1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. fattz

fattz Member

He is more a salary now. Maybe he may be able to pass on some wisdom to the next generation. He is needed as a salary filler to move on from Wall. Rubio is the other half of salary needed to move. Rubio expiring contract is of value. Breaking down Wall’s contract into smaller pieces and places were the TEAM can grow is the goal of the trade not the return of the players.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would do the Wall trade. The Rockets need to trade for Simmons like yesterday. Starting him at PF next to Wood would be perfect. Bring Theiss off the bench with Sengun, Garuba, EG and Christopher.

CarlosGM likes this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

This works... not sure if i do it...

To Sacramento
    Ben Simmons
    Seth Curry

To Houston
    Tobias Harris
    Buddy Hield

To Sixers
    John Wall
    Harrison Barnes
    Danuel House
    #1 from Sacramento
    #1 from Houston

76ers get less because they are offloading 2 bad contracts and taking back less bad ones.

PG Porter / Gordon / Thomas
    SG Green / Hield / Christopher
    SF Harris / Tate
    PF Wood / Martin / Garupa
    C Theis / Sengun

I would like Hield's elite shooting off the bench to replace Eric Gordon as a 6th man. Not crazy about Harris but probably no worse than Wall... longer deal, less money per, better current player with more helpful skillset...

This would push the cap space back after rfa for Porter so I'm leaning no, but i would think that's a better team... maybe if gordon and harris could get moved for expiring...

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

76ers want MORE 3ball shooting around Embiid, not LESS.

This trade just diverted THREE of best 3ball shooters AWAY from PHI:

Hield, Tobias, Seth

And really got jack in return - team actually gets worse.

And per Rich Paul, Maxey needs to be traded away as well.

5. Landry's Tooth

There is a price to pay for cap flexibility...

Wall is ok if he's the only non shooter... he also needs to know he's low priority for shots...

Barnes is a solid player similar to Danny Green or Ariza....

Not saying they do it. I don't think Houston would do it... but it does work as a trade of trash for trash...

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think I posted something like this earlier, but another version of your trade idea.... but if (1) Simmons set on Cali team (GSW or SAC) + (2) Rox can get in on the deal.... I could see the following:

SAC - PHI - HOU
    SAC
    Ben Simmons
    Tyus Maxey
    Danuel House

Kings acquire Simmons because... Kingz? Maxey & House give Sac some more defensive chops

PHI
    Buddy Hield
    Eric Gordon
    2022 SAC (top 5 protected)
    2024 SAC (lottery protected)
    right to swap picks with SAC in 2023
    2023 BRK pick (top 5 protected) via HOU

Sixers get shooters to surround Embiid as well as ammo to try to acquire Damian Lilllard

HOU
    Marvin Bagley III

Houston gets younger and gains size in front court. Gordon's salary (& House's) can be allocated to extend Bagley - if he performs up to expectations. The 2023 pick doesn't do much for Houston, (still have MIL & own) but will add to Philly's draft pick war chest.

7. Landry's Tooth

So basically Gordon, House, and a late 1 to take a flier on Bagley...

Not horrible except if he's bad you wasted assets and development minutes for Sengun and Garupa. If he's good then you're paying him a lot right away and possibly taking yourself out of free agency when Wall is gone....

Low cost gamble though...

peleincubus and jch1911 like this.
  8. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Rockets in: Andrew Wiggins

Rockets out: Gordon, House, Augustine

-----

Warriors in: Myles Turner, Danuel House

Warriors out: Wiggins, Wiseman

-----

Raptors in: Wiseman, Gordon, Justin Holiday, 2022 FRP via Pacers, 2025 FRP via Pacers

Raptors out: Pascal Siakam

-----

Pacers in: Augustine, Siakam

Pacers out: Myles Turner, Justin Holiday. 2022 FRP, 2025 FRP

-----

++Warriors++

Save $19.3m off their cap which should theoretically cut their luxary tax bill in half. Get a better, proven, big man fit as opposed to Wiseman.
    Lose Wiggins but get another capable wing in House, still hold onto Kuminga.

