined the Lakers
    5) Duncan was 26 when Parker first joined the Spurs

So, why trade Wood?

#731 hlmbasketball, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You guys are crazy , the team is 11.3 points per 100 possessions better defensively with Tate on than off.

That to me sounds like a guy who needs to be on the floor.

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just stop with the Wood trades already.

He is easily the best player on this team.

BallaDoc likes this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I agree he needs to be on the floor, but with the 2nd unit... I think he needs 18 - 20 minutes a night to be effective.

Eventually teams start to bully him when he is playing taller forwards (watch last night's game)

D-rock likes this.
  15. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I agree with you D-rock I think Wood has been a fantastic outlet and emergency valve but is that enough to win in the future? I honestly don’t know and haven’t paid attention to his defense. Has he been keeping up in space, deterring people at the rim and been a creator? I’d value that over straight offense going into the future (not talking about now because he’s for sure been our best player. Gets every bucket when we need him to) from our big spot.

D-rock likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Something to think about…

Tate
    For
    Jaden Johnson

IDK if Hawks would do it, but Tate would help them in the playoffs now. Tate is already what Johnson could become. I think it’s a fit for both teams as it pushes our rebuild and saves us a year because we aren’t going to get a better prospect. J Johnson maybe a star or role player but today Tate is the better of the two but tomorrow is unknown. Johnson is young and locked in on a rookie contract.

Milos likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I've said this before... doubt cleveland does this now but Rubio and Love for wall and house. Wish we did it during off season. Love would mentor the big men and rubio could help mentor the young guys. Rubio would be perfect playing the augistine/wall role.

18. Sengun

Sengun Member

[​IMG]

Simmons - Green - Tate (KJ) - Banchero - Sengun.

BigggReddd likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

DJ Augustin, Danuel House

for

Tomas Satoransky, Nnaji Marshall

jch1911 likes this.
  20. kiwirocketsfan

Culture and chemistry are the main issues people have issues with.

And Wood is no Duncan or Shaq, he's maybe a second option, potentially third