1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

What's the reason for the absurd love of Hezonja on here? Sure, I'd take a flyer on the kid but not for too much. He dribbles so high, plays like an awkward Dekker and from what I see, his ceiling is a crummy Gallo.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Project, but I'd sign him. But would not be much help this season. Maybe Nene can teach Bebe some intensity and how to behave/work like a professional. Kid could be good, but diva attitude plus laziness are not good signs.

DonKnock and kwakmeister like this.
  3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I agree on Hezonja. Don't have to start him (I would) but at least guarantee him 25 min or so at least. Trading Dek,Harrell,Brewer and whatever other picks and pieces for Hezonja and Ibaka gives us a real shot this year.

Parley likes this.
  4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yes, Koufos does many things the Rockets like to do on offense. He has a decent block% while knowing
    how to foul and send players to the foul line where the player has to earn the points. Koufos is
    not a glamorous acquisition.....but I'm with you. Just FYI to those interested: per NBA.com/stats

Post Ups............................Freq........................................ppp...........................percentile
    Cousins (15/16)..................19.4%.....................................0.96................................82.1
    Cousins (16/17)..................21.1%.....................................0.93................................57.6

WCS.....(15/16)....................5.6%.......................................0.52..................................8.5 (Rookie)
    WCS.....(16/17)....................9.2%.......................................0.82................................31.8 (2nd season)

Capela..(15/16)...................4.4%.......................................0.58................................12.1 (2nd season)
    Capela..(16/17)...................3.8%.......................................0.87................................42.7 (3rd season)
    Note Kings post up Freq of main star Cousins. WCS would probably be asked to decrease the Freq
    of post ups w/Rockets
    as noted by Capela post up Freq.

Roll Man (PnR).....................Freq........................................ppp............................percentile
    Cousins (15/16).....................14.8%.....................................0.98................................45.2
    Cousins (16/17).....................15.1%.....................................0.97................................38.4
    D12........(15/16).....................9.3%.......................................1.10................................71.2

WCS......(15/16).....................14.2%......................................1.14..........(w/Rondo)....80.4 (#1 team Pace)
    WCS......(16/17).....................18.0%......................................1.11................................67.4 (#27th team Pace)
    Note Capela/Nene Freq this year
    Capela ...(16/17)......................
    27.3%....................................1.21................................82.0
    Nene.......(16/17).....................
    30.8%.....................................1.20................................79.1
    Rockets emphasize Centers running PnR as Roll Man
    Koufos.....(16/17)......................13.0%....................................1.41................................95.9 (Koufos would fit well)

By the way reports out say 76ers holding out for 1st rd pick from Pels for Okafor

#1904 Jatman20, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    carib and BigMaloe like this.
  5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Our bench is weak only eric can shoot more than 10. We need to increase bench power

D-rock likes this.
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't know how we could get him but he is restricted this offseason.

But Otto porter would look great in our offense. 46% on threes with 2 makes a game.

Decent rebounder.

He fits what we need at sf.

Cashmoney and DonKnock like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Definitely a good fit here (but i'd say everywhere tbh, the guy is just good), but i think he's going to stay in Washington 100%, they're all in with a set team at this point, i can see them using their picks/Oubre etc to try to upgrade the 4 maybe, Ibaka and/or Millsap should be pretty good for them, but i see no reason to not match every offer for Otto this summer.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree.

I don't see them not matching especially with this run they have been on lately.

I can't believe they declined his player option for next year. They could have had him for one more year on the cheap.

Not sure what their cap space looks like but I guess it doesn't matter when it comes to retaining porter.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wait wait, are you sure they didn't pick up his option for nent season? Isn't this his last year on rookie scale?

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's what one of there team reporters said today on NBA radio I found it odd myself

This is his 4th season so maybe I hear her wrong but I could have sworn she said that.

11. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Restricted Free Agent this upcoming summer. Estimated $7.73 qualifying offer. Add Trey Burke $4.59 mil qualifying offer (RFA) equals near $111 mil. So you can see where paying Porter max $ will leave them.

#1911 Jatman20, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Vivi likes this.
  12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Harrell/K.J./Brewer/Ariza/1st rounder to Phoenix for Chandler/Tucker/Barbosa

Ariza deserves better than to be banished to the perpetually rebuilding Suns, but this would be a way for us to shake things up, add an elite rebounder to lock down the paint and wind up with two rotation-caliber perimeter players. Tucker has the chops to fill the Ariza role and Barbosa is a lethal shooter. Chandler could potentially be a defensive stabilizer that helps us avoid all of these late game collapses.

13. j@amc

j@amc Member

I couldn't agree more. All you have to do is dig out Hezonja's work on the Olympic team or Euroleague. He's a fantastic prospect, and I wouldn't go for the highlights. Watch the games and you'll see a player that they turned to for offense, could stop people from driving the basket, made shots on the perimeter within a structured offense, etc.

I have no idea how they can't put him in a situation where he can succeed down in Orlando other than the fact that they've decided to go with Gordon and Fournier who are better at this point in their careers.

Hezonja needs a fresh start, but if we get him and he sits on the bench that'll be of no use.

Whatever we add, we have to use.

basketballholic likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brandon Jennings and Kyle O'Quinn for Corey Brewer and a second round pick.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Brewer, Dekker and Harrell + pick for Ibaka, Wilcox and Rudez on condition with Ibaka will re-sign with Rockets this off season

KJ and Ennis + pick for Lou Williams

Beverley / Williams
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Ibaka / Capela / Nene

Harden slides to backup SF, Ibaka to backup PF in rotation. Cash in on out our little assets for playoff runs during Hardens prime.

ilias likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh ok, that's what i remembered.

@YaoMing#1 i guess she was a bit confused lol, they would've been crazy to renounce his option

17. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I like the Jennings idea. Dynamic playmaker on a one-year deal who loves to get out and run. Fearless shooter, as well.

RudyTBag and HTX Ninja like this.
  18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Will Barton would be amazing on this team replacing Brewer... smh.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Some comparative rim protection numbers after some of the names we've seen thrown around on here:

% change in FG% when defended < 6ft from the basket:
    Boban: -12.3%
    Zubac: -12%
    Hibbert: -11.6%
    Len: - 11.6%
    Seraphin: -11.6%
    Noel: -11.5%
    Whiteside: -11.3%

Howard: -7%
    Jordan: -7%

Capela: -5.9%

Nogiera: -4.7%

Cauley-Stein: -2%
    Okafor: -1.7%

Koufas: -0.2%
    Chandler: -0.2&

Ajinca: +1%

Jokic: +1.3%
    Vucevic: +1.4%

#1919 DonKnock, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Good stuff @DonKnock

I've really grown at the idea of Noel even though I would prefer Tyson still because of cost per and cost to acquire. Not to mention the veteran presence and mentoring he could provide, but Noel gives the much higher long term ceiling I believe.

I don't think Philly trades him anymore though. If they ship jahlil out they likely keep him as injury insurance and backup. I think they move Holmes instead.

The advanced stats just love Kyle oquin but do they move him? I think they are going youth moment and would like to keep him and prefer to move Noah obviously.

Ajinca is probably super cheap. His at rim def% isn't great but his PnR def% and post up def% are very good.

Koufos is a great fit offensively but nothing but average defensively. Likely just a little more expensive than Ajinca.

Tyson is a great fit on both sides and again likely just a little more expensive than both koufos and Ajinca.

I feel like morey is bargain hunting because he doesn't want to shed our 1st.

That leaves our assets pretty unflattering if we don't include the 1st.

Jatman20, D-rock and DonKnock like this.