1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

He is a Hawk (bird; semi-free....UFA to be).. Old-school game (not much on spacing per "new game" tactics)

ramotadab likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Spurs really like Boban. That tells you one thing of the type of guy he is. The Pistons made an offer this offseason (basically because they had cap cash to spend) and Boban signed there. Drummond is their future right now and Baynes is the backup. So I theorized that Boban could be available. Not a bad contract (5/5/9). Could use KJ/Ennis. Beno Udrih could be thrown in too.

@Codman made some allusions to the Rockets adding a big that had an "old man's game" and "he's coMING" so I kind of likened Boban to Yao.
    I am sure @craguin can pull up the codman notations.

Anyway, Boban was my guess. Not the typical BIG you would think for an MDA team. But keep in mind, this BIG would be for "situational purposes" so he could be really effective in limited minutes and in certain situations. And he isn't a chemistry risk.

Vivi likes this.
  3. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Oh that's right. I remember bringing up that sports agency client list off the internet. I mainly focused on
    Centers/PF's overseas.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think hobbits would be protecting the wrong kind of rim.

Jatman20 likes this.
  5. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Dwight makes Dwight obsolete

ramotadab and BigMaloe like this.
  6. craguin

craguin Member

The phrases you're referencing came from two separate posts. Codman wrote "It's coming" versus "he's coMING".

"All about that treble", I thought, was a reference to Meghan Trainor's song "All About That Bass (No Treble)", hence my response in post #82 in that thread (e.g. his previous mention naming Brandon Bass). After his second post I guessed, Haslem or Ajinça (admittedly wants out of New Orleans) in post #94 of that thread.

Not sure why he mentions Ricky from 'Boyz n the Hood' as a player with "an old mans game", "enforces", and who is "mentally out". The other angle could be that Ricky wanted to go to USC. Maybe it's a reference to Nic Vucevic, who had been benched in late November until the past 9 games. I don't think he meant Taj Gibson if it is the USC angle.

Deuce, mikol13, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  7. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Oh I see. Nostradamus type predictions can leave many chasing their tails. I hold nothing against
    Codman if things do not materialize as life always changes in real-time.

If the movie referenced is "Boyz n the Hood" Ricky was played by Morris Chestnut. There is a Morris
    that plays for Detroit ...not a free agent to be...but has a very favorable contract. My internet is acting
    up again.

Edited later: M. Morris is a former Kansas Jayhawk

#1607 Jatman20, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    ramotadab and Vivi like this.
  8. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

@D-rock So what do you think of:
    Bev/EGo..............................Gabe York
    Harden................................EGo/Bev/Ariza/York
    Ariza/Morris.........................Dekker............................................Brewer
    Ryno/Dekker........................Nene/
    Morris/Harrell
    Capela/*
    Larry Sanders........Nene/Harrell

Larry Sanders apparently had a workout with Boston recently
    Possibly KJ & Ennis used in a trade for Morris

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hg8s729

#1608 Jatman20, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

York, Morris and Sanders are serious upgrades to KJ, Ennis and My Perogative.

Jatman20 likes this.
  10. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

If Sanders can play, I hope the Rockets get him before The Cavs or Boston sign him.

Morey will probably sign Payton II before York. One of those wink-wink deals they talked about
    on the D-league / foreign player thread I started about a month ago.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope Morey at least has MDA work out Sanders. Rockets are top 3 team and pace and space system is perfect for Larry Sanders. Sanders is only going to return to play for a winner, or with a team in contention to win it all.

IMO, York and GP2 should not be competing for same backup spot. One backs up Harden-Gordon and other primarily backs up Bev.

DonKnock and Jatman20 like this.
  12. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yes but only so many roster spots. Not sure if you've followed posts leading up to this one?
    I'm leaning towards one of the targeted Free-Birds as Marcus Morris. Enforcer (not as much as
    his brother Markief imo). One of the teams mentioned. Salary fits players exiting. Former Jayhawk
    which was a fictional bird....thus free. Morris twins workout during the summer w/Rockets players.

So with Morris/Sanders/York or GP2.....Chinanu would need to be traded or cut with Bobby Brown.
    Brewer stuck on team.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm not trying to come at you in a negative manner but your proposed trade for Marcus Morris is nowhere near realistic. Even if you do attach picks. Yes it would be sweet for us but why on earth would Detroit want to trade their starting forward, who is locked up for a bargain, for our bench players who haven't even played well when given the rare opportunity.

Jatman20 likes this.
  14. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Dont post much but i read a butt tonne on here.. heres something ild like to see

Rockets get:
    Kevin Love
    Iman Shumpurt

Cavs get:
    Carmello Anthony
    Ryan Anderson

Knicks get:
    Channing Frye
    Cory Brewer
    KJ McDaniels/Sam Dekker
    Rockets future 1st, couple 2nds

Knicks probably get the short end of the stick here but it looks like theyre willing to take somethijg similar from the Clippers. The sticking point here will be the potential of KJ/Dekker (most likely Dekker) and the Rockets pick next year.

Cavs get Melo and a Kevin Love lite in the form of Anderson. By all accounts Lebron would want to have Melo on his team, and while the loss of Love would hurt the addition of Anderson would make it a bit easier. Biggest issue would be Andersons contract going forward. Though if he has success and even manages to win a Ship this year would be easy to trade next season.

Rockets most improtantly get their second star! As mentioned a thousand times Love is a perfect fit with this system and would be a clear upgrade over Anderson. Shumpurt would mainly be used as filler but would be great on this team too with his shooting and (when he wants to) defense. He would again be a clear upgrade over Brewer. Would Cavs give him up? To get Anderson i would say.. yes.. -_^

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like it but no way Morey trades their biggest FA signing so soon, that would deter future FA signings for sure.

16. jayfree

jayfree Member

Taj Gibson is an UFA after this year. Not sure why his name hasn't been thrown around yet.

17. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Yeah i get what your saying, though i always got the impression that Anderson was a means to an ends if you get what i mean. I remember after the signing Morey saying something about still looking for their 2nd star..

D-rock likes this.
  18. jayfree

jayfree Member

If Morey had a shot at another star player there isn't anyone on the roster (outside of Harden) that wouldn't be considered.

19. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

i hear you. Yeah I was going off the Codman prophecy.....which is probably contingent on them falling
    apart. Sorry I got caught up looking down at the treasure map that I didn't see the branch in front
    me.

Fact of the matter is Ennis and KJ only bring you back so much. Only so much candy bar that
    you can buy with a dollar & we (Rockets) only have 50 cents. Yule C moment. I felt
    like I broke the Da Vinci code. Thanks a lot Zoplicone. Haha

#1619 Jatman20, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    ramotadab and Zoplicone like this.
  20. Fantasma Negro