1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hawks also need 2 way scorer proven in playoffs.

Sounds like EGo to me.

I'll take any contract they want to attach to Jalen Johnson to make this trade happen.

saleem and theDude like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because Jalen Johnson would be a top 10 or better talent in this draft.

But you're right, McMillan doesnt like him for some reason.

Maybe even beyond his devotion to vets on playoff bound team.

Rockets can afford and should gamble on players of this potential, they are a rebuilding team.

groovemachine likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

That is a shyte load of rookies and 2nd year players.

Not a lot of GMs or HC would sign up for that crapfest.

But what the hell, I'm game.

Give me:

#3 - Chet/Jabari/Paolo
    #7 - Tari Eason
    #13 - Mark Williams
    #36 - Jalen Williams OR trade #36 + PJ Washington to Hawks for Jalen Johnson + salary dump.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

All true.

But that said - Jalen Johnson averaged more PTS, more REB, more AST, more BLK and more STL than Banchero at Duke in exactly same system.

Not bad for a player who was not engaged.

Just like Banchero, Johnson needs to be unlocked and needs to improve in multiple areas - especially Fouls.

Neither are finished projects but skills + size + upside are intriguing.

#2564 D-rock, May 30, 2022
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

3 more rookies!!!!!!!! 4 sophmores and 3 rookies and a PG that has played about 100 games. i dunno, a 3rd consecutive worst record in the league would probably be attainable lol

groovemachine and D-rock like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He did? the only thing i see him being higher in at duke was his shooting %'s. im confused

D-rock likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I take that back he has slightly higher blocks/steals as well.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

peleincubus likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow! You guys are a buncha turncoats! Just a few months ago Sengun was the apple of everyone's eye. Now he's being thrown in every other trade proposal. How quickly things change.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

John wall agrees to buyout in this scenario where negotiation with a trade to 3 year contract where 2nd and 3rd year are only part guaranteed. I think this forms a team in the east for Wizards. Wood, Kuzma, Pope Beal Wall, Gordon, etc.. Porzingis will take the player option and move out come next summer, if we just don't play him lol. Kispert and #10 pick would be very nice.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Okay, okay since I don't want to be left out, here's my Sengun trade idea. Sengun and Milwaukee's 2023 first rounder to Sacramento for #4.
    How did I do?

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

https://apple.news/A2-NhtkpBRz6-BZGkTLrSyg

interesting wood trade proposal, but doesn’t do much for us.

Trade Idea: Houston Rockets trade F/C Christian Wood to Memphis Grizzlies for F/C Brandon Clarke, PG De'Anthony Melton and 2022 first-round pick (No. 22 overall via Utah Jazz)

New Superteam Core: Ja Morant, Christian Wood, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Desmond Bane (with Dillon Brooks and Steven Adams)

Finishing with the second-best record in the NBA wasn't enough to get the Grizzlies out of the second round, where a more experienced and talent-rich Golden State Warriors squad disposed of them in six games.

While the backcourt in Memphis is set with Ja Morant, Desmond Bane and Dillon Brooks, the frontcourt was exposed against Golden State. Outside of Jaren Jackson Jr., the Grizzlies used a center-by-committee featuring Steven Adams, Xavier Tillman Sr. and Brandon Clarke.

Adding a premier offensive threat like Wood next to an elite defender in Jackson would be an ideal combination for Memphis and allow the team to mix-and-match assignments as needed. Wood, 26, is still young enough to grow with this Grizzlies team and is coming off a season where he averaged 17.9 points, 10.1 rebounds, 1.0 blocks and shot 50.1 percent overall.

While Adams, Clarke and Tillman combined to make 15 three-pointers all season (on 20.8 percent efficiency), Wood is an excellent floor spacer who made 39.0 percent of his 336 attempts. Having both big men able to expand their offensive games beyond the arc in Wood and Jackson opens up even more driving lanes for Morant and Co.

For a franchise already rising in the West, adding Wood officially makes Memphis a superteam.

For Houston, moving Wood now before he hits free agency nets the team a good, young big man in Clarke who's coming off an impressive playoff showing (12.3 points, 6.9 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 61.5 percent shooting in 24.7 minutes) and has another year left on his rookie deal before becoming a restricted free agent.

Melton, 24, gives Houston a potential franchise point guard, and the Rockets pick up another first-round pick in the 2022 draft to assist with their rebuild.

#2572 Aruba77, May 30, 2022
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
    DrNuegebauer likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Top 2 protection on the Milwaukee Pick

I love cashing in assets to pick up #7. Duren, Daniels, or Sharpe could all be long term starters here.

If we draft Banchero

KPJ / Christopher / Nix
    Green / Mathews /
    KMJ / Nwaba
    Banchero / Garuba
    Duren / Sengun

If we draft Chet

KPJ / Christopher / Nix
    Green / Mathews /
    Griffin / KMJ / Nwaba
    Sengun / Garuba
    Holmgren /

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope this puts to rest all the DeAndre Ayton acquisition trade proposals.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t think Detroit would take that for Grant, but if they want that #7 they need a third team to help, because Portland has to have either a pick in 2022 or 2023 coming back because of the Stepian rule and Detroit doesn’t have a 2023 pick

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think the way around the Steipan rule is too just wait till after the players are drafted to trade them.

17. sydmill

sydmill Member

I wonder if this would get sign off from all involved?:

Houston out: Wood, Mathews, Tate & 17
    Houston in: Kelly Oubre, Jalen Johnson and #13

Charlotte out: Oubre and 13
    Charlotte in: Wood and Mathews

ATL out: Johnson
    ATL in: Tate and 17

D-rock likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This looks like a pretty good trade to me. Does Atlanta need Tate? If Jalen can’t get on the court, would Tate? Not being snarky, just don’t really much about the Hawks.

D-rock likes this.
  19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

i always liked Jalen Johnson, but the Hawks are not going to trade him. They are trying to get rid of Collins, his contract is crazy too high.

20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think we need all the young talent we can get....why? We can trade them for a bigger star or coach them up to be a 2nd or 3rd star. I would like to draft: Paolo for our 3rd pick, trade Wood and Gordon for KCP(Kentavious Caldwell Pope), Hachimura, Ish Smith, and Avdija and pick 10. For Pick 10 I would pick Sochan and for the 17th pick I would draft Williams from Duke(if he is there)

PG: Porter, Ish Smith
    SG: Green, Christopher
    SF: KCP, Martin
    PF: Paolo Hachimura
    C: Sengun, Williams

We could get the Play In with this team, Jazz is going down not up, and with real size we can beat Spurs and the Timberwolves. KCP would really help this young team to play defense and Paolo and Williams is long and tough to play inside instead of passive Wood.

peleincubus likes this.