1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do players with a foul rate like Sengun typically improve over time? I don’t know where to find stats like that and comparable players.

2. Landry's Tooth

I'm so sorry, Mark Williams is a combination of Larry Bird and Wilt Chamberlain who will dominate the nba for 25 years. How could i have been so foolish to think he's a mid first round pick. We will hopefully win the lottery so that we might have a chance of taking him first overall...

3. Landry's Tooth

3pt% ZERO

Also, I'm not really sure where you think Sengun and Williams have played in the same league... a lottle strange to compare a younger player's nba performance with an older players collegiate performance...

Obviously the measurables will help win the combine...

It's just weird. I say i like a player and would draft him while acknowledging his flaws yet you act like i think the guy is terrible or something...

No need to get so offended just because I'm not assuming he's going to develop the way you're projecting... if he's big montrezl harrell we could use that.

4. Landry's Tooth

Yao did...

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

That's why I don't generally respond to you, not worth the drama.

6. Landry's Tooth

I just think this whole thing is a bit silly. I would be thrilled to take him at 17 and hope he can develop as a shooter.

You can acknowledge Turner is a mediocre shooter now; which is enough that he doesn't get the Westbrook treatment. I'm sure you can also acknowledge he's a top 5 rim protector in the nba with probably Gobert and Allen in the discussion.

I think it's perfectly fair to criticize him for his injuries.

I think Williams is a rim protector at the next level. I'm not sure how well his footwork will translate at the next level as far as switching onto smaller players. You could be right and he could be fine. I think it's an unknown.

My point with Turner is we know what he is in the nba, so it is less risky than relying on a rookie. I look at it as he's replacing Wood. We sacrifice some shooting to get much better defense.

Patrick Williams is likely going to shoot close to 40% from 3 and play lock down defense. Taking a rookie to do is fine planning but you're rolling the dice just to get 2 more years of control. Patrick Williams isn't even 21 yet so you're not picking up someone older than who you're likely drafting for the need.

I'm willing to take on guys who have done something in the nba and give up some of the benefits of team control and age...

Just a different philosophy...

D-rock likes this.
  7. j@amc

j@amc Member

At #17, Williams isn't a good value. He's a steal. It doesn't seem realistic that he'd be available. Here's hoping that others think so little of him.

Looks to me like Williams could go out and compete with Ayton from day one. Those two space the floor in about the same ways.
    I'm super high on Sengun, but he would play better if the Rockets could rotate in guys with more size.

I'm unconvinced that the key to the future is small-ball. But if you are going to play 3 guards, add someone else with length who's solid on the glass.

xaos, Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

It's harder to find the college advanced stats but Ayton attempted 73% of his shots within 10 feet. He did shoot well outside of 10 feet but it was a small sample size. For example, he attempted a single 3 pointer about every 3 games or so.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere in the scouting that Williams has a mid range game; only people thinking he might someday...

A lot of guys dominate college at the rim and then struggle in the nba... it is a gamble i would take with the second pick... i prefer the sure thing if available...

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yeah, maybe I was a bit too hasty, but I wouldn’t give up the chance for Jabari or Chet for him, but if they are gone when we pick then sure.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The whole Sengun is foul prone narrative is bs. He was getting fouls early in the season when playing less than 20 mins. Silas excuse for the limited mins was that he would get in foul trouble and then sit him even though he had 2 or 3 fouls left to give. Once he started and was playing over thirty mins he averaged about 3 fouls per game. He didn’t foul out a single game this year.

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like I said, I'm a huge Turner fan too but Pacers are not longer interested in trading him.

I've mocked trades to move Wood for Turner depending on 2022 draft pick. Many times.

I've just moved on to more realistic takes.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is still foul prone and this is area he needs to work on in offseason but I agree, Silas excuses were ridiculous.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

Would you trade our pick for him if we get 4 or 5? I've debated whether or not I would and I think the answer is yes for me

saleem and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would.

GSW wouldn't imo.

xaos likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

If the Suns lose to the Mavs and don't end up maxing Ayton, how do we feel about him? How much competition would there be?

xaos likes this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah I don't think they would either so it would take a team with some win now players. I was just thinking of our players in / players out portion. I think there's maybe only 1-3 players in this year's draft I'd want over Kuminga.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, but GS might retain him even if the first pick is offered to them.

19. saleem

Yes, I would make that trade.

D-rock likes this.
  20. saleem

I like Ayton, I wouldn't sell the farm for him. The competition would be quite fierce in my opinion.

dmoneybangbang and xaos like this.