1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Harden is not Jesus to do miracles.
    And also if let's say we accept as fact that he could SMH make WCS an all star. then he could make Capela an MVP.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Things have already started bad and it seems there's not much room for improvement but only room to get even worse for Orlando. If Hennigan already accepts as fact he will get fired and someone other starts making the decisions trying to save what value can be saved Ibaka will hit the trade market in February because fat chance he resigns with a team with a bottom 5 record.
    It will be interesting to see now how much his value has fallen and if Toronto is still interested in trading for him. They should but we will see.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Cut Ennis and Wiltjer or Onuaku.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I just really like nene because he can pick and pop. Has a nice little jumper from the elbow. Would there still be minutes for him with WCS and Clint.

5. valorita

valorita Member

yes because one of the two wouldn't be here

6. fattz

fattz Member

Small trade...
    Harrell for Babe
    Both make about the same.
    Raptors need a power forward Harrell has promise for not much cap space --> moving Babe opens up room for their top draft pick.

Rockets need a center with good hands that finish at the cup and rebounds.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

8. malakas

malakas Member

DonKnock likes this.
  9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

100% agree but we have to hope that Pacers keep losing...And hope Larry Bird loves Dekker and Capella...

I wonder if Larry would rather have the BKN pick over Dekker and Capella.

10. Embrace the clutch

I think Corey Brewer and two 2nds could net us Deron Williams. Many people are probably down on D will but in a limited reserve role we may be able to get some solid production out of him. He has produced when healthy is able to effectively run an offense and is reliable 3pt shooter. This trade assist in the Dallas rebuild by giving them two future draft picks and allows us to boost our bench production and also open up cap space next off season by shedding brewers 7 million salary and D wills contract ends after this year. Win win for both sides

malakas likes this.
  11. CertifiedTroll

Idea I will propose. On December 14th straight trade up trade with NY.

NY Gets: KJ, Brewer, Ennis

Hou Gets: Courtney Lee, Miles Plumlee

Why this could work? By the 14th of December, NYs record may be horrible. Courtney is 31 years old. The young age of KJ could be appealing. For us Lee is ELITE at D, a sharp shooter ( .44 from 3 this year [low volume {which DOES inflate his stat IMO}]), and a veteran. Having him and Ariza around Harden as the PG is a dream come true.. I will never forget Lee defending and shutting down Chris Paul in his prime.

The issue with Lee is that he is not very assertive on offense and does not create his own shot. On a team with Melo and Rose, no one is going to give you an open look. I think he will be utilized to his max potential in our system.

NY does not use Plumlee, and I am not sure we would either. I just wanted to get rid of two mistakes on our roster in this trade.. One thing to note about Plumlee though, he may be big and clumsy, but he hustles hard. So he is a big body with 5 fouls. It would be nice to have a bench warmer that is 7' for a change.

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Lee is going to drop off significantly in a matter of time.

13. CertifiedTroll

Agreed. As are all players. I would imagine he as much shelf life as Ariza. Are we going for win now? If so, this is a step towards win now.

14. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

According to NBA Sirius XM The Golden State are Shopping Klay Thompson. If I am Morey I would be all over this. Talking about a perfect fit next to Harden. I wonder what would it take to get him.

15. malakas

malakas Member

It's Marshall. :) Marshall, Miles and Mason. That family liked names starting with M a lot.

wut?
    I'm pretty sure if it was true there would be more ppl reporting than Sirius XM.

16. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

17. thiefery

thiefery Member

A Kings ransom lol.. Not sure how accurate this is but we don't have assets to realistically get him here. I do however think Boston, Philly can possibly get him with all the picks they have and in Phillys case, big Bodies that can protect the rim (Noel) or score (Okafore)

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If they trade Klay that team defense will fall off even more. Outside Green he is the only legit defender

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Just got team stream updates that Klay could be traded and cousins by mid December? Not surprised on the latter.

Don't think we have anything to offer for either, unfortunately.

20. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Beverley, Ariza, Capela, 1st and two 2nds?