++Rockets++

Gets a young wing who fits their timeline. Yes. Thats what im calling it now to make it easier for people. The Rockets dont want a whole lot of 19 years olds. They have more than enough. Wiggins is the same age as Wood. And represents that young vet mould.

++Raptors++

Get a haul for Pascal. Have to put up with Gordons contract, but with him, Dragic and Precious coming off the bench, they could have the best 2nd unit in the league. Wiseman can help grow with Barnes. Spacing will be an issue. Hopefully between FVV, GTJ and OG it will be enough to have two non shooters on the court.

++Pacers++

Get a much better fit next to Sabonis and set their sights on competing in the playoffs this season. Could have the most well rounded starting line up in the league (Brodgon/Lavert/Warren/Siakam/Sabonis).

9. fattz

fattz Member

There is a lot going on in this trade. I just focused on the Rockets part, 3 for 1 and taking on a larger salary. I don’t hate it but we get a lot of production with Tate & Martin for less than a fraction of the cost. Wiggins is not bad but grossly overpriced. I would want competition for taking on his contract.

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

L

O

Frickin L

11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Since Nets are likely acquiring 2 vets (Millsap, Aldridge) and need to open space + dump DeAndre Jordan's contract

HOU - DAL - BRK
    DAL DeAndre Jordan (BRK) into Mavs TPE + 2024 HOU SRP (protected 31 - 45)
    Mark Cuban finally gets Jordan in Dallas plus DJ helps Mavs' playoff push

BRK: Danuel House (HOU)
    Nets open up roster spots for newly signed vets plus cuts its tax bill (shed almost $40M if spotrac is correct)

HOU: Alize Johnson (BRK) fits into TPE
    Good player on a cheap contract for the cost of House & a SRP? Yes, please! Check out his per 36 (TWSS). He plays defense, but needs to work n his 3 ball.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsal02.html

12. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Joe Harris
    29 year old, 6-6, 220 lb SG from Virginia
    No games yet played in 2021-2022
    [​IMG] DeAndre Jordan
    33 year old, 6-11, 265 lb C from Texas A&M
    [​IMG] Day'Ron Sharpe
    19 year old, 6-11, 265 lb PF from North Carolina
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Eric Gordon
    32 year old, 6-4, 215 lb G from Indiana
    [​IMG] D.J. Augustin
    33 year old, 6-0, 183 lb G from Texas
    [​IMG] Danuel House
    28 year old, 6-7, 215 lb F from Texas A&M

fattz likes this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

@R=$ are you a real person or a bot?

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Danuel House, Eric Gordon and a first round pick for Marvin Bagley??

F' no. Why would anyone do that. The only value you get in that trade is getting off Gordon's contract. But if Gordon performs halfway decent and stays healthy, some playoff team will absolutely give you a first for him come trade deadline time. Team's ALWAYS want more 3 point shooting and ballhandling in those spots (not that EG is amazing at either, but when he is on, he almost is).

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So Houston trades Wall, House and a first for Tobias Harris and Buddy Hield?
    I mean... I'd MAYBE do that, BUT ONLY because I think you can then move both of those guys and get even more value.
    Depends on the protection on the pick - if it was lotto protected, than yes.
    Maybe not Tobias though - he does have a big contract the next 3 years, but increasingly less big as other players get paid and the length of his is lowered. Next offseason it will only be 2 years left for example.

That said, there's ZERO chance Philly does this.
    Simmons, Harris and Curry for Wall, Barnes, House, a decent pick from Sacramento (probably top 3 protected though) and a Houston pick (lotto protected). That ain't happening.

As much as people want to **** all over the 76ers and Ben Simmons now, they were the best record in the Eastern Conference and 3rd best overall last season.

A straight-up trade Simmons for CJ McCollum would be better for them than this package. [sidebar, a Blazers lineup of Dame, Simmons, Covington, Nance and Nurkic is hilarious to think about].

