1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

How is it a cap killer when his contract is one year less than Brewer's? You suck it up and bring in a defensive big for a couple of years, gives the Rockets a legit big man to play 20-25 minutes a night.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

You act like it's a lotto pick...it's a late 1st rounder to unload Brewer and plug a major hole we have at C. If we're in win now mode, which I believe we are, a late 1st isn't going to help us near as much as Chandler can this year and in the next few years. Harrell might be ok on the offensive side but he's a pf who is going to get schooled by the bigger bigs on the other side.

BigMaloe and JamalP. like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's not giving the Suns great defense and rebounding right now.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Does this really sound like a Morey move to you?

5. Rockets4Life13

1st rounder is a 1st rounder. A lot of talent in next years draft, dont underestimate that. It just wouldn't make any sense to give up a 1st rounder for an old guy, im not saying we shouldn't get him at all.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Because it isn't one year less than Brewers?

7. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Before the season I set the win total at 58 wins (+/-2 games) barring injuries of significant time by Harden, Ariza, Ryno, Gordon, and Capela. I felt the Rox could wait out the storm of losing
    Beverley & others. I wanted Rudy Gay/Willie Cauley-Stein or Noel/Stauskas/?Hollis Thompson?
    to shore up weak areas & move guys like Brewer/KJ/Ennis who aren't used very often and
    may be called upon in the event of an injury. Im hoping the Rockets are holding discussions
    for one of these moves. Separate trades going after lesser deals like "just Stauskas" &
    "just Willie Carley-Stein" would be fine with me. Guys similar to them in play......without tearing
    down the main core of this current team. Other teams are going thru injuries as well. If
    Capela misses 6 weeks my win total drops to about 51 games (+/-2 games).

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Nerlens value has got to be at an all time low.. right?

D-rock likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's the only (but big) problem...unless Chandler is willin to rework his contract (and i can't see him doing that).

D-rock likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Its not killing the cap when your sending out not expiring contracts in kj and brewer. If somehow you could shed Ennis for an expiring scrub your literally not tying the cap up anymore than you would not trading for him.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wtf are you talking about? You are more than misinformed because I've been having conversations about chandler that you have had to read considering you were parts of it.

What you are speaking are flat out lies and be. Chandler is elite at rebounding. Check his per 100s, rebound %s, and even his per game #s even though he play low minutes.

To say he doesn't provide defense is also just flat out bullshiit. I get it if you prefer to not like a player or care to acquire him, but don't spew nonsense just to talk.

Besides his elite rebounding, and his still very good defense. He has a ts% of 70. Harden is elite at 60%, and chandler is even better. He is shooting 75% from 0-3ft, almost the same as capelas 77%.

He is fantastic in the PnR which we run a heavy offense of, and sets fantastic screens. He has championship experience and should be a fantastic locker room presence.

His contract is for 2 more years after this one and it's at league average contract wise for a solid center. His contract isn't a nuisance.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I understand that you must be Tyson's baby mama or something but you do not seem to understand that Chandler is a descending player AND he has a craptastic contract. He is still excellent rebounder and very good at PnR, YES. And unlike you I also understand that many players, including Chandler, would put up better OFFENSIVE numbers if they played for the current Rockets. But Chandler is old and no longer has the ups or the stamina he once did, he doesn't run all out anymore and he has really regressed as a shot blocker. These are not lies.

So Chandler fills ONE important criteria/need on defense but is no longer as elite at switches, steals, shot blocking or running the floor like a madman. MDA system will improve his offensive numbers (which have been down last 2 seasons) but it will not improve his D, because this team runs more than the Suns. Not same pace as Harden-Lin Rockets but faster pace is not kind to players 34+ with 15 years of NBA wear and tear.

And Chandler has zero upside, that is very bad considering the length of his contract. Putting more aging veterans with albatross contracts on this team is no way to contend, even for this season. Adding young lottery players with "potential" is not conceding THIS season, only you believe this. You can add young players who can contribute and positively impact team, e.g. Capela. And I know you find this hard to believe, but there are other young talented players out there that when paired with Harden, MDA and rest of Houston cast may even exceed Capela's production, offensively AND DEFENSIVELY. I know, I know, mind blowing thought right?

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

I know I am the odd man out here, but Houston is not going to blow this Capela injury out of proportion and throw whatever at another player. Houston will be fine without him for the time being and even if we lose a few games we may have won otherwise, we'll be stronger by playoff time with a more confident bench.

Zoplicone and bulkatron like this.
  14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think you're spot on. Anyone worth getting is going to have a high price tag.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm with you. I don't think the Rockets need to pick up Tyson Chandler.

I think Capela will be missed but I think they'll be ok until he returns.

#555 xtruroyaltyx, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  16. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Any interest in a Mason Plumlee trade? A lot of potential and the only Blazers big man that hasn't gotten paid (RFA this upcoming offseason).

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Philadelphia: Serge Ibaka, KJ McDaniel, Orlando 2nd, Rockets 1st (lottery protected)

Orlando: Jahlil Okafor, Corey Brewer, Tyler Ennis, Rights to Llull/Gentile

Houston: Nerlens Noel, Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja

TRADE SUCCESSFUL

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

18. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Rockets send lottery-protected 2018 1st round pick, 2017 2nd round pick to Sacramento.[​IMG]

#558 RobKsports, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  19. Rockets4Life13

Getting Hezonja,Noel,Gordon ( 3 top 5picks i think?) for Brewer,Ennis,McDaniels and a first rounder could be the trade of the season. And unfortunately it will not happen.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hezonja is a bust, Noel is a cancer and Gordon can't shoot. Should I throw in Dekker too? :D