1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's interesting but, other than Dedmon's player option for next season, those are all expirings, and Belinelli and Ilyasova (I think) have positive trade value. Earlier this month it was reported that Atlanta is looking for picks and young players. I can't see them wanting Anderson and his contract.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...ines-potential-deals-watch-adrian-wojnarowski

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Ryan Anderson is going to be tough to move no matter what, but two trades I think about:

Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley for Ryan Anderson + (asset)
    But Phoenix would be taking an EXTRA year of $20M in salary as Chandler and Dudley each have just one season left after this one. Can't see the Suns doing that unless the asset was significant.

George Hill for Ryan Anderson
    Very similar contract... Hill makes a little less. I can't see Sacramento doing that BUT Anderson is from Sacramento, they had interest in him in the past and Vlade Divac is just plain dumb. I've felt for awhile that Hill would be great with the Rockets, but now (with CP3 here) they have a trio of guards that gobble up the minutes. I'd still take him over Anderson and I think his contract would be easier to move in the offseason than Anderson's.

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I like the first one in terms of vets who can contribute and provide better defense for the 2nd unit.

Also, thanks for your comments on my post and hosting / administrating one of the best GD%^&%#&%#^ sites on the internet.

(1) I've been coming to clutch city / clutch fans since I was in law school (97/98) (I think.. lol)
    (2) I appreciate the fandom here
    (3) I need to discuss becoming a contributing member (like how much and how)

D-rock, BigMaloe, whiskeyred and 2 others like this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Ryan Anderson+Tarik Black for Marvin Williams and Cody Zeller.

5. musketoon

musketoon Member

What about a three team deal: Rockets trade Rino to Cavs, Cavs trade Kevin Love to rockets, Clippers trade Deandre to Cleveland for 1st rd pick and TT, rockets give clippers 2nd round pick or an extra piece. Cleveland comes out with Deandre Jordan and Anderson, Houston effectively swaps Anderson and a 2nd for Love, Clippers pick up a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick and some filler/prospect at C. Probably wont happen but, could be a big play for all teams. I doubt Clippers would do it, though it would set them up better going down the road, just not much for this season.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would you consider it if that asset was Zhou Qi?

7. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

Channing Frye in the buyout market. After he is trade to the kings and brought out.

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

So Cavs give up love, tt, and a 1st for DeAndre and Ryno? Lol

SIL

arubato and seeingredtx like this.
  9. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

So now with Kevin Love faking some illness. Would you guys welcome him here in place of Anderson?
    I think a change of scenery would do him good. For too long now his name is being bashed there in Cleveland and not only bashed but he was being dangled by the Cavs as a trade piece the last 2 years.

whiskeyred and D-rock like this.
  10. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Looks as tho the kings are looking to move Skal Labissiere..... I think this is the kind of move that Morey capitalizes on.... especially it being Sactown.... he usually rapes them pretty good....

I like this kid and think he could really be a player here....

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

For Anderson, in a heartbeat. Not a fan of him, in general, but in the Anderson role yes. He's an excellent rebounder, can play inside and outside.

Imagine Anderson with less shooting skill, more talent, better rebounding, and more aggressive mindset.

Besides his contract, rynos big flaw isn't his home shooting it's his hesitant approach to launch. It needs to be bombs away, this makes the defense work harder. Its tough, cause he's such a p***y.

SIL

whiskeyred and seeingredtx like this.
  12. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Completely agree. I think Klove for Ryan is the only way I would bring in Love. I think Love is a better overall basketball player. Much better rebounder. When he gets open shots he will shoot and in the post Love has the edge.

I think a lot has changed with Loves game and it’s all because of LBJ. Love as a 4th-5th option on this team with him shooting 7-10 3’s a game would outperform anything Ryno has or could do.

whiskeyred, SirIvyLeague and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Skal sucks on D. Rather have Koufas.

14. musketoon

musketoon Member

Do you think TT @ like $20m for 3 more years is a POSITIVE asset? They give up love and 1st for one of the top centers and a 4 that might fill in whats missing. Anderson is a great team player, without the likelihood of mental issues. TT is a salary dump for them at that point.

15. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Wonder if we can get in on this CLE-SAC deal, taking on some contracts from CLE in the process. Right now, the rumored deal is:

Rose, Shumpert, Frye, some draft pick (likely a 2nd) for Hill

Let's assume CLE would be willing to part with their 2018 1st if they were able to offload JR's contract, saving Frye's expiring contract for another deal. We could then do a deal like this:

Ryno, Onuaku, Rose, CLE 1st to SAC
    Hill, T. Williams to CLE
    Shumpert and JR to HOU

Rationale:
    SAC
    gets a pick, a marginal prospect, DRose, and a hometown kid in exchange for a player who wants out
    CLE gets Hill, wind depth, and offloads two of their most onerous deals.They'd have Frye, TT, and the BKN pick to make another move.
    HOU gets rid of Ryno, breaking his deal into shorter components (Shump has 1 year remaining, JR has 2 years, but the last is only $3 MM guaranteed)

As essentially expiring deals, Shump and JR will be easier deals to move in the offseason. They'd provide matching salary if we were to make a trade for another star in the offseason (they'd be routed to a third team if this star was a Mr. LeBron James).

I included Williams and Onuaku so that the Rockets stay under the luxury tax line this year.

16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Do you think Rynos contract is a POSITIVE asset?

SIL

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I like your thought process.... But I prefer this trade and probably would not have to include picks. Plus Rox stay competitive for championship this year with pieces that could be moved next year.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y89tle9d
    Pacers pick up depth and stronger in the East
    Cavs same, but a better shot at winning the East this year
    Sac gets hometown kid, lets Z-Bo & Vince have a shot at the playoffs, plus cuts their bill going forward

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Clutch 1st one is good, but i think suns would want some compensation for taking that contract, its gonna cost the rockets probably 2 future first. Way morey drafts, it may be a bad idea, but if you think about the now factor, having even more defense like this added to the roster could push houston to back to back trophies.

19. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

I always thought Love would be the perfect PF in this offense. Which i why.. i wouldnt say no in dealing EG and Ryno for him.. it would suck. HUGE. But i think the end result is a better team. With Gerald Green basically falling out of the rotation with the team being healthy loosing Gordon we would at least still have Green there to fill a similar role off the bench.
    While the 6th man role/production goes down.. the PF role goes wayyyy up. I think in the end its a plus gain.

Would still be sad seeing EG go tho :(

fattz likes this.
  20. SRR21

SRR21 Member