Also, dude has some mental issues I guess, and of course is bad defensively, but Buddy Hield can be underrated offensively. Some package that is basically Hield plus picks would be better than what you proposed for Philly. I bet the Kings would do Hield, Mitchell, and a first. Not sure if they'd do 2 firsts.

For DM, all of this is "sell low" returns on Simmons, but they're still better than losing all three of Simmons, Harris and Curry and only getting back Wall, Barnes and House and some future ??

16. Landry's Tooth

Given the value Simmons has due to his contract they aren't getting what they thinkm he's great on one end of the floor and the other end you have to build the offense around him.

Sacramento is one of the worst defensive teams in the league. That's why they went with Mitchell in the draft at a position they are 3 deep at...

I think Harris is a worse contract than Wall because Wall is expiring in a year. There's value in the 76ers have cap flexibility and unloading their 2 worst contracts for shorter ones make some sense...

Wall's got similar flaws as Simmons... good defender, passer; worthless from deep... Simmons age is the difference in value and position switching...

I think Hield is underrated... i think Houston lacks 3pt shooting and he fits a need and age range... if you're thinking you won't get a max guy then he's a solid get for that cap space... Trae young with less vision and handle...

I don't disagree with your points, it's a difference of valuation of Simmons... he's a 15-20 million player getting 30+ in my opinion. You can get little less defense and a lot more shooting for half his cap space... if Simmons is your 3rd or 4th best you can win...

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

My version of the Simmons trade

Hou out: Wall, House
    Hou in: Bagley, Korkmaz 2 Sac protected 1sts

Phi out: Simmons, Green, Korkmaz
    Phi in: Hield, Wall, House

Sac out: Bagley, Hield, 2 protected 1sts
    Sac in: Simmons, Green

Bagley and Korkmaz are just here for salary matching. Wouldn't mind moving them on for pics at the first opportunity. Would love to give them Gordon too but the salary is too much already.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Ive started to come around to Wall sticking around and KPJ spending a year off the bench (but basically getting starter minutes).

So that means:
    Wall/KPJ/Augustine/Brooks
    Green/Gordon/Christopher
    Tate/Nwaba/House/Khryi
    Theis/KJ/Garuba
    Wood/Sengun

So the outliers here seem to be Gordon and House. Nwaba can slide down and take Gordons minutes. With them two gone IMO it looks more like:

Wall/KPJ/Augustine/Brooks
    Green/Nwaba/Christopher
    Tate/KJ/Khyri
    Theis/Garuba
    Wood/Sengun

Which to me looks like our biggest "need" is maybe a backup 4 or 3? At least until Garuba can get up to speed/after g league time.

So of those out there that fit into the money being sent out from Gordon/House, and add that we're not really looking for a starter, more of a bench vet. Ive come down to a few names:

Thad Young (def more a 4/5)
    Marcus Morris (ehh)
    Love (nope)
    Heild (more of a 2 than a 3)
    Gallinari
    Bertans (4 years 16m.. no thanks)
    Gary Harris
    TJ Warren (more of a starter)
    Bojan Bogdanovich
    Will Barton
    Kyle Anderson
    Doug McDermott
    Malik Beasley
    Taurean Prince

Of those guys the handful that i would drill it down to, based on potentially being available, fit and willing to come off the bench are:

Will Barton
    Kyle Anderson
    Taurean Prince
    Doug McDermott
    Malik Beasley (least likely)

The good thing i guess is that the combo of House/Gordon is better than each of those guys by themselves (save maybe Anderson and Beasley) so if we were to trade them out we should get some sort of compensation for Gordon/House.

Which kind of begs the question.

Should we get rid of them in the first place?

The most logical trade ive found is

Gordon/House for Barton/Bol Bol

And im not 100% sure the Nuggets do it.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Simmons and Maxey to Sac
    Halliburton to Houston
    1st rounder from sac, 2023 Bucks 1st (top 8 protected), Hield, Gordon, House to Philly.

20. fattz

fattz Member

Sharpe is intriguing BUT we are going to need a lot of cap space to sign the talent from this draft because they will all come off rookie deals at the same time. I don’t want to invest time development into a player then not be able to keep him.