1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycl3dfl2

LeGM trades himself to Houston for Ryno, Tucker, but to save face we have to include Capela and Joe Chee

We then swap Black and Williams to Dallas for Noel and find another PF after buyouts

Paul/Gordon
    Harden/Green
    Ariza/Luc
    LeBron
    Noel/Nene

Rockets beat the Warriors in 7 on their way to a ring, Noel averages a double double and basketballaholic faints....

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ya im sure the mavs want to help us facilitate a trade for Lebron, including letting us have Noel in the process for 2 scrubies.. What actually in it for Mavericks?,They get there hands on one of the best scrubs in the nba "Tarik MF Black" of all possible nba possiblities. smh

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Matthews, a starter, is worth a 1st, then Noel, a 3rd-4th string back up, can't be worth more than two 2nds.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's Morey time. Go get us some bargains big man. Stanley Johnson????

Cashmoney likes this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Two trades done at the same time to fill in the holes made by one another.

Cavs
    Love...for...Anderson & Capela

Kings
    WCS, Vince Carter (exp), and first round pick... for... Gordon

We would be a better team and trades fill the other teams’ needs, too.

Love > Anderson
    Love is superior in all ways to Anderson => 3rd AllStar (he is and will always be a POS because of what he did to Scola. Lebron and Love have similar skill sets so Love has not looked as good as he truly is in years)

Capela = WCS
    With the Harden & CP3 rub WCS maybe even better that Capela. WCS has been on a bad team his whole career. WCS has another year left on rookie scale. Hard to pay Capela next season anyway.

Gordon > Carter
    Carter is a vet Coach would play plus Green has had Gordon’s role in the past, too => play it by community

This keeps us with at least 2 super stars the same age as Harden (just in case CP3 walks in the off season => yes that could happen). Plus we get a 1st round pick, too.

Side note:
    If Lebron still wants to come he will have to take a sizable pay cut next season => not hold us hostage.

#528 fattz, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I’ve been here a long time and lurked for longer and this is legit the first time I’ve ever seen @Clutch post in the random trade threads with actual hypothetical trades.

I’m guessing even he is hearing whispers of ryno being moved.

jch1911 likes this.
  10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Completely random: Aminu would be good here, too. Especially if we lose Luc in the offseason.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've had been a lurker for a decade ....Still don't post a whole lot.

I Think you might be right , this is a first.

Have seen him respond to a few posts / correct cap or CBA issues but never an actual trade proposal .

jch1911 and BigMaloe like this.
  12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

IMO Anderson for Randolph and Carter makes the most sense.

Or, bring in NY and try to snag O'quinn as well
    SAC get: Anderson, T. Williams and a first
    NY gets: Justin Jackson, Onuaku and possibly a 2nd round pick
    HOU gets: Randolph, Carter and O'Quinn

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why is Randolph so coveted? He is not a stretch 4. Even as a 5 he would be a below rim player.

Good player, bad fit.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I don't think he warrants giving up a 1st rd pick, but Randolph as a backup 5 (in a 5-out offense) would work. He's a passable 3-point shooter that won't get bullied on the glass. His contract is the same length as Ryno's, but it is much easier to move at $12MM per year. Carter is expiring and provides wing depth.

If we are moving Ryno, I'm assuming it's because we are trying to make a big move this offseason. Opening up enough cap space for a difference-maker would require us gutting our team (renouncing FAs like Ariza, trading Tucker and Gordon, etc.), so I'm assuming a trade is the best avenue for us. Therefore, it may be more be more beneficial for us to acquire two-year deals, as opposed to expiring contracts that we couldn't use in a trade in the off-season.

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Good point on the expiring and Randolph would make a decent 5 (still not a great PnR center who will dive hard and finish at rim) but not sure if 3rd string 5 would make him a happy camper.

Chemistry is important, even at end of bench. All I hear out of Sac is that they love Randolph and Vince. Have you heard differently?

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

We get Love (who I think is a better player than he shows on the Cavs). Kings get out of three bad contracts for taking on one. Cavs get veteran pieces while not giving up Tristan Thompson or Isiaih Thomas and Hill makes him expendable (meaning they can try to make a move for DeAndre Jordan). I think Love is a player upgrade and more movable as a player even if his contract is a little more. And Calderon could be injury insurance

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Yeah Vlade told him differently.

SIL

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Much like Okafor earlier with Philly.

Why would we give you a first if you don’t even think he is good enough to be one of your rotational players.

D-rock likes this.
  19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I like Zach Randolph. Try to make it Morey this year. This year has a high chances to get champion. Our weak part is the power forward position. Before making this deal, u have to ask whether MDA uses him or put him on the bench for DNP

#539 elmotsangtt, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member