1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

How much do you think Philly is asking for Noel? Hopefully Capela will be fine but makes you realize how short we are with our center rotation if we can't rely on Onuaku to play minutes. Nene is old and Harrell is better at center when we go small.

He's the only name that makes sense right now. Not too expensive, has no place on his current team and shouldn't command too much in a trade. We don't want to lose anyone in our current rotation and Philly don't want Brewer. How much more than a 1st rounder do we have to chip in? Does Gentile's rights hold any value?

Jatman20 and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think Noel would have given KAT a much more difficult time and altered many more shots IMO. Noel is better shot blocker than Chandler, better rebounder, better perimeter defender/better at switches, and better at getting steals. More importantly Noel is a better investment than Chandler who will have 15 seasons of NBA wear and tear. Chandler was good under MDA, Noel could be a superstar, but that's just my opinion. Let's just agree to disagree.

Jatman20 likes this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Superstar is a strong word. He could be good, although he is also coming off an injury.
    I'm with you though. I can't really say my reasoning because honestly Chandler probably would make us the better team at first, but we are committed to Capela as our starter, and I'd rather have Noel backing him up than Tyson.

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

There are buyers and sellers for trades. I'm not sure the Suns are convinced that they need to
    make a trade.....yet. Philly on the other hand will keep getting their boat rocked by Nerlens. Its
    not easy to build up interest of other teams by playing only 8 mins a game.

BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Note for trading with Philly.....they have 15 players on their roster and I'm no Philly expert but I'm pretty sure they use all their players that aren't injured. Not to say they wouldn't part with any, but they wouldn't cut any, so any trade they make they want the same number of players out as in.

The only deal I can see that makes sense for us then would be KJ + picks for Noel. But I don't think Philly would want KJ back after giving him away, and would picks be enough?

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Question. Since we didn't have a pick in the draft last year, we're not allowed to trade our pick this year until after the draft, correct?

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Noel is a nice defense stopper and role player. He needs to be in the right situation and have the right attitude though.

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. Chamillionaire

Why do I get the feeling PHI is gonna want Dekker, Montrez, and a pick for Noel? We're gonna have to give up a few key players just to get them talking... Brewer KJ ain't gonna cut it. Chandler though could probably be had for a lot less.

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is Chandler averaging 8 minutes a game or asking to be traded?

Jatman20 likes this.
  10. Chamillionaire

Valid points.

They're not going to give him away for our poo poo platter.

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

In a perfect world you sell high on Capela to the Kings in a package for Cousins and buy low on Noel to replace him.

12. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I'd say let's trade for Bogut. I wonder how the Warriors are going to feel knowing we acquired what they desperately now lack.

I'm ready to move a combination of Sergio Lulls and Gentiles rights, Brewer, KJ, Onoaku and maybe even Wiltjer or picks we don't have time to see if they can contribute or are going to be busts. After all Harden isn't getting any younger.

Jatman20 and BigMaloe like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Lull has zero value because he announced hes not coming to the nba. Wiltjer isn't someone anyone would trade for. He's someone you try to pick up from waiver wire/d-league. KJ and brewer aren't pieces anyone want, they're just contract fillers

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Noel would have gave Kat a more difficult time but not more so than Tyson.

Noel is a better blocker sure, but that doesn't make him a better defender. He often gets out of position for the block. We don't need a pedimented defending center, we have a good one in capela, we need a rim protecting center(not just a shot blocker).

To say noel is a better rebounder is a flat out lie of misinformation. You don't know what your talking about.

Noels numbers
    orb%-12.3(his highest ever), drb%-18(22.2 last year his best), trb%-15.2(his highest ever)

Tyson's numbers
    Orb%-12.1(practically the same), drb%-34.7(elite), trb%-23%(again elite and significantly higher than noel)

For shiits and giggles here's capelas numbers
    Orb%-10.9%(not as good), drb%-25.5%(higher than noels best), trb%-18.3%(again better than noels best ever)

Ok so you wanna invest in two young and up and coming centers? Both noel and capela? I don't, I'd prefer investing in capela who IMO is better than noel. I'd rather have a vet willing to accept his role off the bench than a player looking to get paid and be selfish in that locker room not sharing the same goal as the team. I'm trying to win a championship in hardens current prime window. Not continue to invest in future potential.

Also @D-rock , noels advanced defensive numbers are not flattering but I wont attribute that to him because of Philly. I mean just look up some stats every once and a while before you throw stuff out there.

@Jatman20 I agree Philly can't build interest in noel and have to do something. But his asking price is much more costly than Tyson chandler. We could get Tyson for brewer+kj+2nd possibly. We would have to include Dekker at the minimum(if that would even be enough) for noel.

Cost vs return.

Give me the better player that will cost me less but doesn't have "upside". I'd rather have championship "upside" in 1-2yrs, than 3-4yrs star defender "upside" after harden leaves us.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  15. BigMaloe

No we can trade this years pick

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I don't believe we can trade this summers pick (16/17) because we traded last yrs 1st rd pick in the
    Lawson deal. Rule is you can't trade 1st rd picks in consecutive seasons. It's the Knicks save
    them from themselves rule. Our 17/18 1st rd pick is available. Unless the rule has changed.

17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I value your opinion BigMaloe. Just not sure the Suns think they need to trade Tyson....which would end
    discussion right there. Before the season I had the Suns on the bubble for the eighth seed. If they
    trade Knight for a PF or backup center. They can get back in this thing. In 8 wins Knight has
    averaged 15 pts......12 pts in losses. Len is at bust status......I expected him to make some progress.
    Makes me appreciate the work John Lucas is doing. He has done wonders with Capela, Harrell, Dekker
    in a short period of time. *sidenote:15 to 12 pts is not major; but Knight may not like coming
    off bench & Warren is ready for more mins.

#457 Jatman20, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  18. jogo

jogo Member

I think Miles Plumlee might be available from Mil. He might cost less in trade than Chandler and will be much easier to get than Noel. He's a really good defender but having a bad year. Seems like a good backup C candidate who can also play PF. He's 12.5 mill/year which seems like a lot but will maybe look good after the new cap. Signed for 4 years.

19. BigMaloe

What that rule means is we cant trade this years pick and next years in a deal. You cant trade back to back future picks. Since we own our pick this year we can trade it but not next years as well, but rather we could trade our 2017+2019 picks in a deal.

#459 BigMaloe, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Jatman20 likes this.
  20. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Oh ok. You sound sure of yourself. It "was" my understanding it was based off of the Knicks trade
    for Tracy McGrady & then Bargnani (maybe others) later. Owners didn't feel it was good for league
    that they(a team) mortgaged their immediate future for 4-5 yrs.