1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Eric Gordon (and House) Trades

To Grizzlies:
    Eric Gordon / House

To Rockets:
    Melton / Clarke / Allen / Konchar

Then, Rockets:
    Flip Grayson Allen for a couple second rounders

To Wolves:
    Eric Gordon / House

To Rockets:
    Beasley / Okogie / Layman

To Mavs:
    Eric Gordon

To Rockets:
    Dwight Powell / Josh Green

#261 asmith8266, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Grizzlyshark and Shark44 like this.
  2. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

I would be happy with all of these. Especially the Grizz one. Though I'm finding it hard to gauge Clarkes value.

I'm a HUGE fan of the guy and think he fits this team like a glove (even moreso that Collins). To get him and Melton would be the dream scenario IMO.

allanivan likes this.
  3. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Not super Rockets related but something I had a play with last night.

You could replace the Magic with another team with a lottery pick willing to trade back for House, 17, 24 & 30.

Grizzlies in:
    Donovan Mitchell

Grizzlies out:
    Winslow, Tyuss, Bane, BC, #17, 2022 FRP via Jazz, 2023 FRP, 2024 FRP via Warriors, 2025 FRP

Jazz in:
    #8. 2022 FRP returned, 2023 FRP via Griz, 20224 FRP via Warriors, 2025 FRP via Grizlies, Winslow, Bane, Tyuss Jones.

Jazz Out:
    Donovan Mitchell

Rockets in:
    Brandon Clarke

Rockets out:
    Danuel House, #24

Magic in:
    #17, #24, #30

Magic out:

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

John wall and #2 pick for Anoughby #4 Pick and Gary Trent jr.

I guess take Suggs

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

House for SRP.

Deuce, King1, Jwise44 and 2 others like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like that.

D-rock and fattz like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who we draft should dictate the necessity of a Gordon trade

If we draft Green or Suggs, Gordon's got to go in order for us to have minutes, for a big or for a buyout player/cap. If we draft Mobley we can keep Gordon, or be comfortable with trading him for another guard

Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The first round pick I have in this image is the 3rd over all pick from Cavs. I like Wood but after this contract is up I expect him to want significantly more. Mobley might end up being Wood or better and would rather have him locked in on a Rookie deal with a Rookie resign.

If we do that trade and get both Green and Mobley then I would rather have a cheaper Love than a Wall because our team will be guard heavy and I want our new guys to get all the minutes. I would rather have Wall than Love straight up but this trade isn't even about them.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

no team will do this trade with the rocket

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really think we should be targeting GSW for Wiseman and #7, especially if Barnes is on the board. Wiseman is a reclamation project, but who knows maybe we can't develop him into a role player.

KPJ
    Green / Brooks
    Tate
    Barnes / KMJ
    Wiseman

That is an upside team, raw enough to get 2 more high picks the next two years.

They will start being good just as Wall / Gordon's contracts roll off, but before their 2nd contracts kick in, leaving a 1-2 year window to fill out the roster with quality free agents.

Does Wood / House / our two late firsts get it done?

ilias likes this.
  11. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Rockets in: Jeremy Lamb, #13

Pacers in: Eric Gordon, #23, #24

One of Keon Johnson, Boughknight or (least likely) Moody should hopefully be there at 13.

Mobley at 2.

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Another variation of Rockets getting #2 & #3. I think that if the Rockets called Cleveland and told them that they were taking Mobley and leaving Cleveland the option between Green and Suggs, then I think Cleveland might be open to trading their pick. Neither Green or Suggs really fit their current roster and instead of taking BPA at #3, they might feel like picking up more picks and selecting a 4 later in the 21 draft is a better option.

NOP IN: Lillard & McCollum

POR IN: Herro, Robinson, EG, Dragic, Iguodala, 2021 SRP via NOP, 2022 FRP via Lakers, 2023 FRP via NOP, 2024 FRP via Lakers & 2027 FRP via MIL (4 FRPs & 1 SRP)

MIA IN: Wall, Covington & 2023 FRP via MIL

CLE IN: 2021 FRP via NOP, 2021 FRP via POR, 2021 FRP via MIL, 2023 FRP via WAS

HOU IN: Love, Adams, Bledsoe and 2021 FRP via CLE (#3, Green)

NOP: Cashes in most of the AD and Holiday hauls to pair Dame & CJ with Ingram & Zion. If they are able to bring in the right bench players via FA then this could be a very dangerous team. They won't have much Defense but will outscore teams on a regular basis. If it doesn't work out then they still have their pick swaps with LA down the line.

POR: They get a pretty good haul for Dame, CJ and RoCo. Robinson should be a S&T and Herro should be extended soon after the trade. While they might not be franchise cornerstones, they are decent pieces moving forward. Dragic and Iggy can be bought out and EG could be moved next season or they can buy him out as well. They are able to snag 4 FRP to rebuild with Herro and Robinson. The Lakers 2024 and MIL 2027 are the most valuable picks but the other two should provide more immediate help/flexibility.

MIA: Ok this is the tough one to justify. They have to really be sold on the below rosters ability to compete in the East. I think Butler loves Miami but they need to bring in some vets bc Jimmy doesn't have forever. If they think Wall is the PG that they need then this could work. NOTE: I think they bring back Nunn, Oladipo (on a discount) and Ariza after the trade.

Wall/Nunn
    Oladipo
    Butler/Ariza
    RoCo/Okpala
    Bam/Achiuwa

CLE: for dropping 7 spots in the 2021 draft they gain 3 FRPs and shed over $30m in salary (Love). Not a bad deal for them IMO.

HOU: Gain vets that are a good influence on the young squad without stealing minutes. Get the opportunity to draft Mobley (#2) and Green (#3). I say they still bring back Olynyk after this trade. But, Adams serves as some insurance in case KO decides to go to a contender for a discount.

13. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

I CREATED A MONSTER.

Rockets in: #4, Kevin Love, Rodney Hood

Rockets out: #23, #24, Unprotected 2023 FRP via Bucks, John Wall, Eric Gordon, Danuel House, KJ Martin (this one hurts)

Pacers in: Eric Gordon, Kevin Knox, #19, #23, # 24

Pacers out: Myles Turner, #13

Knicks in: John Wall

Knicks out: Kevin Knox, # 19

Toronto in: Myles Turner, Danuel House, #13

Toronto out: Rodney Hood, #4

Cavs in: #4, KJ Martin

Cavs out: #3, Kevin Love

‐------------------------------

Why the Rockets do it:

This one is pretty obvious. They get rid of all remnants of the Harden era and go full 1 season rebuild. Looking to compete sooner with some great young talent. They open up a bunch of space to either fill out their team or take on some bad contracts for assests. Oh and the get #3 in the draft.
    Losing KJ really hurts. But its what you need to sacrifice to bring this team back sooner rather than later.

Why the Rockets DONT do it:

While he was a late 2nd round pick, KJ Martin has been an absolute gem for this team. Giving him up so early could be a mistake.

Starting line up:

KPJ/Green(3)/Tate/Wood/Mobley(2)

----------------------------
    Why the Pacers do it:

The Pacers have for a long time wanted to bring Eric Gordon back to Indianna. And they do so by also picking up a young project peice (or ya know.. bust) in Kevin Knox and 3 FRP. The Turner and Sabonis front court has run its course, here they would be able to move TJ Warren into the 4 spot which would help open the paint for Sabonis, as well as take advantage of his passing out.

Why the Pacers DONT do it:

Losing the #13 pick.

Starting line up:

Brogdon/Gordon/Lavert/Warren/Sabonis

-------------------------------

Why the Knicks do it:

NY has had a point guard problem for years and this was probably their biggest hole (along with a few others) this post season. Wall should help mitigate that issue. Even though he was still dealing with nagging issues, he put up some flashes of his old self while being in Houston and the one thing he held on to - which was the most surprising - was his speed. He'll be able to push the pace for a team with young legs. They will still have another pick in this years draft so cashing one in for some help seems like a no brainer.

Why the Knicks DONT do it:

If they think they have a chance at Kawhi Leonard in FA. Or any FA really. They will still have space for another big contract via trade.

Starting line up:

Wall/RJ/Bullock/Randle/Robinson

------------------------------

Why Toronto do it:

To win. More so than any team this was an off year for the Raptors. Dealing with injuries and moving countries, along with Lowrys pending decision they decide to cash in on their misfortune and cash in the #4 pick for some help, with the hope that it convinces Lowry to stay for another run. They don't trade completly out of the lottery so will still have a chance at drafting a young prospect as well as an unprotected 2023 FRP.

Why the Raptors DONT do it:

It's the highest pick they've had in a long time. Maybe they find their building block in an already young built team.

Starting 5:

Lowry?/FVV/OG/Siakim/Turner

-------------------------------

Why the Cavs do it:

With Mobley gone at 2, it comes down to a decision between Suggs and Green. IMO much of a muchness for a team yet to build an identity. Build around the offense of Green? Or the leadership of Suggs? They rely on Houston to take that decision away from them while also snagging an all Rookie talent in KJ Martin. They also get off the Kevin Love contract which Houston swallow into their space. And allows that money to go towards signing big man Jarret Allen.

Why the Cavs DONT do it:

They know who they want at #3 and they take him.

Starting line up:

Garland/Suggs/Okoro/Nance/Allen.

DM'sVP likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's exactly how I have looked at for months (I presume that is the logical route) I was just waiting for the shoe to drop on the draft lottery. Walls contract times perfectly with coming off when we have to start giving the thunder picks again. Stockpile young talent then spend money on what is missing to fill roles on the roster. Hopefully at that point the Nets have fallen apart and you have top 10 picks and/or trade swaps. It should be more than a decade of more and more wins.

15. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Bulls in: Wall, House, #24

Bulls out: Coby White, Satoransky and Al Farouq Aminu

Grizzlies in: Coby White

Grizzlies out: Brandon Clarke

Rockets in: Brandon Clarke, Satoransky, Al-Farouq Aminu

Rockets out: John Wall, House, #24

Not sure the Bulls do this, but the go in on trying to make up for last year. They may regret giving up White but between him and Lavine, i see them as doubling down on guards that don't run the offense.
    By including Sato and Aminu, it puts them enough under the luxury to throw $15m per at Lauri.

Grizlies get a two guard that can handle the ball a little, but boost the offense around Ja. Yes the defense is gunna be terrible, but that what you sacrifice to have such an offensively dynamic backcourt.

No brainer for Houston. Get a near perfect fit next to Wood, have to swallow those contracts but will be off the books next season. Draft Green and IMO you have a team comparable to this year Grizzlies who made the playoffs.

KPJ < Ja
    Green > White
    Tate = Brooks
    BC < JJJ
    Wood > Jonas

Augustine < Melton
    Gordon > Bane
    Khryi < SlowMo
    KJ = Tilman
    Olynyk?? > Jontay Porter??

16. markelliott1997

Dude really wants Christian wood gone.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That would be horrible for the Rockets.

King1 and D-rock like this.
  18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Talk about moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.

#278 Williamson, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    saleem, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Williamson

Literally nobody wants Wiggins and that's the only reason that deal is remotely possible.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  20. Williamson

Makes sense to me. Wiseman still has huge potential and fits better on the timeline of KPJ and whoever we pick with the #2. And the gap in talent between 7 and 24 is pretty massive. I don't think the Warriors would do it though.