1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

#601 ApacheWarrior, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    DM'sVP likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know he isn't consistently tough and the bridge could be burned to the organization but Dmo would be interesting with only Anderson in his way.

Otherwise a Speights type of PF.

3. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Give me my man Kyle O'Quinn. Harden needs a beard bro that has a beard worthy of recognition.

Cashmoney likes this.
  4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I was messing around with the trade machine and they wouldn't have to include Gordon to make the money work. It could be PJ, Ryno, Black, Williams, Onuaku + picks (2 firsts? A fist and 2 seconds?) for James. Obviously, in this scenario the Cavs are hitting the reset button HARD and would trade Love for whatever picks/young talent thay they could get as well. Maybe they move Love for Ingram. After that the Cavs would most likely buy out Wade and then the Rockets could sign him + others to vet min deals.

Oh the dreams...

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah. Supposedly Dan Gilbert is trying to sell the Cavs. They don’t want the prospective owner to
    be bogged down with such a high payroll and bad contracts. Eric Gordon and Tucker would lessen
    the taste of receiving Ryan Anderson.

With the Cavs 2 deals, they would have Isaiah Thomas, Lou Williams, Eric Gordon leading the attack.
    DeAndre Jordan with a guy like Anderson creating space for him to operate PnR...so they probably
    compliment each other. New owner would have stability of next year having Gordon, Tucker and Ryan
    Anderson under contract, while possibly shedding payroll to a tolerable amount with Isaiah Thomas,
    Lou Williams and DeAndre Jordan leaving this summer. Reminds me when the Astros were trying
    to sell and they brought their payroll down and traded guys like Pence. Only the Cavs would still
    be competitive the remainder of the season with IT, Sweet Lou, Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, Ryno, Tristan...
    they just need to remove J.R. Smith, Frye and/or Shumpert.

Ballscientist1 claimed she looked up that a team can only trade 5 years in the future worth of picks.
    I’m not sure; but if that is true I’m guessing the Rockets have two 1st and about 2 or 3 second rounders
    to offer. Give them all for LeBron and D-Wade while moving Ryno. Cavs could then package some 2nds
    to move J.R. or Shumpert or Tristan or Frye.

D-Wade tweeted Harden last night something like, [congratulations on 60 pt triple double. Now you aren’t
    playing fair!!!!]. Possible buddy-buddy moment with soon to be future teammates??? A don’t forget about me
    if LeBron goes to H-town? Oh yeah....we can dream.

K-Love averages 18.2 pts (Ryan 10), 9.6 rbs (Ryan (5.4). But Love does it on 12 FGA’s/ game while Ryan
    shoots 8 FGA’s/ game. Love shoots 4.5 FTA’s/ game while Ryan shoots 1.5 FTA’s/ game. If the Cavs
    put Ryan in the post he could probably avg 14 points 7 rbs. So about 4 points 2 Rbs less than K-Love at
    $3 mil less.....big deal.

#605 ApacheWarrior, Jan 31, 2018
    DM'sVP likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

cont’d
    Bud Norris and Wandy Rodriguez. Lol

7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Your correct on Lou. You cannot reacquire a player via trade or signed from buyout in a league year. It is insane how helpful those $8M contracts are for such quality players. It is so easy to package players to get there. Avery can be traded now just not as part of a package from Clippers. Damn good defensive wing.

8. ilias

ilias Member

Only way to get rid off Anderson is to get one or two bad contracts back. Looking at teams that are ready to blow it up, Orlando is a good partner for such a trade. At its simplest form a trade between the two teams could look like Anderson for Biyombo. If we bring in Biyombo we would not need Black. Adding Black in the mix a possible trade could be Anderson, Black and 2nd-round pick for Biyombo and Simmons. Simmons would allow us to play Ariza more minutes at the 4, while Biyombo is an improvement over our current back-up center situation. At an extreme, we could throw Gordon and Fournier in the mix: Anderson, Black, Gordon, 2nd rounder for Biyombo, Simmons and Fournier. Fournier is playing better than Gordon this year (39% from 3), Simmons and Biyombo are upgrades over Anderson and Black. The Magic get to save around $30m over the duration of these contracts.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Orlando is perfect trade partner but I'd rather hav3 Speights and Aaron Gordon. Another small trade for Nerlens Noel.

Harden/Green
    Paul/EGordon
    Ariza/Moute
    AGordon/Anderson
    Speights/Nene/Noel

LeBron dream still in play for offseason.

seeingredtx likes this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Capela is all but untouchable in my book - Its true that Harden makes him look good but the chemistry between them is what makes it all work.

