1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

LAC IN: Wall

CLE IN: Kennard, Augustin, Bledsoe

HOU IN: Simmons, Ibaka, Love

PHI IN: Sexton, Gordon, House

18pbr and CHAMPBOY like this.
  2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone lucked out, dodged that bullet.

BIG time.

Unlikely we trade for Porter if Herro deal went through.

saleem, JayZ750 and Grizzlyshark like this.
  4. HealthyHamstring

The Rockets should take advantage of this Andrew Wiggins not being vaccinated thing. The Warriors can't afford to have a guy of that caliber eliminated for all home games, it is too detrimental for them between that and Klay coming back. So what would the Warriors be looking for in a trade partner for Wiggins?

A) A team that can return "win now pieces" to replace Wiggins' production
    B) A team that wouldn't view Wiggins as a necessary winning piece for them due to the vaccination mandate

That's where the Rockets come in AND have leverage, they have 3 win now pieces that exactly match Wiggins salary in Eric Gordon, Danuel House and DJ Augustin and really could care less if Wiggins contributes to a winning effort. Another nice piece of this is his salary lines up with Wall, so they would be on the same expiring schedule.

Rockets Receive:
    Andrew Wiggins
    GSW 1st Round Pick
    Jordan Poole

Warriors Receive:
    Eric Gordon
    Danuel House
    DJ Augustin

#644 HealthyHamstring, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    CVcrew likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Eric Gordon's contract is only partially guaranteed in the 3rd year it has left... so not sure the above takes advantage of anything. I guess Jordan Poole is ok, and a first round pick is a first round pick... but I'd rather have Moody... for taking on Wiggins crazy 2 years remaining.

6. HealthyHamstring

Yeah maybe I am low balling what HOU could receive back, I just think taking advantage of the Wiggins anti-vax situation is opportunistic

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Totally random trade revolving around the same old names that keep getting thrown out there:

Houston Rockets
    In:
    Andrew Wiggins/ James Wiseman/ Eric Bledsoe
    Out: John Wall/ Eric Gordon/ DanUel House/ Usman Garuba
    Why? Taking advantage of helpless prey - the 76ers need to move Simmons somewhere, and the Clippers need some help at point. Paying an asset to the 76ers to facilitate the deal, but receiving back a far better asset from the Warriors in exchange for taking on Wiggins (with availability issues). Nice swap of Wall/Gordon's deals down to Wiggins/ Bledsoe (similar time frames, smaller deals, easier to move later). Bledsoe wouldn't play, Wiggins becomes a buy low sell high asset, and Wiseman is a nice talent as a backup big who can shoot from deep.

Golden State Warriors

In: Ben Simmons/ DanUel House/ Serge Ibaka
    Out: Andrew Wiggins/ James Wiseman/ *either Moses Moody OR (2022 FRP + 2025 pick swap with Philly)
    Why? this is all under the assumption that they want Simmons - he'd be a nice fit. Playmaker in the half court to generate offence for the shooters, and great defender. House gives them forward depth, and Ibaka depth at the big man spot.

Los Angeles Clippers

In: John Wall
    Out: Eric Bledsoe/ Serge Ibaka/ Marcus Morris sr
    Why? Basically getting John Wall for free - why not give it a shot? This year to get him back into tip-top shape, and potentially Kawhi returning for the playoffs? Could be a nice backcourt with Reggie Jackson, or if not, they can buy him out next year and move on.

Philadelphia 76ers
    In:
    Eric Gordon/ Marcus Morris sr/ Usman Garuba/ either Moses Moody OR (2022 FRP + 2025 pick swap with GSW)
    Out: Ben Simmons
    Why? They need to try and get some return for Ben Simmons, whose value is in the toilet. Getting back 2 vets who can score is helpful, and walking away with 2 talents (Garuba and whichever of the options the Warriors give up) is the best they could possibly hope for.

*perhaps the Warriors are giving up too much here to grease the deal? The assumptions are that they want Simmons and that Wiggins won't be able to play any games in San Fran. Hence they might need to overpay a little to get this done.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I support Wiggins. I can get behind this!

