1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random stupid trade time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazyguypete, Feb 12, 2007.

1. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

Seeing that it is that time of the season where everyone is looking to make a trade, I figure we'd have a trade thread devoted to trades we'd like to see even if they dont make complete sense.

Here is mine,

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Juwan Howard
    6-9 PF from Michigan
    9.9 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.6 apg in 27.2 minutes
    Bob Sura
    6-5 from Florida State
    No games yet played in 2006/07
    Kirk Snyder
    6-6 SG from Nevada-Reno
    4.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 15.1 minutes
    Incoming
    Sam Cassell
    6-3 PG from Florida State
    14.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.6 minutes
    Tim Thomas
    6-10 SF from Villanova
    10.3 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 26.1 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +10.3 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and +4.8 apg.

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Sam Cassell
    6-3 PG from Florida State
    14.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.6 minutes
    Tim Thomas
    6-10 SF from Villanova
    10.3 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.0 apg in 26.1 minutes
    Incoming
    Juwan Howard
    6-9 PF from Michigan
    9.9 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.6 apg in 27.2 minutes
    Bob Sura
    6-5 from Florida State
    No games yet played in 2006/07
    Kirk Snyder
    6-6 SG from Nevada-Reno
    4.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 15.1 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -10.3 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and -4.8 apg.

Why does houston make this trade...

Well houston gains Sam Cassell a guy who has been through it all and won. I think Houston needs a player that has been through it all and will put everyone together in a huddle and keep this team glued together when they are struggling in the post season. Tim Thomas does what Howard does only with his three point shooting he spreads the court more.

Why do the Clips do this trade?

Clips are barely in the post season as is right now and more then anything this gives them a chance to let there current young point guards blossom with added playing time. They get a good over all player in howard and some financial flexibility next season. Heck you can put Kill bill instead of synder and this time has two up and coming point guards of the future. Houston can even throw in a pick and sweeten the deal.

Will this happen? NAH... Van gundy loves Howard and this trade helps houston more then it does the clips by a lot. But come on how awesome would it be for Cassell to come back to houston and win the title his last two years in the season. (Starts off with a bang and ends in a bang).

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

If its not gonna happen or have ANY CHANCE for that matter... why waste time making this thread...

3. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

Tim Thomas got no post moves whatsoever... he is really a big SF... but Jho, for his recent playing.. i rank him top 5 in PF position in the league... his post moves r beautiful.. thomas is a bigger scott paghett

4. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Trade Padgett for a bag of rocks and sign Derrick coleman to the pro-Rated vet minimum. You get a big man who can score for no money!!!

5. MrMatt

MrMatt Member

agree

6. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

32-18.. and you wanna mess up our chemistry with a stupid trade.

Are you serious..

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I dread whn we're on offense anf Howard turn his back against the basket. He's a better scorer facing the basket with the lil 15-18 fet jumpers.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

JH has the second best post game on the Rox, only guy better is Yao, plus he hits those 15 foot jumpers. I thought we were all over the Juwan hating.

9. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Screw Tim Thomas, that b*stard ran into Hayes, causing him to fall down and hit Yao's knee! It was a conspiracy I tell you! I BLAME TIM THOMAS! :mad:

10. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

why would you trade out juwan for tim when tim only makes his points from the trey.

and tim broke yao's leg.

11. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I heard better trades on the realgm trade board, by Maverick fans (yes that is a insult). On a side note.......

Will someone make a petition thread that Tracy Mcgrady participate in the NBA’s Playstation® Skills Challenge. Steve Nash isnt going to play in the All-star game or do the NBA’s Playstation® Skills Challenge. The list of participates in that is amazing! Kobe, Lebron, and Wade! It would be so huge if Mcgrady stepped in for Nash and actually won that thing. Who better to fill in the empty void now available?

Please Post this as a Thread ^^^^^

;)

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He is the third best post-up game on our squad after Yao and Bonzi, and i'm not hatin on Juwan. I rather keep him than trade hin. His play has been invaluable this year. I just don't thats he's the post up player he once was.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

4th.

Yao, Bonzi, McGrady, Howard

14. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

Thomas is a ****. But i will have an orgasm if we get cassell run the pg :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don't recall too many instance of TMac having his back against the basket since he's been in Houston.....

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, well, he has. And even if he hadn't, you gotta admit, he's a better post up option than Juwan "One foot glued to the floor, the other foot tied to a boat anchor" Howard.

17. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Stop all the stupidity trade 5hIt!!!

Chucky Atkins PG, $3Million, 1 yr. contract for a draft pick with cash. :mad:

18. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

helllllllllll nooooooooooooooo

19. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

There's a good chance that they (Stern) would pick someone like Arenas or Billups ahead of Mac.

20. matty101

matty101 Member

Arenas wont get picked coz hes in the 3 point shootout and the All Star game. Billups might but i actually would have to say that Mac may have a good chance. STERN, PICK MAC!!