1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think he's a solid player on a bad team .... He only gets ~12mpg and pulls down 4.2 boards and averages better than a block per while shooting .673.

Those numbers aren't bad at all , then factor in he only makes $1.47m. That's a bargain if you ask me ..... not that $$$ is a factor , he's an upgrade over Black and Nene statistically.

I've watched several Mav's games this season and think has pretty solid footwork setting picks and rolling to the rim he'd look a lot better offensively having Harden / CP3 throwing him lobs to dunk - He is 7'2" with a huge wingspan.

2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think we will acquire some combo of the following players around the trade deadline (favorites bolded). Probably would only acquire 1 or 2 players as there is not a lot of playing time to spare. My goal would be able to keep players fresh for playoffs and ensure (hopefully) no drop-off when backups get on the court. Also, with an eye towards this summer and the pursuit of the King. :)

G Jerian Grant (CHI)
    G / F Tyreke Evans (MEM)
    G Spencer Dinwiddie (BRK)
    F Henry Ellenson (DET)
    F Skal Labissiere (SAC)
    F Luke Babbitt (ATL) -- 45% on above the break 3's
    C Kyle O’Quinn (NYK)
    C / F Richaun Holmes (PHI)
    C / F Marreese Speights (ORL)

Something like:
    Onuaku to ATL for Babbitt
    Tarik Black + rights to Llull to MEM for Evans
    TWill + MIA's 2nd+ rights to Gentille to PHI for Holmes

2018- 2019 Championship Rox (back to back champions ;) )
    Paul - Evans - vet / rookie
    Harden - Green - Wade
    Ariza - LMBM - Hartenstein
    James - Tucker - Qi
    Capela - Nene - Holmes

EDIT: this is presuming we don't make a move for Mirotic (probably headed to Utah) or Teletovic (Bucks could package him for a big man) and include Ryno

#562 jch1911, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    jb86 likes this.
  3. markelliott1997

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ryno/memphis2nd for Avery/leuer

For Detroit
    They shed a bad contract and get a useful player back. Seemingly great fit next to Drummond for spacing. SVG had great success with a ryan next to a dominant Big and lots of shooting. Leuer is likely a worse contract but at less dollars. For Detroit they don’t really have cap space so this is a solid way for them to improve their team. Bradley likely walks anyways this offseason so capitalizing on his expiring deal.

For Houston
    They swap offense for defense and swap a bad contract for a slightly worse contract albeit at less money. The thinking is throw more switchable defenders at gsw, obviously. But even more so, flexibility.

Leuer is a worse contract but at a much lower dollar amount per year. In the off season he would be easier to send off as a dump, especially considerring you could use 6m in cash as sweetener.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Out the window goes half your matching money for Lebron in the offseason -

They need contracts that expire AFTER next season , not contracts that expire this season.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

the Pistons have made Avery Bradley (groin) available in trade talks

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

#568 DM'sVP, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just an idea.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8rndrlw

To ORLANDO
    Ryan Anderson
    Nanu

To HOUSTON
    Nic Vucevic
    DJ Augustine
    Mario Hezonja

Breaks up Ryan's contract into smaller parts to make them easier to move in the summer to chase LeBron etc.
    Adds C depth and shooting at C to play "5 out."
    Adds a 4th PG for the playoff run that shoots 40% from 3.
    Take a flyer on Hezonja and nab his bird rights.

You could also remove Hezonja from this deal and add Mo Speights if desired.

It is CLOSE but I think this deal keeps the team under the Luxury Tax. If not, removing Hezonja for Speights definitely does.

Not sure all of Orlando's motives and what they are trying to achieve but they liked Anderson in the past.

What do you think @Clutch?

mikol13, Corrosion and Clutch like this.
  10. markelliott1997

Couldn't you just sign vets this coming off-season to one year deals?

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Interesting proposal, Deuce... definitely well-thought out.

The problem with any Ryan Anderson trade is that final question you imply ... what would be the motive of any team in acquiring Ryan Anderson? If a team can unload a worse contract (example: Joakim Noah), that's a clear one. If the Rockets are dangling a real asset along with Anderson, that could be one. It's just very hard to see any team acquiring Ryan Anderson the player given his contract. Because, frankly, the best fit it would seem for Ryan Anderson in the entire league would be Houston.

I don't have a good enough feel for Orlando's take on those players. I know Hezonja was worthless to them (they declined his option for next year) until recently when he has started to come on. The length of Augustin's deal is the same as Anderson's ... it would give the Rockets a decent third PG option.

If Orlando thinks they'd rather have Anderson and two empty roster spots than those three, I can see that possibly working... but it's a big if because they're taking the most salary commitment in the deal.

BigMaloe, D-rock, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, I have no clue as to Orlando's goals. They probably don't want to pay BOTH of Biyombo and Vuc (who is still injured from a broken finger, though due to be back later in Feb I think). So, I could see them wanting to do something there. That was part of my thinking. Feels like their entire roster could be had for the right price.

Detroit might have interest in Anderson. Same for the Nets since they play the same style as the Rockets.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

I say stand with what is current on the team till a lot of these players will be bought out.

14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I can't edit this twice so I'm replying to it...

I think...
    New York would owe a draft pick to LA for Clarkson
    LA would owe a draft pick to Houston for taking on Lopez and one to Detroit for Bradley
    Houston would owe a draft pick to NY for O'quinn and one to Detroit for taking Anderson

NOTE: Ideally Bradley would go to a 5th team (contender) and a pick would go from that team to Detroit, but I'm limited to 4 teams on the trade machine. For example lets say that Cleveland is the 5th team. They would send Frye to LA and a pick to Detroit.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather have Biyombo over Vuc, and Speights over Augustine or Hezonja.

16. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Really? Vuc is an absolute monster when he's on. Go look at the run he had in December. It'd take a decent haul to get him.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

May need to let go of the banana boat dream if Rockets want to trade Ryno THIS season.

Ryno package for LeBron was a pipedream too, just like Ryno for Melo. Neither Cavs or Knicks want anything to do with Ryno, or his contract. It would take 1 first rounder just to get teams to listen IMO.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Very good player, not a great fit for Rockets.

19. valorita

valorita Member

Harris was just traded to Clips.
    Ryno Troy and a first
    For
    Tobias and Wes

20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Don't think players can be packaged once they have been traded... can be traded by themselves IIRC