1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random prediction.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Because he doesn't have Harden's superstar MVP clout.

He's just an aging role player. He gains nothing by throwing a hissy fit.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If it means that much to you to think that go ahead.:rolleyes:

Way to deflect from the actual conversation.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why would stop negotiating on an extension?

4. csc177

csc177 Member

PJ got old overnight. I mean damn. Harden really made this dude relevant. No all of sudden he cant throw the ball in the ocean and has become a liability on both ends.

He'll be gone by the deadline. I don't think we'll get the 2RPs we're demanding.

5. rockets13champs

The rockets are obviously holding out for a team to throw a first round pick. His value is already at 3 second rounders. If u can do that without having to pay him money in a buyout you do that. Also we need bodies. We need either a true center or another PF.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why would the Rockets stop negotiating? Because he's more than likely not part of future plans.

Why would Tucker stop negotiating? I think Harden being gone has a lot to do with it. Harden probably had his back and, again, because of that clout Harden held, Tucker had some courage to speak up. There's no more strength in numbers.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

The Rockets can trade Victor w/ other players come Monday Feb 2nd. Very well could put together a trade package for somebody.

8. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

I guess the question is whether Stone values the goodwill toward a player hoping others will see him as a good GM by granting a buyout

or

if Stone expects to get something back for PJ?

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It was reported that they offered 2 years 20 million and Tucker stopped negotiations.

It's the reason why I am speculating.