1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

You are correct on many points as usual. I've given the numbers on WCS probably on this thread in the past.
    Now for the update. Keep in mind to all those looking at these numbers. Kings were #1 in Pace last year
    with George Karl....now they employ the former Grizz coach Joeger (currently #27 the in Pace).

(I went thru the effort on writing down these numbers so I may putting them down, even though you posted
    actually liking WCS.....Gosh darn it!! Lol). per NBA.com/stats
    Transition 16/17..........Freq...............................ppp.................................percentile.................
    Dekker..............................25.8%..............................1.21........................................69.6
    Casspi...............................28.9%..............................1.32........................................87.7
    Capela..............................12.0%..............................1.17........................................61.9
    WCS..................................11.9%..............................1.18........................................64.0

Edited/completed later.

#1861 Jatman20, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  2. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

ClutchFan account locked up. Everyone dodged that bullet

D-rock likes this.
  3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Screw Casspi, get McLemore

Cashmoney likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

No it isn't bro. He played for one of the best coaches at Kentucky. And George Karl was many things but a bad coach he was not. Joerger is also well regarded.

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I would just direct people to go to NBA.com/stats....Freq/ppp/percentile
    Transitions (16/17) WCS,Capela,Casspi, Dekker
    Spot up: (16/17) Casspi, Dekker
    Cuts: (16/17) Casspi, Dekker, Ariza, WCS, Capela
    Catch&Shoot (16/17) Casspi, Dekker, Ariza
    Post ups: (15/16 & 16/17) WCS, Cousins, Capela, Casspi
    Roll-Man (PnR): (15/16) WCS, Cousins (16/17) WCS, Cousins, Capela, Dekker, Casspi, Koufos
    Iso: (15/16) WCS, Cousins (16/17) Cousins (WCS did not register)

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Cousins going off against the Warriors should further ensure he's a top priority for any team that wants to contend.

If I'm the Cavs instead of trading Love for Melo, I'd trade him for Cousins.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i listened to a kings only podcast who spent the whole podcast just absuing WCS how lazy he is, even in shoot arounds staff don't care how he doesn't take it serious because they know nothing will get through to him, they don't even rave about his potential for a homer podcast and chalk him up to being lazy and not caring

8. basketballholic

No question he is a lame brain. But the coaching staff is not developing him. Sacramento has serious problems. They should discipline him. But they either can't or won't because they let Damarcus act like a spoiled brat. The other players see that and they will almost all push for the envelope boundaries, some of them discovering they don't exist.

When you pay guys millions of dollars to throw a ball around you'd better have rules, discipline, and standard of behavior. Sac has none of that. WCS isn't going to develop there.

But none of that was my point. My point was even with lack of coaching and discipline, WCS will still react quicker defensively in the paint than Capela will.

Jatman20 likes this.
  9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

So you are saying we can get him cheap. Buy now. Lol

10. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

That could be an option BigggRedd. I just prefer Casspi 3-pt shooting over McLemore. 38% vs 29%.

Casspi has always been a good outside shooter in his career. McLemore has been a huge disappointment
    imo over the span of his career. Not that he can't turn that around. per NBA.com/stats:
    Catch & Shoot (16/17)........mins.............3PM..........3PA...........3P%.................eFG%
    Dekker....................................19.6................0.8............2.4............34.1.................51.1
    Casspi.....................................18.0................0.5............0.9............50.0.................76.2
    Ariza........................................34.6................2.1............5.6............37.1.................55.6
    Casspi doesn't get many attempts but I feel more confident right now in Casspi shooting over Dekker.