AG for Capela doesn't move the needle.

11. aroundtheblock2

DMo's career in Houston is over for eternity. This board needs to finally accept his fate as an above average overseas player who is most likely going to be play in to his early 30s and retire after another injury.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG can do everything on offense that Clint does, except with more speed, stamina, explosiveness and ball handling. More importantly AG also provides the added dimension of 3 point threat. Opposing defenses will not be able to double/trap Harden or Paul because AG can roll hard for the oop, put ball on floor and take it to rim, find open man or stick it from 3. AG is Clint and Ryno rolled into one player. AG would be another facilitator.

AG cannot defend 5’s as well as Clint, but he is a better switch defender and perimeter defender than Clint. He can run for days with high energy and is a grittier defender. AG plus Speights is an upgrade over PJ and Clint. The Nerlens Noel addition is pure icing on the cake. Noel can do everything Clint can do but always above the rim. Noel will finish with dunks more often. And he plays with a nastier attitude. And while he has a smaller frame, he goes 1000 miles per hour and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Noel can take a rebound and go coast to coast. Plus he already knows and has proven success in MDA system. Mike already trusts him, unlike Black.

Love Clint, not just because of how much he’s improved but because his work ethic and like ability. However, Clint wears down especially late in games and settles for layups instead of dunking it. Clint also struggles with small lineups as well as the bigger stronger centers. And he is not a threat on perimeter like AG and Speights. Noel can also put ball on floor to get to rim something Clint has improved on but is not a strength. AG, Noel and Speights do not only upgrade the Rockets’ starting 5, both offensively and defensively, but it also deepens and strengthens the rotation.

More importantly Rockets improve THIS season but if they do not win it all, Rockets still have Ryno’s Contract plus AG, Noel, etc. as sweeteners for LeBron, either in trade package or to trade away for future firsts.

Chemistry is nice but championships are better.

And it’s not like AG will not endear himself to Harden (create their own chemistry) because the kid works like a dog, has high BBIQ, extremely unselfish player and is positionally versatile.

#612 D-rock, Jan 31, 2018
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

LMAO love these.... AG and all that other stuff is made up fantasy. Not even in the remote possibility of it happening. But still fun. Way bigger fish to fry.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

No but seriously look out for OKC to move one of the 2 if not both before the deadline. $250-$300 million in tax and salary next year. No way that cheap organization foots the bill with a 2nd tier team.

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Won’t win the ship. Either pay that tax and lose every year and not win the West. Or lose them for nothing. Stuck between a rock and a hard place

17. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Here's the source that I use to check on future draft considerations.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I looked up the same site last night. From what I gathered Houston pretty much has:

17/18: No first (CP3 deal) / 2nd rounder (from Memphis at the moment)
    18/19: 1st rounder / probably no 2nd rounder (to be determined)
    19/20: 1st rounder / 2nd rounder
    20/21: 1st rounder / 2nd rounder
    21/22: 1st rounder / 2nd rounder
    22/23: 1st rounder / 2nd rounder

So at the moment Houston can trade the 19/20 1st rd pick & 21/22 1st rd pick if they trade Ryan now.

But if the Rockets wait until after this upcoming draft June 21st, 2018...18/19 1st round pick then becomes eligible.
    From that point Houston could offer 18/19 1st rd pick, 20/21 1st rd pick, 22/23 1st rd pick

So I have no doubt Ryan will be traded. Just a matter of when. After June 21st will be the fall back plan.
    If I’m a bottom feeder team, I would take Ryan for 2 future first rounders and 3 future second rounders.
    Ryan could mentor my young players while taking his lumps on a struggling young team. Ryan’s contract
    will expire and come off my teams book right when those young players start becoming proficient.

Kuzma was something like the 27th pick in first round. Quality pick late in draft.
    Josh Hart was something like 30th pick in first round. Quality pick late in draft.

Former coach Sam Mitchell was on NBA tv the night Blake was traded. He was dumbfounded on what
    Detroit may be building. Sam said he has been working with an organization dealing with high school
    basketball players for the last 5 years. Mitchell stated this draft is deeper than last summer. And
    for the next 5 years you can see is much the same. Tremendous talent coming up the pipeline.

Rockets can’t trade consecutive yrs 1st’s in transactions prior to any one draft in particular.

#618 ApacheWarrior, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  19. fattz

fattz Member

Love and Shumpret
    ...for...
    Anderson and Gordon

Money works we give to get. Love bounces back to Twolf form. (He is the same age as Harden). Green helps with the loss of Gordon plus pick up a little defenseman on a shorter contract.

20. markelliott1997