1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Imagine what they'd ask for a guy they want to keep, Tyson Chandler. LOL

Jatman20 likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Uh, no. I don't think there are enough exclamation points. Gutting team core, depth AND chemistry?

Tha_Dude, BigMaloe and rockets018 like this.
  3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Chicago seems want to buy Chris Bosh next year. I think Chris Bosh can upgrade our center position.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Pete the Cheat

[​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, IF this is true yeah, it's pretty laughable, even though if you think about it...they probably saw the Cavs trade a 1st rounder for Korver which is (imo) not as good as Tucker as today, so we're not that far probably...we should also consider that only a contender/pretender would have any interest in PJ so, a team which is certain to make the playoff wouldn't even need to protect the pick around the deadline. Obviously no team around 50% is going to throw an unprotected 1st in this scenario, that would be absolutely laughable but i think not even the Kings would do that.

6. anchel

anchel Member

Our pick unprotected and no prob

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Realistically what is out there that is obtainable? We have very minimal assests. We won't be able to trade Brewer without including a 1st and he's a needed piece for salary matching so that basically kills our assets with picks. Id wager this is the roster we are stuck with.

8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Las year, Houston trade Thornton and Micheal Beasley, they are really very helpful for the team. Can Morey do tge same this year?

9. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Why in the hell would Miami do that trade is the better question

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think we deal Brewer and our best 2nd rounder for a bit of an upgrade. I don't mind dealing Brewer and our first if we can get a player who's top 7 on our roster. Cause our first is one of the worsts, and first round picks have guaranteed expensive contracts now.

#1430 Mathloom, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I want to trade Tyler Ennis for Michael Beasley.

Hui and Nemospl like this.
  12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Brewer to Brooklyn for bogdanovic.

Brooklyn has absolutely no assets or picks outside of cap space to swallow bad contract in return for compensation. I would try and get away using a 2nd and gentile but ultimately I would be OK with including our 1st.

Bojan is currently a 37.7% shooter from deep but if we take a deeper look he is underrated and unknown I think.

Catch and shoot he is a 41.8% from deep on a 33.8% frequency. His pull up game not so much but in this offense I doubt he's pulling up. Also the majority of his shots (34.4%) come with 0 dribbles. And the more dribbles the lower the %. Also, almost all of his shots come at the rim, or from 3. Perfect fit.

Don't really know much about his defense but he does defend the 3 to a 32.4%dfg which is a 3.7% decrease so there's that.

We really do need another shooter, brewer ain't cutting it and needs to go. dekker has been regressing(edited later: of course he goes and scores 30 in his first start) . Bojan is established at catch and shoot and being an above average shooter while being linked to moreys interest before.

Thoughts on brewer/1st for Bojan?

#1432 BigMaloe, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    JamalP. and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Gallo/nurkic/wilsonchandler are hotties

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If we find a way to trade for a more traditional pf that can stroke the three a little and bring ryno off the bench does that make us the most high powered bench in the nba? Also lets get some pg insurance. If beg and Gordon go down at the same time I will light my house on fire

jsingles likes this.
  15. craguin

craguin Member

[Eric Pincus - 1/21/2017]
    L.A. owes the Orlando Magic a 2019 first-round pick for Dwight Howard, but that selection is tied to the Lakers' obligation to the Sixers (i.e., if the Lakers land a top-three selection in 2017, they'll also keep their 2019 first-rounder, owing instead a pair of second-rounders to the Magic).

The results of the 2017 draft lottery will determine if L.A. loses not one but two of its next three first-round picks. If the Lakers pick in the top three in the lottery, they will send their 2018 first-rounder to Philadelphia, unprotected. [...]

With the Feb. 23 trade deadline nearing, perhaps the Lakers should think less about improving the on-court product this season and more about their chances in the lottery. Wouldn't scorers like Williams or Nick Young interest playoff teams looking to boost their offenses?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets can sign FAs (Larry Sanders, Lance Stephenson), foreign players like Smoove, Jimmer, Isaiah Austin, Nick Johnson, Gentile in about month or so, or sign unaffiliated D-Leaguers right now.

Guys like Gabe York (40% 3 ball - 6'3 190 athletic combo guard), Wayne Selden (upside is poor man's Eric Gordon and downside is poor man's PJ Tucker), JaKarr Sampson (6'8 210 - young Ariza).

17. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

LOL most of these proposals are teams bending over backwards.

No one is going to give up anything of worth for Brewer, probably have to include a pick just to get rid of him.

D-rock likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anderson and Brewer to Kings

Gay, KJ, Harrell, Dekker + Rockets 1st to Knicks

Anthony, O'Quinn and Holiday to Rockets

19. jsingles

jsingles Member

Anthony would ruin this team.

mikol13 and BigMaloe like this.
  20. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I like the stats you came up with on Bojan. You have 32.4%dfg in defending 3; which is a 3.7% decrease (from?). From Brewer? Rest of Rox team?

Not sure Morey would give the 1st for a RFA this summer.

Edited later: I have mentioned that I project Dekker as a PF next year. Perhaps sooner.

BigMaloe likes this.