9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I like this trade and everybody get what they want.
    Clippers want a veteran player
    Cavaliers get rid of Love and Sexton because of Chemistry and Money
    Philly wants Gordon and House and can live with a young point guard who can shoot

PERFECT!!!! someone tell Stone and get it done!!!

18pbr and DM'sVP like this.
  10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Random trade idea there?

12. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe someone thinks we can pick up Danny Schayes as a backup 5 on the cheap

xaos and saleem like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You made me laugh!

14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

(1) i think Rox are out on trading FOR Simmons

(2) I think Stone is trying to be in on Simmons trade as a facilitator (EGo to Philly for championship run and Morey reunion)

(3) 6 teams in on Simmons: Timberwolves, Pacers, Cavaliers, Pistons, Raptors and Spurs; I think Memphis & Sacramento are secretly in as well

I don't think Morey moves Simmons to Pacers or Raptors (hurts 76ers in East); Cavs & Pistons don't really want Simmons (b/c he will just be a headache there as well + draft capital required + not willing to give 76ers what they would want). I think Simmons gets moved West. IMHO Kings are legit destination if they come off of draft capital.

i could see Stone getting in on any of those deals;
    PHI - MN - HOU
    PHI: Beasley (MN) + Gordon (HOU) + 2 lightly protected FRPs (MN) + 2 pick swaps (MN)
    MN: Simmons (PHI)
    HOU: Prince (MN)

PHI - MEM - HOU
    PHI: Brooks (MEM) [or Anderson] + Gordon (HOU) + Melton (MEM) + 2 lightly protected FRPs (MEM) + 2 pick swaps (MEM)
    MEM: Simmons (PHI) + Joe (PHI)
    HOU: Anderson (MEM) (or Brooks)

PHI - SAS - HOU
    PHI: Murray (SAS) + Gordon (HOU) + Aminu (or Young) (SAS) + 2 unprotected FRP (SAS) + 2 pick swaps (SAS)
    SAS: Simmons (PHI) + Maxey (or Thybulle) (PHI)
    HOU: Young (or Aminu) (SAS) If Young is acquired, Htown all in playoffs this year. If Aminu is acquired, he is bought out for $8M / all about LTS

PHI - SAC - HOU
    PHI: Hield (SAC) + Haliburton (SAC) + Gordon (HOU) + unprotected SAC FRP + 2 pick swaps (SAC) + 2023 MIL FRP (via HOU) (top 5 protected)
    SAC: Simmons (PHI) + Thybulle (PHI) + Reed or Joe (PHI)
    HOU: Bagley III (SAC)

My optimal trade right now headed into the season would be a 5 team deal: HOU - LAC - PHI - SAC - TOR
    PHI: Hield (SAC) + Kennard (LAC) + 2 unprotected FRP (SAC) + 2 pick swaps (SAC) + 2023 MIL FRP (via HOU) (top 5 protected)
    LAC: Wall (HOU)
    SAC: Simmons (PHI) + Thybulle (PHI)
    TOR: Bledsoe (LAC)
    HOU: Dragic (TOR) + Ibaka (LAC) + Bagley III (SAC) Houston buys out Dragic for $18M (signs with Mavs) & Ibaka for $8M (signs with Nets after rehab)
    Stone turns Wall + FRP into Bagley; $90M owed down to $26M in buyouts + $11M for Bagley

fattz likes this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think a good pickup for the Rockets would be Kevin Knox. He could be picked up on the cheap, similar to Scoot last yr.

Looking at his numbers and highlights, he does a little bit of everything; block shots, run the floor, rebounds and he was a 35% 3-point shooter before Tom came along. I think he's caught in the Dog House.

He's 6'9 and offers more of that aspect in which we don't have much of....size!

jch1911 and xaos like this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Some of the best trades are the ones not made. We are 2 deep across the roster with a veteran and youth at every position. The construction of the team is moving forward and our future is more than promising. As the season progresses move Gordon & House for draft capital only because we have many projects here already.

CVcrew likes this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I've would LOVE to get Knox for a protected #2....we don't have that 6'9 wing

xaos and fattz like this.
  18. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

19. fattz

fattz Member

He is battling for a roster spot with the NYK. Some think he is to soft and lacks hustle to be functional in the league. His playing time has decreased every year.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

For good reason.

fattz likes this.