Spot Up (16/17)...................Freq............................ppp.........................percentile
    Casspi....................................28.9%.......................0.68...............................6.8
    Dekker...................................41.4%........................0.86.............................29.6 (Dekker gets the nod here)

Cuts (16/17).........................Freq..............................ppp........................percentile
    Casspi..................................14.8%...........................0.95.............................11.8
    Dekker..................................7.5%............................1.45..............................81.4
    Throw in: Ariza.....................3.2%............................1.50..............................87.7
    Capela..................................32.8%..........................1.19..............................43.1
    WCS.......................................31.8%..........................1.19..............................43.1
    I've seen Casspi cut to the rim before and I feel he could sneak to the rim on plenty of occasions w/Rockets with effectiveness

Where Casspi has a slight advantage on Dekker might be:
    Post Ups: ..............................Freq............................ppp.............................percentile
    Casspi (15/16)........................1.3%..........................1.20..............................98.6 (no record of post ups 16/17)
    Dekker (15/16 & 16/17).........(No record)...........in the playoffs the post up by Casspi could come in handy vs
    Curry, Irving, George Hill, etc in forced mismatches/switches...... to a small degree.

#1870 Jatman20, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  11. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

It's not easy to find a player comparable to WCS few mins on the court. Brandon Bass was close.
    .................mins...........dist miles....di miles off.....di miles def...avg speed.....av sp off......av sp def
    WCS........12.4................0.88.............0.46...............0.42................4.27.................4.42.............4.11
    Bass........12.2.................0.86.............0.47..............0.39.................4.23................4.47.............3.97

Capela..............................................................................................4.19................4.62.............3.80
    Cousins............................................................................................4.23................4.47.............3.97

http://stats.nba.com/players/speed-distance/

I can't validate the claim WCS is lazy or not....I'm not there during practices. I'm sure he could study
    the game more. I can't say laziness is reflecting in his game in terms of hustle. Yes in knowledge
    of defensive rotations. Did I mention that George Karl wrote a book recently. In the book supposedly
    Rudy Gay greeted new head coach George Karl by saying, "welcome to basketball hell." Not too many
    players are enthusiastic about playing in Sacramento.

Did someone report his college coach said WCS had poor habits. I missed it if they did. Coming from
    that coach would speak volumes.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I like this trade idea.

D-rock likes this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

I would take Onuaku over WCS at this point....oh wait.

14. rockets13champs

PJ Tucker would be a nice brewer replacemebt

Jatman20 likes this.
  15. PTX

PTX Member

Cousins & Casspi
    For
    Capella, Decker, KJ, Brewer, Ennis, rights to Gentile, a 1st & 2nd.

Bev
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Cousins

Gordon
    Casspi
    Harrel
    Nene
    And maybe Lance S/ Larry Sanders type signing. Along with a unsigned point guard

16. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I pushed for Noel/Stauskas since November. I would not have included Harrell back then; but
    now I would. 27 more games in the regular season after the Orlando game Tuesday.

D-rock likes this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Man I would go IN for Hezonjia if he's on the block and we can get him without giving up too much .

We need talent we need stars and this uuu has all the tools . Yes he's not good right now , yeah his attitude sucks , but that's why he might be available and at his salary and age he's got incredible upside for us .

See if a combo of Ennis , onuaku , Joe shee , draft pick can land him . We'd have to give up some future talent for this guy since we don't want to give up any current contributors.

Someone brought up in another thread a comparison between the deal for him and twill and I agree . They are different type of players but they are both high upside gambles.

Harden is incredible and we want to win now . But (history says) we need another top player . Even though right now we seem to have close to perfect complementary role players and system we may not have enough talent to win .

Between Dekker , harrel , onuaku , shee , and Clint the hope is that these guys can develop into players or be traded for top ones .

Hezonjia would be a gamble , but I can guarantee he'd stop thinking he's the best player in the world after harden works his ass for a hour in practice .

ORL has no alpha dog or vets that can put him in his place , we've got a few

skroodup25, DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hezonja's value is at it's lowest. Would bring him in as part of trade filler too. These are the kind of deals that Morey just eats up. Can't just bring in a guy like Ibaka who may leave without another young guy who has potential to explode if in right situation.

As for bad attitude, some of our best Rockets' teams had guys with bad attitudes. Mad Max, Mario Ellie, Ron Artest, etc. Need some crazies on the team to push our softies.